What's new

Time Is Up: Millions Of Afghan Refugees In Iran, Pakistan Fear Return To Ba

1) Are your sentiments representative of the majority of Pukhtoons ? Because if there are others like Monkey de Luffy...we might face a severe back-lash !

Well there might be some sympathy bu many pushtoons want the Afghans to go back since it creates problems for Pakistani pushtoons as well. This minister is also pushtoon and is from FATA too.

However, Shaukat Ullah, Pakistan’s Minister of States and Frontier Regions, whose government may extend the legal residency rights for some Afghan refugees, warned nonetheless that most of the refugees must return home soon.

thanks for that deep insight... Sleep well

Don't mention it. Will give you Indians reality checks in the future too.;)

Pakistan should send all the Afghans back , that would be the right thing to do . That way , some pressure may get built upon the Indian govt. to send all the Bangladeshis back from here as well .

No chance.. No Indian coming to Bangladesh. Didn't you see how we pushed back Rohingyas? So your dream of making Bangladesh as your home not going to come true soon.. Apply for labor visa instead so that we can keep a close eye on you.

Obviously, Pakistan cannot afford these refugees. Also, they are treated quite badly. However, since Pakistan put itself in a position where US does not trust is only natural, given Pakistani establishment to either ignore the terrorists or to support them, Pakistan Should stop crying when others come to help....

No chance.. No Indian coming to Bangladesh. Didn't you see how we pushed back Rohingyas? So your dream of making Bangladesh as your home not going to come true soon.. Apply for labor visa instead so that we can keep a close eye on you.

:lol:

Sorry the normal progression for any 3rd world citizen like me is to move to either a 2nd world or 1st world country not a 4th world one .

Yes , I may come to Bangladesh some day , but only if I need to come personally to throw some Bangladeshi illegal immigrant back in to his motherland.

Yes, Indians are so impressed by Bangladesh's growth and the opportunities there that they are ready to sneak in.... True story...

:lol:

Sorry the normal progression for any 3rd world citizen like me is to move to either a 2nd world or 1st world country not a 4th world one .

Yes , I may come to Bangladesh some day , but only if I need to come personally to throw some Bangladeshi illegal immigrant back in to his motherland.

3rd world citizen are like headless chicken will run whatever way it finds easy. But BD border is no more a easy thing to deal with. See what happened to Burma.

No you cant come to Bangladesh whatever ill motive you possess except with a visit Visa. Some Indian do trespass but not you.. I will personally send your information to our effective BGB to keep a close eye on you.

Yes, Indians are so impressed by Bangladesh's growth and the opportunities there that they are ready to sneak in.... True story...

You are the smartest Indian I ever seen, dont fear to accept the reality. Thumps up brother..

3rd world citizen are like headless chicken will run whatever way it finds easy. But BD border is no more a easy thing to deal with. See what happened to Burma.

No you cant come to Bangladesh whatever ill motive you possess except with a visit Visa. Some Indian do trespass but not you.. I will personally send your information to our effective BGB to keep a close eye on you.

Poor Indians Not wanted North-China West-Pakistan East-Bangladesh South Sri-Lanka truly a billy no mates if I may add.

Educated pushtuns know how much damage Afghans have done to us, uneducated ones also know the fact, the pushtun factor might come into play to show solidarity, i have solidarity with the Afghans and their suffering, but we have suffered alot due to them also and suffering to this day, so enough is enough. They should go and take their destiny into their own hands and make Afghanistan their home.

Dunno yaar ! I'm a bit confused on this one. The Pukhtoons I've met here in Lahore can be broadly categorized into 3 - the Punjabi Pukhtoons, the educated Puktoons and the uneducated ones from the Tribal Areas ! The Punjabi Pukhtoons naturally don't identify with the Afghans on the basis of a common ethnicity because they're Punjabis by language and culture but Pukhtoons by descent a little like myself - a Kashmiri by descent but a Punjabi otherwise !

The educated Pukhtoons from FATA, KP or Balochistan can further be divided into 2 - the ethno-nationalist who like the ANP and people like Mahmood Khan Achakzai use words like 'Merai Tareekhi watan' and what not ! They identified very strongly with the Pukhtoons from across the border and even admonished me for coming between two brothers !
The other ones who had intermarried or intermingled a lot with the rest of Pakistan held a different view that they did have a soft spot for the Pukhtoons across the border but the Afghans have made a mess here in Pakistan and that hospitality can extend only so much ! Consequently these guys were also very angry on how the Afghans would blame each of their problems on either the Pakistani establishment or the ISI without any ownership whatsoever of the mess in their country !

The uneducated lot had elements who were inspired by that 'ethno-nationalism' as well but there were also those who had traveled all over the country and had felt a deep bond with the rest of us because wherever they went (especially in Punjab) they had been welcomed ! Even in Karachi until recently they have enjoyed a lot of local hospitality before politics ruined that ! Consequently because these guys are hard-working individuals just trying to make ends meet they were deeply disturbed about the drug, kidnappings and gun culture the Afghans had introduced in Pakistan because of which the Pukhtoons have been, at times, stereotyped as 'dangerous guys', 'fundos' and the sort ! So even though they didn't despise the Afghans they still wanted them out of the country ! Heck the guy who owns a shop in the market behind my house (hes from Bajaur) even said with a toothy grin that they beat the Afghan Army back into Afghanistan when they invaded Bajaur in the '60s - I dunno whether this is true or not !

I guess my questions is : On the question of 'should the Afghans be sent back' how much polarization is their in the Pukhtoon dominated areas on this issue ? I mean I wouldn't want to send the Afghans back and risk alienating entire swaths of Pukhtoons in the Pashtoon belt !

You are the smartest Indian I ever seen, dont fear to accept the reality. Thumps up brother..
it is enough to know you cannot even understand the sarcasm... God help your country...

I don't mind if the Afghan refugees get Pakistani citizenship.

In fact it only helps us Pakistanis, because Pakistan and Afghanistan share a lot in common.

Obviously.

Thats why they call it the Afghan-Pakistani region.

No one uses term Indo-Pak anymore.

Perhaps when there was an East and West Pakistan, "Indo-Pak" may have made some sense,

We have nothing to do with India.

Afghans should be sent back asap, all trade with them closed, Afghan Transit cargo should be taxed inside pakistan, tax collected from the trade good should be transferred to Afghanistan, this way the smuggling would be checked and Pakistan will be saved from the billions its loosing on yearly basis.

With Afghans gone, lot of improvement will come in Pakistan.

Afghans should go and take the affairs of their country in their own hands and make a future themselves.

Taimi, tell that to these tribes Aka-Kehl,Salman-Khel, Kako-Khel,Orakzai,Sadozai,Alizai,Yousufzai,Khwajekzai etc etc etc etc. These people have been living in these geographical areas where Pakistan exists today far longer than the federation of pakistan.

Are you a Pathan? Maybe you haven't visited your home recently. Nothing is wrong with our people, it's the foreign religious doctrine that is corrupting our valiant culture each and every passing day.

By the way, what do you think, if all of the above mentioned tribes get together, who will take them out - a band of rag-tag army - who wouldn't even understand one dialect?

Talk about backlash, it will be a blood-bath. Forget about the idiot TTP for a moment and think hard! (For your information TTP is mostly composed of Mahsud's - THEY ARE NOT PATHAN - In local folklore it is said that a baby was left under a tree whose father was unknown and that's where they spawned from. Ask this question to the Wazir tribe!) Another fact, the Mehsuds have been selling their mom*a's for the better part of the last two centuries - so no surprise here -- but don't call them Pathans) You'll understand the meaning of Pathan when you engage us.

I don't mind if the Afghan refugees get Pakistani citizenship.

In fact it only helps us Pakistanis, because Pakistan and Afghanistan share a lot in common.

Obviously.

Thats why they call it the Afghan-Pakistani region.

No one uses term Indo-Pak anymore.

Perhaps when there was an East and West Pakistan, "Indo-Pak" may have made some sense,

We nothing to do with India.

Shah sahib ! Aaap vee maro ge te sanuuu ve marvao ga.

We're talking about sending the Afghans back because of how their presence has harmed our country and you're talking about giving them citizenship ?

Any questions about Pakhtoons please feel free to ask. I'm tired of half baked stories being peddled here. :D

Back
Top Bottom