SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
US, Russia to work on Pak, Afghan problems

Putin285.jpg

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Washington: US President Barack Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin have identified Pakistan and Afghanistan as the issues on which they would require to work together.

The two leaders also noted: "Both our nations face persistent and evolving domestic and transnational terrorist threats, including from terrorists based in ... Afghanistan, and Pakistan", reports The Dawn.

Presidents Obama and Putin also referred to the presence of "a common threat from al Qaeda and other terrorist groups operating in and around Afghanistan".

In the two-hour Obama-Putin meeting in Los Cabos, Mexico, Russia also agreed to help the U.S. deal with the problems it was facing due to Pakistan's decision to close the NATO supply lines to Afghanistan.

"We will explore opportunities to strengthen the Northern Distribution Network," the statement said.

The northern network passes through Russia and Central Asian states. Since Pakistan closed the supply routes more than six months ago, the U.S. has been increasingly using this route to supply American and NATO troops in Afghanistan.

The two countries also agreed to bolster regional security in Afghanistan's neighbourhood, and to "expand cooperation as we fight terrorism and narcotics trafficking, taking advantage of the capabilities of the Collective Security Treaty Organisation and the NATO-Russia Council to enhance law-enforcement training for the region".

Acknowledging "the global character" of these challenges, the two countries reaffirmed their readiness for further joint work to implement the UN's Global Counter-terrorism Strategy, the UN Security Council resolutions and statements on terrorism.

ANI

:fans::fans:

But isn't Russia looking for pakistan as a new friend? and help pakistan against US of A?:girl_wacko:

My Mother went on a trip to Russia (about 10 yrs ago). They were there to help local unis. Some of the girls that went were Mexican, and they got dirty looks (brown, just like people from southern Cacuasus). My point being, those who think Russia wants to help "Islamic Republics" and promote Jihad should realise the Russian if anything hates muslim extremist worse than the US. (remember that school the brave warriors of Islam blew up? Hint...that among many others didn't lead to the Russian having great love for Islam)

(PS...this is an example of Pakistani short-sightedness, not thinking that their current fantasy over Russia helping them against new threats could be dis-railed over supporting nuts that blow up Russian school children)

My Mother went on a trip to Russia (about 10 yrs ago). They were there to help local unis. Some of the girls that went were Mexican, and they got dirty looks (brown, just like people from southern Cacuasus). My point being, those who think Russia wants to help "Islamic Republics" and promote Jihad should realise the Russian if anything hates muslim extremist worse than the US. (remember that school the brave warriors of Islam blew up? Hint...that among many others didn't lead to the Russian having great love for Islam)

What is this crap Juice I have had it with you on this my mum went to Russia and therefore I am an expert on Russian racism which I have heard from you on more than one occasion.

Those warriors are not warriors of Islam. They are criminals. It would therefore be fair to say Russians hate murdering killing criminals. Nothing to do with Islam whatsoever. They no more represent us than Christian catholic IRA represent Christians or you.

What is this crap Juice I have had it with you on this my mum went to Russia and therefore I am an expert on Russian racism which I have heard from you on more than one occasion.

Those warriors are not warriors of Islam. They are criminals. It would therefore be fair to say Russians hate murdering killing criminals. Nothing to do with Islam whatsoever. They no more represent us than Christian catholic IRA represent Christians or you.

Of course they don't represent you Aryan, but she was there, and yes...they did hate southern muslims (regardless of who the terrorist represented) Expert? No. But have it from some one I trust (my mother) that there was a hatred. (and she has no agenda, she is quite liberal, old hippy all that, school teacher)

(and it was first-person account, not from some biased news source, you have any first-person accounts refuting this? And not friend of friend)

Lol, Aryan_B, the news article is from an Indian newspaper. Ignore the propaganda piece, its nonsense.

Juice is just a bigoted and stupid. There is no such thing as a War on Terrorism. How can one declare a war against terrorism when terrorism is a tactic and not an enemy.

Aryan_B, our enemies are just getting scared because they know their time is up.

Why would Russia go against us, when they know this could be a real turning point in history and get revenge at USA.

Even Musharraf said whatever happens in Russia, is Russia's internal affairs. Juice doesn't know what he is talking about.

Aryan_B also don;t forget to remind him of the Christian extremists of the Ku Klux Klan and how they would go insane and lynch African Americans.

But Juice is too much of hypocrite to remember that. :lol:

(PS...this is an example of Pakistani short-sightedness, not thinking that their current fantasy over Russia helping them against new threats could be dis-railed over supporting nuts that blow up Russian school children)

Who likes so-called "warriors of Islam" who blow up school children?

Americans? Russians?

Or even Pakistanis??

Lol, Aryan_B, the news article is from an Indian newspaper. Ignore the propaganda piece, its nonsense.

Juice is just a bigoted and stupid. There is no such thing as a War on Terrorism. How can one declare a war against terrorism when terrorism is a tactic and not an enemy.

Aryan_B, our enemies are just getting scared because they know their time is up.

Why would Russia go against us, when they know this could be a real turning point in history and get revenge at USA.

Even Musharraf said whatever happens in Russia, is Russia's internal affairs. Juice doesn't know what he is talking about.

Aryan_B also don;t forget to remind him of the Christian extremists of the Ku Klux Klan and how they would go insane and lynch African Americans.

And exactly what does any of that have to do with current Russian feelings (at least popular) on Islam?

Aryan_B, our enemies are just getting scared because they know their time is up. <----:laugh:

Why would Russia go against us, when they know this could be a real turning point in history and get revenge at USA.:mps:

US, Russia join hands on Pakistan, Afghanistan | DAWN.COM

:pop:

Russians are racists for the most part, brown black indian it dosent matter

The muslim population of russia us increasing very quickly though, Moscow has a massive muslim population

And only the muslims in russia seem to be having children, white russians seem ti be refusing

Just because Russia is willing to work closely with Pakistan; does not suggests that Russia will be willing to sacrifice its relationship with USA. Yes, both nations have some interests related differences but they are not at each other throats.

Russia is already facilitating US through Northern Routes.

@ PakShah

You need some serious dose of ground realities of this world.

Russo-Pakistani relationship will be independent of Russo-US relationship. Relax.

Every country cares about its own interests.

Russians are racists for the most part, brown black indian it dosent matter

The muslim population of russia us increasing very quickly though, Moscow has a massive muslim population

And only the muslims in russia seem to be having children, white russians seem ti be refusing

Yes, they are a bit racist, like I said before, my mother looks Russian enough that she loved the trip, but she was upset by the treatment on the street of her Mexican colleagues.

Good to see US and Russia working together particularly on Afghanistan and Pakistan . USA and Russia may not see eye to eye on many issues like syria and Iran but on terrorism they stand together . Russia has faced much more terror attacks than USA .:tup:

US, Russia join hands on Pakistan, Afghanistan | DAWN.COM

The two leaders also noted that &#8220;both our nations face persistent and evolving domestic and transnational terrorist threats, including from terrorists based in &#8230; Afghanistan, and Pakistan&#8221;.

Russia also agreed to help the United States deal with the problems it was facing due to Pakistan&#8217;s decision to close the Nato supply lines to Afghanistan.

&#8220;We will explore opportunities to strengthen the Northern Distribution Network,&#8221; the statement said.

Back
Top Bottom