What's new

Taj Mahal ranked third among top global landmarks

==> All the labourers who made taj mahal could never make such a piece as their hands were cut down.

Unsubstantiated assertion. This probably never happened. There are so many lies floating around. Shah Jahan was a benevolent ruler and I can not imagine him doing anything like this, nor have I come across any reference to this faux-factoid. Care to give a respectable reference?

The best thing made in India was made by Muslims. Nuff said'. :cheers:

As if Muslims are not Indian
Pure duniya k Muslims ka theka Pakistan ne le rakha hai kya?

By this measurement, Taj Mahal is middle eastern, not Hindu.

Ya Its not Hindu monument and never claimed to be so....But it definitely is Indian

Typical Persian Mosque in Iran.

I would say Taj Mahal was heavily influenced by Persian Mosques. Taj Mahal Belongs to Indians and everyone in the region, since many countries in the region have common and shared culture.Lets be friends and not fight!

Nice Persian Mosques.

Actually the architect of Taj Mahal was from Lahore (Pakistan). But yes i do agree, there is influence.

Here are a couple of Mosques in Pakistan

Wazir Khan Mosque, Lahore, Punjab

wazir-khan-mosque-lahore.jpg

mosques-51e.jpg

7076692557_a7e9c65e4f_o.jpg

wazir-khan-mosque-art.jpg

Shahi Masjid Chiniot, Punjab

tumblr_mfph67in9u1rubvv6o1_500.jpg

Mohabat Khan Mosque, Peshawar, Khyber Pakthunkhwa

MasjidMohabbetKhan1-1342614104.jpg

dfb2406a8b30211b18b74432e6430284-d5pwuwp.jpg

Shah Jahan Mosque, Thatta, Sind

IMG_1943_4_5_tonemapped_bars.jpg

306571053.jpg

a-last-few-3-of-5.jpg

We All Know Taj Mahal As Symbol Of Love But...

The Other Lesser Known Facts are:

1. Mumtaz Was Shahjahan's 4th Wife Out Of His 7 Wives
2. Shahjahan Killed Mumtaz's Husband To Marry Her !
3. Mumtaz Died In Her 14th Delivery!
4. He Then Married Mumtaz's Sister !

Question Arises Where The Hell Is The Love...

But still... Its a architecture masterpiece...
14th delivery. Shows how great his love was :P. If only the mughals had access to condoms.

It was built with 4crore rupees .. probably a few billions today... this at a time when europe had started to build universities.
The Mughals were like french monarchs, lived in luxury when the common people where hurting. too bad a french revolution did not happen here . but then the people would have been slughtered because essentially mughals were outsiders, unlike the French.
Not completely true. Jahangir was half Indian. Shah Jahan was 3/4th Indian. The next emperor would have been more tolerant than Akbar, had Aurangzeb not prevailed over Dara Shikoh(This is the reason of Aurangzeb's stature in Pakistani textbooks(apart from the other uninteresting good muslim stuff like austerity, of which I am yet to see a proof of). He killed the guy who tolerated Hindus and Sikhs).
The secret of the stability of Mughal rule is this. Local Hindu strongmen and Rajputs supported Mughals. Mughals may be french monarchs, but so were the Rajputs who were happy as long as their daughter's son was the prince. For obvious reasons, some Indians want to brand Mughals as outsiders. Of course they were, initially. Who wasn't?

Is there any authentic study to study the claim that Taj was originally a Shiva Temple? If anyone has a link please post. Not some blog or personal claims but some authentic study to verify this claim.

thanks!!

Where are the full rankings? I cannot see how this ranks higher than China's wall or the Giza Pyramids.

As if Muslims are not Indian
Pure duniya k Muslims ka theka Pakistan ne le rakha hai kya?

Ya Its not Hindu monument and never claimed to be so....But it definitely is Indian

well, its in India now to celebrate Mughal control of India. Mughal control of India falls between the Delhi Sultanate and the British control of India. Are there any architecture that celebrate Delhi Sultanate and British control of India? I like to learn more about the history of Indian subcontinent through architecture.

is taj mahal safe for women?

less so after sun sets.

Is there any authentic study to study the claim that Taj was originally a Shiva Temple? If anyone has a link please post. Not some blog or personal claims but some authentic study to verify this claim.

thanks!!

There isn't one.

Aside from a bazillion documented historical references, just look at the architecture and compare it with Persian, Central Asian, and other Mughal buildings belonging to that age - the conclusion is unmistakable. Unless of course you were to consider people like P. N. Oak, for whom Christianity was Krishna Nitty, etc....

The thing about Shiva temple is just a distraction to support a narrative of hate.

well, its in India now to celebrate Mughal control of India. Mughal control of India falls between the Delhi Sultanate and the British control of India. Are there any architecture that celebrate Delhi Sultanate and British control of India? I like to learn more about the history of Indian subcontinent through architecture.

less so after sun sets.

No. Yet again our resident grandpa who thinks he knows any about India gets it wrong. Learn something about India before you open your little mouth as usual.

Before the Mughal empire there was the Delhi Sultunate in North India and the Bahmani sultunate and Vijaynagar Empire in South India.

After the Mughal Empire, the Maratha empire was ruling most of India with many other regional kingdoms like the Sikh empire, after which the British Stepped in.

It's a little more complex than what you seem capable of understanding.

No. Yet again are resident grandpa gets it wrong. Learn something about India before you open your little mouth as usual.

Before the Mughal empire there was the Delhi Sultunate in North India and the Bahmani sultunate and Vijaynagar Empire in South India.

After the Mughal Empire, the Maratha empire was ruling most of India with many other regional kingdoms like the Sikh empire, after which the British Stepped in.

It's a little more complex than what you seem capable of understanding.

I wonder how I got it wrong? I didn't ask for Maratha empire because they are a regional empire that control portions of western Indian. They never claimed to be in control of India.

So what I'm asking is about architecture of the time of Delhi Sultanate. I believe the present day Indian parliament building is a great example of architecture during British India.

I wonder how what did I got it wrong. I didn't ask for Maratha empire because they are a regional empire that control portions of western Indian. They never claimed to be in control of India.

So what I'm asking is about architecture of the time of Delhi Sultanate. I believe the present day Indian parliament building is a great example of architecture during British India.

maratha-kingdom-map.jpg

This seems like far more than just a regional kingdom to me. As usual , little knowledge my Chinese friend. Stop showing your ignorance again and again.

And yes your statement in post #70 was incorrect which I have proved with this and my last post.

maratha-kingdom-map.jpg

This seems like far more than just a regional kingdom to me. As usual , little knowledge my Chinese friend. Stop showing your ignorance again and again.

And yes your statement in post #70 was incorrect which I have proved with this and my last post.

Just curious about that map. When did Maratha defeated and annexed the Mysore Kingdom? I thought it was the British who did so. Are Indians coming up with alternative historical maps that exists in a different dimensions we do not know about?

Though this is totally off-topic, I can not resist the urge to intervene.

1. The map shown for Maratha empire does not seem to be legitimate. Aurangzeb died in 1707. The Mughal empire had reached its apex during his reign. Only small area along the South Indian coast remained out of direct imperial control. So, the dates and the geographical extent shown on the map are wrong.

2. Marathas were essentially raiders who extracted tribute. They had little interest in establishing a sound administration without which empires can not exist. The map probably shows the greatest extent of their influence, not control. In any case one can not argue about inclusion or exclusion of such an ephemeral entity.

3. The map seems to show Mysore under Maratha influence. I greatly doubt it on account of Haider Ali and Tipu Sultan's valiant defence and expansion of kingdom (by Haider Ali). We know that the English defeated Tipu Sultan and wrested the control of kingdom of Mysore.

Back
Top Bottom