What's new

Turkey to limit sales of alcohol

As you know, I meant culturally.

I also use chinese herbal medicine, it doesn't mean I am chinese!

My oh my! Such a jaundiced hatred of your own culture!

As the west had no problem from borrowing from Arab medicine, I have no problem from borrowing from theirs.

By the way, we are talking about alcohol here; a drug that kills and injures thousands.

Btw, what drinks are popular in Turkey?

As you know, I meant culturally.

I also use chinese herbal medicine, it doesn't mean I am chinese!

My oh my! Such a jaundiced hatred of your own culture!

As the west had no problem from borrowing from Arab medicine, I have no problem from borrowing from theirs.

Rakı is our culture.

By the way, we are talking about alcohol here; a drug that kills and injures thousands.

Not as much as religion. Not even close.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rakı might be our national drink, but I don't think it's the most consumed drink. Beer far more consumed I think due to the price and amales in our country.

Btw yeni rakı sucks , Tekirdağ is way better. But rakı is a man destroyer, if you don't consume enough food, the hangover it will give you is immense.

Rakı might be our national drink, but I don't think it's the most consumed drink. Beer far more consumed I think due to the price and amales in our country.

Yeah, beer might be the most consumed drink, but Rakı is the most popular beyond dispute.

Btw yeni rakı sucks , Tekirdağ is way better. But rakı is a man destroyer, if you don't consume enough food, the hangover it will give you is immense.

Yup, meze is a must, especially with rakı.

I may not seem that way, because as I get older I make decisions and make stances. I'd be happy to be proven wrong... being right all the time sucks it's so boring and gets in the way of thinking.

As Sun Tzu said, "making a decision is the occasion when the mind stops working."

Don't you think?

Ok your right your a open minded and a wise man , it's not you but the rest of the world they are too dumb to prove your wrong :)

And here's a statement of joseph stalin : kill all who don't think a like.

No my friend "efelik efendiliktir" nowadays being rude and impolite seems to be cool and the thing to do, but not for me.
I didn't go to a private school, even if i would want to go my family wouldn't have the financial meens that they have today.

Just an advice: If any of your friend say something like this prior to having alcohol:

Just keep him away from the carpet :)

Lol. My turkish friends thought i was the terminator for drinking that much, but it didn't phase me.

Turks drink to have a good time. Pakistanis drink to either fight or because we are depressed.

Dont know abt others... but i drink when im happy or sad.. and whenever i like.. last time me n my 2 cousins sat down to drink... we had 2 bottles of scotch and a couple of beers..... and guess what the older cuz who boasted abt drinking daru from a bucket and what not puked all over the place.. while the other slept like a baby...

Dont know abt others... but i drink when im happy or sad.. and whenever i like.. last time me n my 2 cousins sat down to drink... we had 2 bottles of scotch and a couple of beers..... and guess what the older cuz who boasted abt drinking daru from a bucket and what not puked all over the place.. while the other slept like a baby...

I used to drink so heavy that i would lose my senses and would become very violent. I wouldn't remember anything.

I busted my friend's nose one night for no reason and the next day i did not know that it happened.

I quit drinking forever after that.

I used to drink so heavy that i would lose my senses and would become very violent. I wouldn't remember anything.

I busted my friend's nose one night for no reason and the next day i did not know that it happened.

I quit drinking forever after that.

I used to drink like that when i lived in baluchistan.. once i drink more than 2 bottle of scotch and vodka.. and ended up sleeping in the bath tub for like an hour.. i only get violent when somebody mess with me... or pisses me off...

It's made of rasins. Imo it's weak stuff. I chugged a quarter of a bottle and felt only mild buzz.

It's best not to drink, but you can have more fun with whiskey thsn raki.

As far as i know Jack Daniels has %40 alcohol percentage but Rakı has %46 alcohol percentage.

Maybe you add much water to Rakı.

Back
Top Bottom