What's new

Tibetan protest against hu jin tao(pics)

Lets have a fair evaluation.
Hu Jintao, leads a nation rapidly developing and prospering. Tackles major political challenges on world affairs.
Dalai Lama, sits in his hide out and barks "free Tibet" "free tibet" to full fill the agenda of his masters...

After seeing a document on tibetians in exile and dalai lama antics, i must say they are insanely foolish and lama is one shrewd wolf exploiting them as consumables.

Lets have a fair evaluation.
Hu Jintao, leads a nation rapidly developing and prospering. Tackles major political challenges on world affairs.
Dalai Lama, sits in his hide out and barks "free Tibet" "free tibet" to full fill the agenda of his masters...

After seeing a document on tibetians in exile and dalai lama antics, i must say they are insanely foolish and lama is one shrewd wolf exploiting them as consumables.

Just like pakistan exploiting muslims in Kasmir for its own needs and barking at India

i wanna ask chinese ppl. if china was a weak country like tibet and someone tried to destroy chinese culture, would that be fair? would u guys be happy to live a life without a nationality or forced to accept one? thats what u did wit tibetiens. they were a free country without a strong army and china invaded it. why? what did u get out of that.
No one destroy tibetan culture in china. Seeing is believing.

It will be better if China does something about Tibet soon. This kind of resistance can encourage others too. My thinking is that it is best to give some sort of autonomy to Tibet. There is already Hong Kong with one country two systems. So why not Tibet? Afterall both should be treated equally. Actually the benefit could be that giving the special system to Tibet also may encourage even Taiwan to get confidence to join the PRC.

Then automatically communist party can nullify Dalai Lama's influence in Tibet.

No one destroy tibetan culture in china. Seeing is believing.

The problem my friend is not just the prayers. It is actually the demograhic change that Hans are trying to induce. The same is the problem with Xinxiang too. Then such frictions will just keep on increasing. You can imagine the problem if Mandarin is imposed as lanuage over shanghainese!! The resistance is there. So that is the reason that some flexibility should be given. Slowly everything gets better anyway.

It will be better if China does something about Tibet soon. This kind of resistance can encourage others too. My thinking is that it is best to give some sort of autonomy to Tibet. There is already Hong Kong with one country two systems. So why not Tibet? Afterall both should be treated equally. Actually the benefit could be that giving the special system to Tibet also may encourage even Taiwan to get confidence to join the PRC.

Then automatically communist party can nullify Dalai Lama's influence in Tibet.
Dalai lama is not worth of trust.

Just like pakistan exploiting muslims in Kasmir for its own needs and barking at India

Atleast that barking as a profound effect and occasion life loss for Indian guard dogs in IOK, unlike Indian attempt of using Tibetans which is ultimate failure because under Chinese iron-grip India can only squeal like a helpless bird.

The problem my friend is not just the prayers. It is actually the demograhic change that Hans are trying to induce. The same is the problem with Xinxiang too. Then such frictions will just keep on increasing. You can imagine the problem if Mandarin is imposed as lanuage over shanghainese!! The resistance is there. So that is the reason that some flexibility should be given. Slowly everything gets better anyway.
Tibetan kids now have the opportunity to learn mandarin. We could communicate much better by knowing each others language.

Tibetan kids now have the opportunity to learn mandarin. We could communicate much better by knowing each others language.
Tibetan language which also a four-toned one is much more similar with mandarin,we can see many Tibetan speak mandarin in standard level better than those from southeast China.

Tibetan language which also a four-toned one is much more similar with mandarin,we can see many Tibetan speak mandarin in standard level better than those from southeast China.

Tibetan is damn different from Mandarin. It shares its grammar with our side of languages one more thing; it shares its writing from Sanskrit origins.

Tibetan is damn different from Mandarin. It shares its grammar with our side of languages one more thing; it shares its writing from Sanskrit origins.
You have your proof,but I have just been taught that Tibetan and Mandarin are within same language group,maybe I was brainwashed for something or it's just meaningless for China and Tibet to be integrated.

Demographic change is exaggerated. Most Han/Hui immigrants are business people living in a few cities like Lhasa and Tibet is a huge region. Non Tibetans don't want to live in Tibet for long time because their bodies cannot adapt to local altitude. Also, education level in Tibet is far behind of that from inland and most people probably don't want their kids to go to school there.

As to the language, schools in Tibetan use their native language in schools and they have a choice of learning mandarin as well. A lot Tibetans do encourage their kids to learn Mandarin and English so they could have better education/job opportunities later. (There's a BBC document travelling world in 80 days? talking about this). There're local Tibetan local/Satellite TV stations, this is very different from a lot of countries that enforces a single language (US for instance).

One thing you said is correct that Mandarin is indeed imposed over shanghainese! :) There're some complaint about that from local people.

Back
Top Bottom