What's new

Turkey Ready for War with Syria

the difference between us and Iran/arabs is that we aren't dependent on oil. what we have came to we have struggled for it, dontget me wrong. i still want Iran and Arab countries to do well. but we have an advantage over you when it comes to economy.

and yes, Turkey is wheter you like it or not stronger than Iran. both technologically and experienced.

i agree that Turkey can't handle Iran, nor do i expect. hell we would get our butt kicked if we intervened in Irans issues. but since we aren't there im not gonna talk about it.

Influence you say?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/122253-turkey-most-popular-country-among-arab-nations-poll-finds.html#post1977332

agree with you 100%, i hope iran regime changes soon..

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

the fact that we dont want to destroy our own country.
who will destroy you? you are getting rid of a dictator usa even the jews have your backing.

You dont see technology do you? if you work for the iranians military that one thing, but how can you say they are not advanced because you say so?

Bro, I didn't hate Iran, I only use observation and research. The military development by Iran is a great step today, I tell you what Iran develop technology is exactly 1970s technology (first and second generations), don't get mad. However, it takes times to become more mature upgrading in many years of experiences. Hope you get my point, this PDF forum is excellent information/knowledges regarding military technology in real wars.

I don't suggest any country to attack Iran which is Pakistan's neighbor and Turkey support you. Iran was the first country to speak up against the West/Bush era, and then second later is Turkey using similar voices to speak up. Everyone will follow the steps.

i agree that Turkey can't handle Iran, nor do i expect. hell we would get our butt kicked if we intervened in Irans issues. but since we aren't there im not gonna talk about it.

Silko please watch your language a little or speak for yourself only, Iran cannot kick our butt, nor other country or people nobody can do that! Iran should stop defending ASAD and stop its support to PKK also.. IRAN is a country of 80 million and has a massive territory so not just Turkey no country can controll Iran easily! But to presume that they're stronger then us militarily is just not realistic!

Militarily 1 on 1 we would beat the crap out of them!

Silko please watch your language a little or speak for yourself only, Iran cannot kick our butt, nor other country or people nobody can do that! Iran should stop defending ASAD and stop its support to PKK also.. IRAN is a country of 80 million and has a massive territory so not just Turkey no country can controll Iran easily! But to presume that they're stronger then us militarily is just not realistic!

Militarily 1 on 1 we would beat the crap out of them!

militarily we would take them yeah, we would have heavy cassualities but we would. however after we've defeated them the real challenge starts.

look at Iraq, USA used like what? a week to conquer it, the problems started after they invaded it. suicide bombers, IED's etc you know what i mean. that is what i am referring to when i say "kick our butt".

Davutoğlu: Turkey to take all measures if Syrian turmoil poses risk

07 October 2011, Friday / TODAYSZAMAN.COM,

davutoglu2.jpg

Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu

Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu has said Turkey will take all necessary measures, including military ones, if the ongoing turmoil in neighboring Syria poses a security threat for Turkey.

Davutoğlu was speaking during a television program hosted by veteran journalist Mehmet Ali Birand on Thursday night. When Birand asked whether Turkey is heading towards war with Syria, Davutoğlu said the Turkish state thinks that the oppression inflicted on the Syrian people has reached unacceptable levels.

When he was asked what Turkey can do in the face of this crackdown, Davutoğlu said the Syrian people will do what should be done. “But, as Syria's neighbor, there are also many steps that we can take. Everyone knows that,” Davutoğlu said. As for whether military measures are also included in these steps, the minister said, “Of course, when the situation becomes a security threat for us.”

“Every domestic crisis in Syria will affect Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine and Jordan. It affects the whole region. In this regard, there is no other country more important than Syria today. So, when an internal conflict in Syria poses a risk to Turkey, we will take all necessary measures,” he said.

Davutoğlu's remarks were reported by some Turkish dailies as confirmation of an intention to go to war against Syria. However, a statement from the Foreign Ministry denied the reports and said Davutoğlu did not say Turkey was going to war with Syria on Birand's program, nor anywhere else. The statement elaborated that the minister had only said Turkey would take all measures for Turkey's security.

Dismayed by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's failure to heed repeated entreaties to stop the violence, Turkey has begun putting pressure on Syria. On Tuesday, a Syrian colonel who has emerged as one of the leaders of armed resistance to the 45-year-old Syrian president's rule revealed that he had been given sanctuary in Turkey.

At least 2,700 civilians have been killed in Syria, according to a UN count. Damascus blames the unrest on foreign-backed armed gangs, who it says have killed 700 security personnel.

Davuto

who will destroy you? you are getting rid of a dictator usa even the jews have your backing.

it's not just going in to a war, look at USA. everyday they are in Afghanistan they loose a treamendous amount of money. why... war ain't ceap you know. so what, the west supports us. we are the one that has to sacrifice soldiers not them. ofcourse they back us, who would want to go to a war and lett their soldiers die?

What's wrong between Turkey & Syria ???

Nothing wrong but typical rational world politics coming into play that ummah gang will not understand. Turkey is economically compromised because of the serious amounts of refugees flowing into their country due to Assad's madness against his own people. While a few hundreds are fine but if they become thousands, it becomes a problem. Syria is for Syrians and Turkey is for Turks. The the logic behind why they are 2 separate nations rather than 1.

The influx of Syrians is causing a problem to their economy and naturally Turkey has the right to get angry. If you can get angry at Afghanistan for sending lakhs of refugees into Pakistan and that too in such a fragile state, then Turkey certainly has the right to complain about Assad's madness.

There will be no war between Iran and Turkey. It is just not possible. Iran and Turkey have not been in war for almost the past 400 years and Iran-Turkish border is one of oldest borders in the world which has not seen fighting all this time. It is really a human cultural heritage if one can look at peace as a cultural heritage. But if a war broke out, it will be like hell. Iran has long range ballistic missiles and even is suspected of having chemical and biological warfare system. Turkey has a good airforce and is a member of NATO. Any war between these nations, will push up oil prices through the roof and will have a global consequences. I do not think anyone will win at the end though. It will be much like Iran-Iraq war of 1980's. Very devastating for both and the region. Iran will become militaristic and Turkey will lose its tourism industry as well as gas and electricity it imports from Iran. Both will lose allies against Kurdish terror and their people will pay the ultimate price for the war. Beneficiaries will be Israel and Greece. Since Turkey and Iran do not have direct border conflicts, the possibility of war is very low, and I do not think Turkey will ever try to invade Syria to "export democracy". We already know that even US which is ten million times more powerful than Turkey could not export democracy by invasions. So Turkey should just cool down and use diplomacy and negotiation.

Besides one has to put things in historical context. Turkey itself has had military dictatorships in past with "deep state" in them which caused the killing of numerous democracy supporters in Turkey. How would have Turkish people felt if in those times another country threatened invasion of Turkey to bring democracy there? I am sure Turks would not have liked it a bit.

Assalam alaikum

who says there will be war between turky and iran?

Regarding syria, turky doesnot have to goto war just help the syrians they will throw this criminal out just soften those borders nothing else. It might be long and bloody but without foreign troops and will end with bashar hanging inshaAllah

TARIQ

Nothing wrong but typical rational world politics coming into play that ummah gang will not understand. Turkey is economically compromised because of the serious amounts of refugees flowing into their country due to Assad's madness against his own people. While a few hundreds are fine but if they become thousands, it becomes a problem. Syria is for Syrians and Turkey is for Turks. The the logic behind why they are 2 separate nations rather than 1.

The influx of Syrians is causing a problem to their economy and naturally Turkey has the right to get angry. If you can get angry at Afghanistan for sending lakhs of refugees into Pakistan and that too in such a fragile state, then Turkey certainly has the right to complain about Assad's madness.

I think u got it wrong if u speak about afghan refugees they were wellcomed not only in pak but all muslim countries and they lived better in those countries

TARIQ

Millions of Afghan refugees have been living in Pakistan and Iran for more than three decades now. What is wrong if Turkey hosts a few thousands of refugees for three months? Besides Turkish economy is very much an export oriented economy relying on out-sourced jobs and low labor cost manufacturing, any war would damage its economy much more than hosting a few refugees for few months.

it is not only the flux of refugees, is turky gonna watch this regims butcher his own ppl which is killing kids and women

someone has to do somthing about it, world or we muslims still didnot forget hama'at massacre by this criminal's criminal father ( ALLAH KI LANAT BASHAR OR US K BAAP PER )

TARIQ

I really don't understand how some Pakistanis can stay indifferent to this matter and urge Turkey to remain passive. Thousands of children, old and women are being massacred by this brutal despot. In my opinion Turkey should do whatever it can, to stop this inhumanity as soon as possible.

Back
Top Bottom