What's new

Taj Mahal ranked third among top global landmarks

I read some facts about Mumtaz Mahal on Facebook, not sure if it is true. Can someone help verify.
1) Barbar killed her husband to marry her.
2) Barber married her sister when she died.....

:omghaha: you are the same as me :omghaha:
No wonder.:)

Where have you been to? In October, I'm gonna visit Pundichary and kerala. These two places are on my priority list.

www.stuffkit.com-310.jpg

angkor-wat-city.jpg

One Persian influenced Indian monument and one Indian influenced Cambodian monument in top 3 :D

I think you wanted to post in in Stupid & funny thread but post here by mistake :omghaha:
On the topic you should replace Barber(one who cut your hair) with Shahjahan , then fact is right.
You should also read post no # 32 for more facts :P

Thanks man I am not good at history.

Where have you been to? In October, I'm gonna visit Pundichary and kerala. These two places are on my priority list.

Barring the north east i have been to ever state in India. was born in command hospital in Delhi , then traveled all over as dad was an officer in the army . north to south east to west i have traveled almost all the places worth seeing. now i am 37 , married with 2 kids and overseeing another 2 . trying my best not to **** off my wife of 6 yrs ,:D in fact my niece is just 2 yrs younger than you.
but travel is the ultimate aphrodisiac , after food that is. :) there is no comparison between food and any thing else. :)

PS: was in pondy last year with @joekrish , another member of this forum . one of the greatest guys you will ever meet. and i love Kerala. the food and the people .

Last edited by a moderator:
Barring the north east i have been to ever state in India. was born in c ommand hospital in Delhi , then traveled all over as dad was an officer in the army . north to south east to west i have traveled almost all the places worth seeing. now i am 37 , married with 2 kids and overseeing another 2 . trying my best not to **** off my wife of 6 yrs ,:D in fact my niece is just 2 yrs younger than you.
but travel is the ultimate aphrodisiac , after food that is. :) there is no comparison between food and any thing else. :)

PS: was in pondy last year with @joekrish , another member of this forum . one of the greatest guys you will ever meet. and i love Kerala. the food and the people .

Wooh benefit of Army back ground! You should explore north east too. It's amazing. Have been to manipur and shillong. Both the places are worth to visit. India is full of travelling destinations. :pop:

I follow joekrish posts too. Once I'm back on PDF, will seek his help in planning my journey.

Both Angkor Wat and Taj Mahal have similar architecture. Watch this video Even if we ignore the unsubstantiated claim of Tajmahal being converted temple, still the similarities are very obvious.

v=5lRqPBhjNJY

Typical Persian Mosque in Iran.

I would say Taj Mahal was heavily influenced by Persian Mosques. Taj Mahal Belongs to Indians and everyone in the region, since many countries in the region have common and shared culture.Lets be friends and not fight!

We All Know Taj Mahal As Symbol Of Love But...

The Other Lesser Known Facts are:

1. Mumtaz Was Shahjahan's 4th Wife Out Of His 7 Wives
2. Shahjahan Killed Mumtaz's Husband To Marry Her !
3. Mumtaz Died In Her 14th Delivery!
4. He Then Married Mumtaz's Sister !

Question Arises Where The Hell Is The Love...

But still... Its a architecture masterpiece...

Some of these are incorrect. Do you not read your history people?

Arjumand Bano (Mumtaz Mahal) was neice of Nur Jahan, whose brother Asif Khan (Mumtaz Mahal's father) supported Shah Jahan's bid for power. Being his father-in-law and a high official in the Mughal Empire Asif Khan became a key minister after Shah Jahan's ascension to the Empirical throne. Mumtaz Mahal's only marriage was with Shah Jahan, since she was engaged to him at the age of 14, and they were married when she was 19. During this long engagement, Shah Jahan took another wife, so Mumatz was second wife. Shah Jahan married twice again. The number of his wives was thus four. As to his marrying her sister, well from the quality of these assertions, we can discount that as well. The only point that is historically correct is that she died from post-delivery complications at the birth of their 14th child.

When quoting what seems historic references, better be careful. One could, unwittingly, be propagating a pack of colorful lies that suit a particular POV.

It was built with 4crore rupees .. probably a few billions today... this at a time when europe had started to build universities.
The Mughals were like french monarchs, lived in luxury when the common people where hurting. too bad a french revolution did not happen here . but then the people would have been slughtered because essentially mughals were outsiders, unlike the French.

After marrying local pricesses and making India their home for generations, how were Mughals outsiders? The stability provided by Mughals ensured that the country progressed and people prospered, barring a famine now and then (particularly in Gujrat). They were not perfect, but you are reading your biases into Mughal history. What a shame. You have a problem because of your bias.

Both Angkor Wat and Taj Mahal have similar architecture. Watch this video Even if we ignore the unsubstantiated claim of Tajmahal being converted temple, still the similarities are very obvious.

What do you mean "even if we ignore the unsubstantiated claim of Tajmahal being converted temple"? Are you out of your mind? The first time I heard this ludicrous claim was in 94 on soc.culture.pakistan (The grand daddy of All Pakistan related forums). The guy who made this claim was bold and unapologetic Hindutva rascal who liked to troll that forum. His view was that Muslims never did anything positive and it was essential for him to discount any accomplishment that did not accrue to Hindus. How else can one create a basis for a narrative of hate and excuses for inhuman policies?

If someone can not see the Persian, Turkish influence in Taj Mahal, then really their bigotry makes them blind.

i personally found taj quite boring.......The Dubai Mall should be at the third place....... :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom