What's new

To the Indian members here-why the special treatment for Kerala fishermen ?

Shabz Nist

Reaction score
Country
India
Indian fishermen get killed or abducted very often in the ocean. Srilanka, pakistan etc all harass our fishermen. So why are we making such a hue and cry now ? Is it because the killed fishermen are from Kerala ? When are going to protest against sri-lanka for killing Tamils ? When are we going to protest against pakistan for placing hundreds of Indian fishermen in jail ?

For two Kerala fishermen, the state gets involved, the central government gets involved, the judiciary....everyone suddenly wants to protest...

Discrimination ?

If SL/pakistan kill our fishermen, we can kills theirs too, but how the fu$k will we kill Italian fish catchers (or whatever they are called) ? :hang2:

On a serious note, India says Italy killed our fishermen in Indian waters. Maybe that's the reason.

Indian fishermen get killed or abducted very often in the ocean. Srilanka, pakistan etc all harass our fishermen. So why are we making such a hue and cry now ? Is it because the killed fishermen are from Kerala ? When are going to protest against sri-lanka for killing Tamils ? When are we going to protest against pakistan for placing hundreds of Indian fishermen in jail ?

For two Kerala fishermen, the state gets involved, the central government gets involved, the judiciary....everyone suddenly wants to protest...

Discrimination ?

Because Indian GOV want to show their influence with a nation like Italy who does not really care about India at all...But in case of Pakistan and Sri Lanka...Indian diplomacy will be tested and in that area Congi is a big fail...Because Congi can not do anything to Pakistan with fear of loosing Muslim vote and they donot have any guts to say anything to Sri Lanka with fear that Sri Lanka gov will favor China in their bussiness project....I can not imagine...how come the people of Tamilnadu even voting for their regional parties like DMK and AIDMK who always support Congress in different terms of election...

It's hardly a congress/BJP thing i think.As you see India-Italy relation is at all time low. Indian citizen killed by foreign nationals.Same thing will happen if Pak/Srilanka do this.

Discrimination ?

I dont know how its in other states, but here in Kerala many were shocked and angry by this. But this is not all. This is not like SL navy attacking Indian fishermen, this is the FIRST time that European soldiers killed Indian citizens in Indian territory since 1947.

Furthermore the diplomatic row and the legal implications make this a very exiting story for the media and the betrayal by the Italian ambassador and the stupid decision by the SC brings this to new levels.

And all this ridiculous Cong./BJP ranting is mere conspiracy BS without facts.

Because Indian GOV want to show their influence with a nation like Italy who does not really care about India at all...But in case of Pakistan and Sri Lanka...Indian diplomacy will be tested and in that area Congi is a big fail...Because Congi can not do anything to Pakistan with fear of loosing Muslim vote and they donot have any guts to say anything to Sri Lanka with fear that Sri Lanka gov will favor China in their bussiness project....I can not imagine...how come the people of Tamilnadu even voting for their regional parties like DMK and AIDMK who always support Congress in different terms of election...

There you said it - these two parties have opportunitic morons at the top and it is causing much damage to the Tamil fishermen. Karunanidhi the local culprit who was in cahoots with Indira when she gave away Katchatheevu illegaly to SL in 1970s and many shooting incidents happen around this island's waters.

DMK has pulled out its support - coalition crisis - mid term elections?

Discrimination ?

There has been previous incidents of Indian fishermen being abducted and the news going away without attention.
But, killingg of our fishermen like this is rare and has got attention.

Discrimination ?

The difference I suppose is because the killing of Kerala fishermen happened in Indian maritime territory.In short they came to our shores,killed our fishermen,got away with.On the other cases killing happened in those countries maritime territory where we have no authority to take legal action.Here, our fishermen accidentally violates maritime boundaries of other countries and gets killed.Both are unfortunate incidents,but in later cases,no scope of involment for judiciary and law inforcement.

Discrimination ?

Err! No one is harassed or abducted, fishermen are arrested when they trespass/go astray.

The difference I suppose is because the killing of Kerala fishermen happened in Indian maritime territory.In short they came to our shores,killed our fishermen,got away with.On the other cases killing happened in those countries maritime territory where we have no authority to take legal action.Here, our fishermen accidentally violates maritime boundaries of other countries and gets killed.Both are unfortunate incidents,but in later cases,no scope of involment for judiciary and law inforcement.

And the TN fishermen are killed at the maritime territory illegally marked by Indira in 1970s when she granted Katchatheevu to SL - mind it - it is illegal as it was not ratified by 2 houses as should have been the situation as per Indian constitution.

TN to move SC seeking to expedite Katchatheevu case - The Hindu

- So in short while I support the strongest response to Italy by GOI related to the Kerala Fishermen time and again I have seen marked indifference with fellow Indians against TN fishermen shooting incidents.

Ofcourse I am blaming only the local TN leaders who are opportunistic morons like Karunanidhis and Jayas and MGRs who replaced tall leaders like Anna and Kamaraj as was the phenomenon elsewhere in the country.

There has been previous incidents of Indian fishermen being abducted and the news going away without attention.
But, killingg of our fishermen like this is rare and has got attention.

hundredds of tamil fishermen have been killed till now......

Ofcourse I am blaming only the local TN leaders who are opportunistic morons like Karunanidhis and Jayas and MGRs who replaced tall leaders like Anna and Kamaraj as was the phenomenon elsewhere in the country.

sashan....please dont compare mgr with these two morons....his support to lankan tamil cause is something no one can deny......

DMK-322-3.jpg

sashan....please dont compare mgr with these two morons....his support to lankan tamil cause is something no one can deny......

Bro - while I do not deny his support for Lankan cause, I am inclined to think he did not do much to retrieve Katchatheevu and was supporting Congress at the center during his time.

Nothing but another opportunistic stroke by this moron who is ditching UPA like a rat from the burning ship and wants to tap into people's sentiments against SL war crimes for vote bank political reasons.

Bro - while I do not deny his support for Lankan cause, I am inclined to think he did not do much to retrieve Katchatheevu and was supporting Congress at the center during his time.

sashan at tht time the lankans were allowing our fishermen to fish in the waters and there was not much problem.....it was only in the late 90s that they started firing on tamil fishermen on the grounds they were supporting ltte.......

Back
Top Bottom