What's new

Thoughts on the 'Mohajir sooba', & the May 22 attacks in Karachi

I ask why this compulsion of 'integration' or 'acclimatization' ? We didn't fight for Pakistan so that we can have, as some ethno-nationalist say : Hamara Tarekhi Watan or 'Our Ancestral Lands'; we fought under the banner of 'Muslim Nationalism' which means a Pakistani can identity himself in whatever way he or she likes ! Thats one of the reasons why I'm so against making the majority regional language compulsory on anyone; instead give them a choice to study Urdu, English and any other regional language of choice simply because it would help us understand each other but don't forcibly shove it down their throats that 'No because your in Punjab or in Sindh you're going to have to learn that language...no ifs no buts...' No don't do anything like that ! And thank God in Punjab we don't ! I love the Punjabi language even though I'm an ethnic Kashmiri simply because no one forced it upon me ! So I think the call for Mohajirs to integrate or acclimatize is wrong ! They don't have to....!

On the Provinces thing - I say break all of them up ! Let each and every Division, something which is already created on Administrative lines, become a Province and devolve as much power as you can to them so that the elected representatives are even more answerable to the People on a localized level !

There is no compulsion to 'acclimatize'. Many Urdu speakers do not speak Punjabi or Sindhi living in Punjab or interior Sindh, & they get along with Sindhis & Punjabis very well. I do not speak Sindhi, yet, I get along excellently with Sindhi people in Jamshoro & Kotri, & elsewhere in interior Sindh. But, as long as you are respectful to the local conditions & populace, as long as you don't try to cause divisions, you will be respected as well. And the MQM has failed to do that. Good people get along with each other regardless of ethnicity, it's pretty simple.

[:::~Spartacus~:::];2963531 said:
and who are you to say that its not your matter, dont look for opportunities and come trolling, post reported

Not trolling, but when indigenous Pakistanis start saying that Mohajirs must return to India, then it becomes my matter.

Within the border of Pakistan what happens to Mohajirs or what the Mohajirs do is absolutely none of my concern. Butone thing must be clear for those who ask the Mohajirs to go to India - no they are not wanted here. You got to put up with them]

I don't know man...why is it that only Urdu-Speakers in Karachi in Sindh call themselves "Muhajir"? Is it because no Muhajir ever went/lived in Punjab KPK or elsewhere?

Absolute majority of the refugees who went to Pak Punjab were Punjabis from our part and from Jammu, Kashmir, Haryana belt. Their culture is almost similar on either side and they assimilated quickly. But it was not so in the case of UP muhajirs who came to Sindh.

Maybe that is one reason.

There is no compulsion to 'acclimatize'. Many Urdu speakers do not speak Punjabi or Sindhi living in Punjab or interior Sindh, & they get along with Sindhis & Punjabis very well. I do not speak Sindhi, yet, I get along excellently with Sindhi people in Jamshoro & Kotri, & elsewhere in interior Sindh. But, as long as you are respectful to the local conditions & populace, as long as you don't try to cause divisions, you will be respected as well. And the MQM has failed to do that. Good people get along with each other regardless of ethnicity, it's pretty simple.

Ka Bilal bhai ... tension me lagat bada.... kauno dikkat ba ka..

Only the people that are influenced by MQM, or live in MQM influenced-dominated areas (basically, neighborhoods in Karachi & Hyderabad) are identified like that; they fail to adequately acclimatize enough in the local society/conditions, unlike the Urdu speakers in Punjab, KP & interior Sindh; most of whom speak the local language, & acclimatize well enough. These people (that live outside MQM strongholds/dominated areas) do not face discrimination in these regions, only the people that identify themselves as different do.

What is the harm in maintaining your identity ? If you are a Urdu speaking Muhajir, then you are a Urdu speaking Muhajir.

For example I am a Tamilian and I was there in Maharashtra for many years..but I did not consider my Marathi though the respect for the local language and culture was there. I was still a Tamilian and then the overarching identity of being an Indian. Still I did not face any discrimination nor I discriminated against anyone. Same is the case of Marwaris in my place who still retain their culture, traditions, language after more than four generations of being here.

You people are too paranoid of someone asserting their linguistic or ethnic identity and think that is a bad thing. No it is not. The more you people try to suppress the identity of the people - either ethnic, linguistic - thinking that it will harm the natio and try to impose an artificial homogeneity the more such feelings grow. That is one thing you can learn from India. We organized our states on pure linguistic basis. Has there been any problem ?

I don't know man...why is it that only Urdu-Speakers in Karachi in Sindh call themselves "Muhajir"? Is it because no Muhajir ever went/lived in Punjab KPK or elsewhere?

Nope, it's because the "Mohajir" in Punjab have integrated into Punjab and call themselves Punjabi, weather they speak Punjabi or not. Neither do we "Purana Punjabis" have any problems with it, neither do they.

So I ask you, why don't you drop your racism and just call your self Sindhi? After all, Sindhi people themselves are named after Sindh "the province of Sindh-River". You don't have to be Sindhi by blood to call yourself that, just like you don't have to be born to Punjabi parents to be one.

You guys are Purposefully creating a separate identity for yourselves, then use this identity to claim superiority over others and cry they're being "racist" towards you. Your own attitude is part of the problem here.

There is no law that stops us from calling who we are, Muhajir. Neither are you with any power to tell us to define our identity. My grandfather would roll over in his grave if I start calling myself "sindhi".

I am not a Sindh since all they are related to is feudalism, warlordism and oppression of women. We are Muhajir, one of the best educated group in Pakistan who created the Nuke to protect Pakistan. Without us you'd guy be running like a headless chicken trying to protect your feudal lands.

I refuse to call myself a Sindh and I am a Mujahir. End of story.

Absolute majority of the refugees who went to Pak Punjab were Punjabis from our part and from Jammu, Kashmir, Haryana belt. Their culture is almost similar on either side and they assimilated quickly. But it was not so in the case of UP muhajirs who came to Sindh.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/nation...a-may-22-attacks-karachi-3.html#ixzz1vjs6xCa7

Exactly. I share no aspect of culture with the Sindhi's except for being Pakistani. Their way of life is alien and I do not want to identify as them.

Muhajir Zindabad!

Not trolling, but when indigenous Pakistanis start saying that Mohajirs must return to India, then it becomes my matter.

Within the border of Pakistan what happens to Mohajirs or what the Mohajirs do is absolutely none of my concern. Butone thing must be clear for those who ask the Mohajirs to go to India - no they are not wanted here. You got to put up with them]

Maybe that is one reason.

he hasnt said anything about india, i dont wanna use the anger words im just having in my mind, GTFO of here and stop trolling idiot

[:::~Spartacus~:::];2963740 said:
he hasnt said anything about india, i dont wanna use the anger words im just having in my mind, GTFO of here and stop trolling idiot

First of all truthseer did say Muhajirs must get back to India. Maybe he was a Sindh nationalist. But why vent that anger on me ?

First of all truthseer did say Muhajirs must get back to India. Maybe he was a Sindh nationalist. But why vent that anger on me ?

truthseer is urdu speaker

[:::~Spartacus~:::];2963763 said:
truthseer is urdu speaker

But your appearently fine with others telling Pakistani's like myself whose families sacrificed everything to go back to India. You sir and truthseer should be ashamed of yourselves.

But your appearently fine with others telling Pakistani's like myself whose families sacrificed everything to go back to India. You sir and truthseer should be ashamed of yourselves.

Oye...! Are you mad ? Have you ever seen how vociferously 'Spartacus' defends MQM and the Urdu Speakers ?

Oye...! Are you mad ? Have you ever seen how vociferously 'Spartacus' defends MQM and the Urdu Speakers ?

I have not seen it in this thread. All that I've seen is the defense of that one Pakistani telling other Pakistani's to go back to India. If what you have said is true then I will apologize.

You might have lost your identity but I haven't. As a Muhajir, I support a seperate province so we do not face the racist attitudes from Sindhis, Punjabis and the rest who are the most undereducated groups in Pakistan. As a member of the most educated group I feel the need for a Muhajir province is great.

Muhajir Zindabad!

no no no my friend, u call Punjabis and Sindhis racists? guess what your being fking racist here,

and yes u lost your real identity, and that identity is a REAL Pakistani, i dont call myself punjabi or choudry or anything, i call myself Pakistani and im proud of it.

This is the main reason why I say our first identity should be that of a Pakistani. Too much emphasis on regional identities causes divisions and acrimony. My religious identity is MUSLIM ONLY ( no Shia or Sunni ) and my National identity is PAKISTANI ONLY
( not Urdu, Punjabi, Sindhi, Pushtoon or Balochi ).

I will fight for the integrity of Pakistan and always promote unity amongst my Pakistani brethren.

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Unless you do not know, the Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, which Pakistan has signed and ratified protects the Muhajir by allowing the freedom of thought, conscience, opinion and expression alongside assembly and association. So hence your claiming and denying from me being a "Muhajir" is a violation of that right and I will not hesitate to lodge complaints to the administrators or the legal courts in Pakistan on the violation of those very rights.

I'm a Muhajir, not an Urdu speaker, get that right.

Muhajir Zindabad!

Back
Top Bottom