What's new

What could have PAF done in Kargil war

JF-17

New Recruit

Reaction score
According to my knowledge pakistani F-16 were 100 km away from su 30 mki which were bombing on pakistani forces. Idont understand what the hell our government have done in this regard. I think purchasing of jf-17 should be cancelled and pakistani is to get only50 Rafales to counter india. Our government giving orders to get quantity not quality what is you response towards this.
What about Pakistan air force and BVR technology.

At that point of Time Pak did not have BVR missile.

Only thing that saved Pak is the nukes.

According to my knowledge pakistani F-16 were 100 km away from su 30 mki which were bombing on pakistani forces. Idont understand what the hell our government have done in this regard. I think purchasing of jf-17 should be cancelled and pakistani is to get only50 Rafales to counter india. Our government giving orders to get quantity not quality what is you response towards this.

You can win battles but not wars with purchased weapons, you need to understand that. Pakistan should quicken the pace of the JF-17 production instead of purchasing fancy weapons whose supply can be terminated any time Pakistan's "ally in the war against terror" desires.

JF-17, your question does not merit an answer... you surely seem to be living in fantasy land... could you plz give us the calculation of how much these 50 Rafales gonna cost us? plus the weapons and spares and the logistical costs involved? do your homework first... Pakistan is getting ToT of these JF17 aircrafts which you are so against even though in your naivety you have kept the same username for yourself.

Rest assured PAF is in good and capable hands. And the decision to go in to fight or not to fight is not only PAF's, its taken by the Govt.

Indians used mirage2000 not SU-30s if I am correct. We did move 2 sqd at one of our FOB. PAF was told to be on ADA if needed.
I wounder that your Avatar says JF-17 and you are against it. SO who are you a banned member getting in , or someone who just wants to create frictions.

MOD Please close the thread , Thank you.

Last edited:
Indians used mirage2000 not SU-30s if I am correct. We did move 2 sqd at one of our FOB. PAF was told to be on ADA if needed.
I wounder that your Avatar says JF-17 and you are against it. SO who are you a banned member getting in , or someone who just wants to create frictions.

MOD Please close the thread , Thank you.

Sir i think Indians Used Mig-29's also!!!

Well i guess we did not use PAF in that clash

because at that time we didn't have any plane to counter Bvr enabled IAF. unfortunately, that power deficit is still prevailing in PAF :disagree:

Try to see the situation the other way around, In kargil freedom fighters and army were against Indian Army an IAF. If our planes got into a dog fight and shot them down and vice versa, And that would have started a war.
TiT for TAT

Try to see the situation the other way around, In kargil freedom fighters and army were against Indian Army an IAF. If our planes got into a dog fight and shot them down and vice versa, And that would have started a war.
TiT for TAT

Kargil itself was a limited war however initially Pakistan claimed it was between mujahideens and IA. Hence PAF was kept away.
Otherwise no nation will stop using its Airforce if its Army is pounded by opponent Airforce.

More debate will lead to friction I alsp feel the thread should be closed.

The Indians failed in the beginning cause they could not become near the hills. Then they switched to high altitude but then you do not have the accuracy. After asking and getting LGB from Israel they could remove the defenders of the hills... They indeed did not use MKI. At that time I thought they had no real MKI but the trainers which lacked a lot options...

Kargil showed that flying low is no longer an option. It ends fast and it is difficult to win from even a small number of opposition.

I do not really agree with the fact that PAF was not allowed to do more then ADA. Surely it could lead to more but I have seen more nations doind a lot more without moving toward full scale war. Let us not forget the mass murdering of Breguet Atlantique crew, I do not understand that India can pass rules why PAF has to be de correct one. We have seen Indian pilots acting as crazy as possible in the past. We do not go that far but waiting to be shot down and not reacting harsh is a bit to soft.

Sir i think Indians Used Mig-29's also!!!

Yes you are partially right but not for attacks on the freedom fighters cum regular Pakistan Army.

They did do high altitude photography and also air cap to protect the Mirages incase the PAF intervened.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom