What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

Yes TF-X is definitely more than a plane there will be uavs operating with TF-X serving as a bait against enemy SAM system but I think the most important projects are kement national data link advent combat management system AESA naval radar with 450 km range and national vls launcher and naval version of hisar on ships
If you combine all these things with TF-X you get an army capable doing of network-kinetic centered pinpoint defensive and offensive operations of course i forgot hava soj project it’s bombardier plane modified and equipped with electronic attack and jamming capabilties and of course air defense frigates and later from 2030 national submarines there is also room for UCAV joint program maybe something i have missed but in general there’s plenty of room for turk-pak joint collaboration
I think, you missed his point,
TFX is more of an experience and research and development of highly skilled manpower instead of just a jet

I think, you missed his point,
TFX is more of an experience and research and development of highly skilled manpower instead of just a jet
One of the reasons why uk has joined this program is exactly because of this as you know they have 6th generation fighter jet to be produced in 2040s but that’s lot of time since they are skipping one generation and focusing on next jet generation they need to “maintain” form Turkey offers great opportunity since everything will be financed by turkish taxpayers money similar case is with sweden they have joined sweden’s 5th generation fighter jet without paying a cent
(Of course there will be some modest spending by BAE but you get my point)
I can place my bet that the RR engine for TF-X would serve as basis for the engine of Tempest
That’s why I think pakistan malaysia or other serious country should enter the project cause you can’t loose nothing only gain valuable experience

One of the reasons why uk has joined this program is exactly because of this as you know they have 6th generation fighter jet to be produced in 2040s but that’s lot of time since they are skipping one generation and focusing on next jet generation they need to “maintain” form Turkey offers great opportunity since everything will be financed by turkish taxpayers money similar case is with sweden they have joined sweden’s 5th generation fighter jet without paying a cent
(Of course there will be some modest spending by BAE but you get my point)
I can place my bet that the RR engine for TF-X would serve as basis for the engine of Tempest
That’s why I think pakistan malaysia or other serious country should enter the project cause you can’t loose nothing only gain valuable experience
Even if we just have to learn, we should enter the project.

Btw, sweden’s 5th gen project ? What is It

Even if we just have to learn, we should enter the project.

Btw, sweden’s 5th gen project ? What is It
Well they are pretty capable to be honest plus they have strong US support now UK has joined Saab is one of the major contributors for the F-35
I think sweden has pretty much good chances to make 5th generation jet cause they have access to everything

Whats the engine choice for TFX? Rolls Royce ?
But wiki says GE F110? I.e F16s engine.
Americans have allowed GE F110 for export????

Bro ahval is not a reliable source. Everyone knows that sites like ahval, nordic monitor etc. are fetö financed.

Just take a look at the background of Paul iddon, so called Journalist, writes for rudaw, newarab etc.:tdown:

Avhal is just as trustworthy as Sabah and Yeni Şafak. They are all pretty crap when it comes to opinion pieces. However in this particular article's case, I think what is said is pretty reasonable.

Its a fake news site which has been created by FETO and financed by the emirates with the intention of posting fake news about Turkey. Sabah is fine yeni safak is however turkeys breitbart so any news from Ahval,al-monitor or aligned news sites are simply fake. Furthermore the article simply states that turkey cant and Turkey wont and that without any backup so these articles are irrelevant.

Its a fake news site which has been created by FETO and financed by the emirates with the intention of posting fake news about Turkey. Sabah is fine yeni safak is however turkeys breitbart so any news from Ahval,al-monitor or aligned news sites are simply fake. Furthermore the article simply states that turkey cant and Turkey wont and that without any backup so these articles are irrelevant.

Yeah actually you're right. Sabah can be okay. Sometimes they post things that no other sites post such as the Kurgan found in Erzurum. But their opinion pieces are of course very biased.

The only good thing about Avhal is that it is one of the only news websites that are focused on Turkey, in English and not pro-gov. Some of their stuff is fine as long as it's not an opinion piece.

I should explain some things
Firstly ahval is feto newspaper they want to be seen as anti government “objective journalists” but there is anti turkish mentality in each article even greek newspapers aren’t bitching so much about turks
Secondly when erdogan said turkey will have its first aircraft IN 5 YEARS he meant HÜRJET( light attack and aircraft trainer 2022 first flight-2025 serial production)
When TF-X will have its first flight in 2025 or 2026 it won’t be stealth aircraft at all because that’s how the process works
TF-X will become stealth by 2029 when necessary equipment for stealth aircrafts will be installed
About RR engine i have already said Turkey isn’t asking for ToT as these feto cult idiots claim on the contrary Turkey asks for serious commitment from UK/RR
They are so brainwashed and can’t see the big picture UK has its own 6th generation aircraft program it is very much in british interest to develop functional 5th generation engine for TF-X that will serve as basis for Tempest
If brits plan to put tempest into action by 2040s they certainly won’t start designing 6th engine in 2030s out of nowhere
Just to add more info:
TF-X 2029 IOC(initial operating capability)
TF-X 2029-2031(test period fixing all bugs make final version)
TF-X 2032-35(serial production-replacement of all old F-16s)

Last edited:
Well they are pretty capable to be honest plus they have strong US support now UK has joined Saab is one of the major contributors for the F-35
I think sweden has pretty much good chances to make 5th generation jet cause they have access to everything
Sweden is indeed very capable and probably has the technical expertise to make a 5th gen jet. However I don't think they will go for it bcuz it requires massive funding to do it alone and is very risk prone. Almost all 5th gen projects thus far have seen cost overruns. That's why u see even countries like France, UK, Spain, and Germany partnering up rather than going it alone. Additionally Sweden has F35 available to them...so it makes little sense to reinvent the wheel and create a competing product at exorbitant cost which would then struggle in the export market due to competition(F35 and potentially a Chinese 5th gen later) and due to Sweden's self imposed export limitations.

Very intersting - and IMO reasonable - report on the TFX:

https://ahvalnews.com/tf-x/turkeys-tf-x-fighter-unlikely-get-ground-2020s

I read the whole article again. I missed the end of it where it said that making a 5th gen fighter is "more than just building a stealth shape"... The only thing we will struggle with is the engine and the effects of corruption. But when it comes to all the other things like radar, electro optics, targeting systems and other components we are definitely somewhere in the top 10.

Sweden is indeed very capable and probably has the technical expertise to make a 5th gen jet. However I don't think they will go for it bcuz it requires massive funding to do it alone and is very risk prone. Almost all 5th gen projects thus far have seen cost overruns. That's why u see even countries like France, UK, Spain, and Germany partnering up rather than going it alone. Additionally Sweden has F35 available to them...so it makes little sense to reinvent the wheel and create a competing product at exorbitant cost which would then struggle in the export market due to competition(F35 and potentially a Chinese 5th gen later) and due to Sweden's self imposed export limitations.
You are right but there is indeed sweden 5th generation program even sweden cooperated with Turkey on TF-X Sweden also joined UK tempest project
I can see here here great potential cooperation between Turkey Sweden Italy and UK also i think TF-X and Tempest should be seen as connected projects

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom