What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

IMO it is NOT possible ... the Russians will IMO never sell only their best engine to power a different competing fighter project
nobody can know what the russians think,
in this world anything is possible, if there is a return for Russian interests with the Turks ...
Russian industry has never been able to produce in large quantities, with the Turks they can move to another level

nobody can know what the russians think,
in this world anything is possible, if there is a return for Russian interests with the Turks ...
Russian industry has never been able to produce in large quantities, with the Turks they can move to another level
If Turkey buy some(≥36) su-57 with type30 engine,then i think the Russian will allow Turks to buy some type30 engines additionally.Anyway, Turkey needs advanced fighters against Greece and its allies now while Russian indeed lack of money.

And so it begins ...

1636044719707.png

Temel Kotil :

-In 2022, the TFX prototype will be produced for ground tests.

- In our company in Pakistan, we have 100 bright Pakistani engineers working for us. We give them some work from our projects and make them do it. 34 Pakistani qualified BAE system engineers, who are British citizens, also work for TAI. We will also open an office in Malaysia."

engine.PNG

Mr. Sunnetci who is an editor of Defence Turkey Magazine reports that Turkey (TR Motor) indeed is interested in co-developing a new turbofan engine based on Al-322 (not Al-222, he misspelled it) with Ivchenko-Progress.

With CEO claiming that the constructed prototype will undergo ground tests in 2022 even BEFORE the conclusion of CDR and the engine being sourced from Ukraine which relatively has little experience in developing modern afterburners high-thrust turbofan engines that are suitable for the 5th gen fighter aircraft, you know this project is either a gigantic scam or a train wreck waiting to happen.

MMU-TF-X-ProgramTakvimi.jpg

However, I guess It doesn't matter as long as TAI could roll out something (probably more of a mock-up or a technology demonstrator) out of hangar in 2023 for the celebration of Turkish Republic's centenary.

Even then, I have not heard that the US government nor GE has approved the sale of GE F110 for TF-X, even for prototypes.

I say it again. There is no joint work between Turkey and Ivchenko-Progress on the TF-X engine. There is an agreement for only two add-ons of the engine.

Authorities say that even the engines (F110 or F110 class) needed for some of the mass production, let alone the prototypes, have been supplied. We won't have to wait long to find out if they're telling the truth. Right?

Temel Kotil :

-In 2022, the TFX prototype will be produced for ground tests.

- In our company in Pakistan, we have 100 bright Pakistani engineers working for us. We give them some work from our projects and make them do it. 34 Pakistani qualified BAE system engineers, who are British citizens, also work for TAI. We will also open an office in Malaysia."

TAI has more Pakistanis working on TFX than there are Pakistanis directly working on AZM.

IMO if the PAF joins the TFX program, and TAI sets up an R&D centre in Pakistan, I'm sure 95% of our civilian aerospace engineers will work for TAI.

@JamD @kursed

View attachment 792654

Mr. Sunnetci who is an editor of Defence Turkey Magazine reports that Turkey (TR Motor) indeed is interested in co-developing a new turbofan engine based on Al-322 (not Al-222, he misspelled it) with Ivchenko-Progress.

With CEO claiming that the constructed prototype will undergo ground tests in 2022 even BEFORE the conclusion of CDR and the engine being sourced from Ukraine which relatively has little experience in developing modern afterburners high-thrust turbofan engines that are suitable for the 5th gen fighter aircraft, you know this project is either a gigantic scam or a train wreck waiting to happen.

View attachment 792669

However, I guess It doesn't matter as long as TAI could roll out something (probably more of a mock-up or a technology demonstrator) out of hangar in 2023 for the celebration of Turkish Republic's centenary.

Even then, I have not heard that the US government nor GE has approved the sale of GE F110 for TF-X, even for prototypes.

stop trolling and check your source againg....

TAI has more Pakistanis working on TFX than there are Pakistanis directly working on AZM.

IMO if the PAF joins the TFX program, and TAI sets up an R&D centre in Pakistan, I'm sure 95% of our civilian aerospace engineers will work for TAI.

@JamD @kursed
Why do you think I'm learning Turkish? :p:

Why do those things have to be mutually exclusive?
Does TAI have an R&D facility in the US? If yes, then why do you have to learn Turkish? Shouldn't the TAI staff that is working in the US, be able to speak, read and write English?

Does TAI have an R&D facility in the US? If yes, then why do you have to learn Turkish? Shouldn't the TAI staff that is working in the US, be able to speak, read and write English?
Sir it's nothing as official as you're thinking. I'm just learning a language that's it. Let's not derail the thread :)

Back
Top Bottom