What's new

US Senate writes Japanese administration of Diaoyudai into law

Korean

BANNED
Reaction score
AFP: US Senate approves amendment backing Japan

US Senate approves amendment backing Japan
(AFP) – 8 hours ago

WASHINGTON — The US Senate has unanimously approved an amendment that reaffirms the US commitment to Japan in its territorial dispute with China over the Senkaku Islands as Washington tries to counter any attempt by Beijing to challenge Japan's administration of the archipelago.

The measure was attached Thursday to the National Defense Authorization Bill for Fiscal Year 2013 still being debated in the Senate. Senators Jim Webb of Virginia, James Inhofe of Oklahoma, Joe Lieberman of Connecticut and John McCain of Arizona have co-sponsored the measure.
The amendment notes that while the United States "takes no position" on the ultimate sovereignty of the territory, it "acknowledges the administration of Japan over the Senkaku Islands."
It further adds that "unilateral actions of a third party will not affect United States acknowledgement of the administration of Japan over the Senkaku Islands."

The legislation reaffirms the US commitment to Japan under the Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security and warns that an armed attack against either party "in the territories under the administration of Japan" would be met in accordance with its provisions.
The amendment also noted US opposition to any efforts to coerce, threaten to use force, or use force to resolve territorial issues.

So the US Senate has codified the mandatory US military response in the event of the Chinese invasion of the Diaoyudai.

Yes, good luck trying to battle the combined forces of two US carrier battle groups + two JMSDF frontline battle fleets.

Na, we Chinese alway have a good sense of timing such how we deal with Hun or Goguryeo, it's genetic.

Yes, good luck trying to battle the combined forces of two US carrier battle groups + two JMSDF frontline battle fleets.

they have mighty DF-21D , so stealthy that no one have ever seen it.:china::D

I guess I go by Indian's definition that "made in China" is doubtfull...so I cheerleading your Brahmos..as for your flag ....:lol:

If DF-21D actually worked, then China would have leaked a test video of it striking a moving ship to "warn" Americans.

Instead, all we saw was a ground test target made to look like a carrier.

If DF-21D actually worked, then China would have leaked a test video of it striking a moving ship to "warn" Americans.

Instead, all we saw was a ground test target made to look like a carrier.

Frankly I don't know how good is this DF-21D...alot of speculation and bragging, only time will tell.

Frankly I don't know how good is this DF-21D...alot of speculation and bragging, only time will tell.
The Soviets were in same shoes as the Chinese were, the Soviets too invested in the anti-ship ballistic missile, then the Soviets gave up.

The antiship ballistic missile doesn't work against a moving target sailing at 30 knots.

actual missile is hardly needed. the pictures alone work wonders.

The Soviets were in same shoes as the Chinese were, the Soviets too invested in the anti-ship ballistic missile, then the Soviets gave up.

The antiship ballistic missile doesn't work against a moving target sailing at 30 knots.

Well I dont want to argue further until DF-21D prove otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom