What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

My theory had been that there's a good chance that Azm = TF-X with Russian/Chinese engine.
Absolutely AZM will have Russian/Chinese engine bcz we don’t have other option until Turkey develop it’s own which will come in later blocks of TFX

I am not sure about the AL41s - they are BIG engines - and better suited to large planes like the Su27/30 series of aircraft or the J20. If you look at the mockups of the TFX then you can see that physically, they would be too big. Turkey was talking about using GE414s for the prototypes, they are a differnet class of engine from the AL41s.

RD93MA's make more sense for the TFX as a backup.

I am not sure about the AL41s - they are BIG engines - and better suited to large planes like the Su27/30 series of aircraft or the J20. If you look at the mockups of the TFX then you can see that physically, they would be too big. Turkey was talking about using GE414s for the prototypes, they are a differnet class of engine from the AL41s.

RD93MA's make more sense for the TFX as a backup.

Actually TFX is quite big, I think it is like F 15. Not like KF 21 with F 414 engine where it looks more like medium weight fighter.

Of course AL41 engine doesnt fit with current basic design, this is why redesign of the fuselage will be needed if Turkey choose this as TFX engine. If Turkey choose AL 41 it means the development schedule will be prolonged. They dont want to do that, but if they dont have any choice, they are forced to use AL 41.

RD93 MA is fit with medium weight fighter like KF 21 (of course some redesign work is needed if F 414 is replaced by RD93 MA for example), TFX is heavy weight fighter

Actually TFX is quite big, I think it is like F 15. Not like KF 21 with F 414 engine where it looks more like medium weight fighter.

Of course AL41 engine doesnt fit with current basic design, this is why redesign of the fuselage will be needed if Turkey choose this as TFX engine. If Turkey choose AL 41 it means the development schedule will be prolonged. They dont want to do that, but if they dont have any choice, they are forced to use AL 41.

RD93 MA is fit with medium weight fighter like KF 21 (of course some redesign work is needed if F 414 is replaced by RD93 MA for example), TFX is heavy weight fighter
What about EJ-200 ?

Why not WS-10 instead of AL-41?

e8rb9uvvuaagfv4-jpg.769591

Last edited:
No it's too small to fit.
Ànd how do you know LOL TFX will medium weight fighter jet ànd why they think your WS-10 if they have better options from West ànd from Russia, WS-10 is still far behind from the Russian ànd western engines in terms of maintenance/ MTBO ( MEAN TIME BETWEEN OVERHAUL) etc etc

No it's too small to fit.

I think before some are confusing engine detaisl and mixing replies - like I did - here some clarifications:
The current interim engine for the MMU/TFX is a GE F110 and as such - at least in size - the AL-31, AL-41 and so the WS-10 too would fit.

Reason for this is, the TFX is a heavy weight and therefore TAI needs an engine in the class of the F110 ... any other mentioned engine like the EJ-200, RD-93MA, F404 or F414 are too small and too weak.

But concerning a Russian engine, from what I read TAI only accepts the best of the best and wants a true fifth generation engine ... and as such neither the AL-31/41 nor the WS-10 would fit, and if only as an interim engine like the F110.

Last edited:

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom