What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

Great but which engine will it use?

Hope Turkey learns from the T129 project + engine saga

Great but which engine will it use?

Hope Turkey learns from the T129 project + engine saga

ther was nothing to learn, T129 project was intended to deliver choppers to Turkish army and not export. The same goes for the drone systems, you have to begin somewhere. Waiting untill you have a engine is the dumbest idea you can imagine.

I say it again. There is no joint work between Turkey and Ivchenko-Progress on the TF-X engine. There is an agreement for only two add-ons of the engine.

Authorities say that even the engines (F110 or F110 class) needed for some of the mass production, let alone the prototypes, have been supplied. We won't have to wait long to find out if they're telling the truth. Right?

Sorry, but you seem to misunderstand the situation. Turkish officials have repeatedly claimed that they have secured GE F110 engines only for prototypes (interestingly, American sides have not confirmed such sale) and plan to develop a domestic turbofan engine for TF-X, not just APU & ATSS (these are so-called 'add-ons' you are referring to).

This indigenous turbofan development is important as you can't build a 5th gen fighter jet with GE F110 unless you make some major modification and that's why Turkish officials have no problem admitting that Block 0 (prototypes) with GE F110 will be a 4.5th gen fighter aircraft. You either have to buy an off-the-shelf engine that is suitable for a 5th gen fighter aircraft or design & build a new engine from scratch. Neither of these options seems practical for Turkey. So how could Turkey achieve its target RCS values and supercruise as a 5th gen fighter aircraft? It doesn't make any sense.

It has always been a question who will provide IP & technology of turbofan engine to Turkey. GE & RR (Eurojet) are basically ruled out, much as Raytheon (P&W) and it has been speculated that It might be a Russian one.

Mr. Sunnetci who is an editor of Defence Turkey Magazine claims the partner is Ukraine which has little experience in designing and building turbofan engines of this class of fighter aircraft.

And yet we have Mr. Kotil, CEO of TAI, appears on CNN and makes rediculous claims such as that TF-X will be better than F-35 because TF-X is desgined to have two engines.

Last edited:
Why do you think I'm learning Turkish? :p:

If you are interested to work in Indonesian Aerospace I can submit your CV into the company, jet fighter division (KF21/IFX program). Indonesian Aerospace has separate R&D program in KFX/IFX program. The salary will be much smaller than in US but at least it is related to Muslim world progress.

If you are interested to work in Indonesian Aerospace I can submit your CV into the company, jet fighter division (KF21/IFX program). Indonesian Aerospace has separate R&D program in KFX/IFX program. The salary will be much smaller than in US but at least it is related to Muslim world progress.

Since when did Koreans become Muslims?

Since when did Koreans become Muslims?

The join development program that has been started since 2011 will improve Indonesia Aerospace Industry inshaAllah. I am not offering the join development program that will be financed by both Korea and Indonesia where the main work is done in Korea in which there are 114 Indonesian engineers involved during design phase in Korea, but there will be separate R&D program inshaAllah conducted in Bandung, Indonesia. This is separate program and it is more linked to Indonesian effort to master jet fighter development outside current KF21/IFX join development program.

Actually I am not offering personally, but will just send the CV to senior engineer (Indonesian) who involve in KF21/IFX program that I know if @JamD is interested.

Last edited:
The join development program that has been started since 2011 will improve Indonesia Aerospace Industry inshaAllah. I am not offering the join development program that will be financed by both Korea and Indonesia where the main work is done in Korea in which there are 114 Indonesian engineers involved during design phase in Korea, but there will be separate R&D program inshaAllah conducted in Bandung, Indonesia. This is separate program and it is more linked to Indonesian effort to master jet fighter development outside current KF21/IFX join development program.

Actually I am not offering personally, but will just send the CV to senior engineer (Indonesian) who involve in KF21/IFX program that I know if @JamD is interested.
When you are involved in the development activities of a product whose rights belong to the Koreans, you are not doing any good to the Muslims. If you see yourself as the representative of the Muslim world, you can invite your Muslim friends here to your airplane projects. For non-Muslim projects where you send a handful of people to help with their aerodynamic design, we may need to talk about different things. It would be better to waste the time it took to develop JF17 than to lose it to dead visionaries.

When you are involved in the development activities of a product whose rights belong to the Koreans, you are not doing any good to the Muslims. If you see yourself as the representative of the Muslim world, you can invite your Muslim friends here to your airplane projects. For non-Muslim projects where you send a handful of people to help with their aerodynamic design, we may need to talk about different things. It would be better to waste the time it took to develop JF17 than to lose it to dead visionaries.

Well 114 engineers are not handful of course, actually the real number is 116. Developing a plane is not only about the aerodynamics things. I will bring the example of N 219 program, there are engineers in avionics integration, propulsion engineer, aerostructure analyst, certification engineer, flight performance engineer, etc

Something that will be new experience is our flight test pilots. We dont have experience in doing test flight for fighter jet, but 6 test pilots have been prepared, 5 from Air Force who has graduated from Aerospace engineer from best STEM University in Indonesia (ITB), and 1 from Indonesian Aerospace.

If we dont have this project, we are not likely to have any jet fighter program, thus Indonesia Aerospace expertise will be limited into just transport plane and UAV. Getting the program provides valuable experience for all the engineers and also technicians

Well 114 engineers are not handful of course, actually the real number is 116. Developing a plane is not only about the aerodynamics things. I will bring the example of N 219 program, there are engineers in avionics integration, propulsion engineer, aerostructure analyst, certification engineer, flight performance engineer, etc

Something that will be new experience is our flight test pilots. We dont have experience in doing test flight for fighter jet, but 6 test pilots have been prepared, 5 from Air Force who has graduated from Aerospace engineer from best STEM University in Indonesia (ITB), and 1 from Indonesian Aerospace.

If we dont have this project, we are not likely to have any jet fighter program, thus Indonesia Aerospace expertise will be limited into just transport plane and UAV. Getting the program provides valuable experience for all the engineers and also technicians
In-house (or even in-country) product development culture is created not by sending engineers to other people's projects, but by mobilizing their own opportunities and options. The problem is not sending engineers to Korea to experience them, but believing that other people's projects will bring a culture to your company's engineers. If you were truly visionary and thought about the Muslim world, you would at least start designing jet-propelled trainers or fighter planes at the same time.

Wow ... :blink: As it seems it finally shows some results!

Congrats for a TFX Titanium bulkhead (width of 5.3 m and a height of 1.6 m) but is this already one for the prototype or a test-item?

1637249849347.png

And as it seems, also the Hürjet is coming along nicely:

Congrats for a TFX Titanium bulkhead (width of 5.3 m and a height of 1.6 m) but is this already one for the prototype or a test-item?

View attachment 794388

Titanium? That sounds expensive and difficult to work with.

View attachment 794388

I'm 100% sure TAI engineers have printed a copy of your angry dino avatar with "DEINO SUCKS" in red marker underneath. They throw darts at it everytime they achieve something under the program. God save you if/when they complete this fighter.

View attachment 794388

It needs a 40KTons+ class die forging press to manufacture this part,had Turkey builted one already?

Last edited:
I'm 100% sure TAI engineers have printed a copy of your angry dino avatar with "DEINO SUCKS" in red marker underneath. They throw darts at it everytime they achieve something under the program. God save you if/when they complete this fighter.

Probably they pot a copy of my name and avatar on the rare Titanium part before it was put onto the 40KTons+ class die forging press to manufacture this part. :azn:

Back
Top Bottom