What's new

Syria's oppressors will not survive: Turkey

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Syria's oppressors will not survive: Turkey

Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdoğan stated on Friday that the autocratic regime in Syria will collapse just like those in Egypt, Tunisia and Libya.

“I was in Tunisia yesterday; I greeted people who carried out the Jasmine Revolution. Two days before that, I was in Egypt and I greeted people who have initiated the Arab Spring. Today, I am with you,” Erdoğan said, addressing an enthusiastic crowd on Martyrs' Square, which was renamed from the Gaddafi-era Green Square.

When the crowd chanted slogans against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, Erdoğan said: “Those who repress their own people in Syria will not survive. The time of autocracies is over. Totalitarian regimes are disappearing. The rule of the people is coming.”

Erdoğan was addressing the Libyan people following talks with Libya's National Transitional Council (NTC) Chairman Mustafa Abdel Jalil and NTC Deputy Chairman Mahmoud Jibril. In his speech, he wished the NTC leaders success. Another message to the Libyan people by Erdoğan was a call for unity as a nation for the sake of the future of their country.

“Do not give credit to those who have plans for Libya's resources. Libya belongs to Libyans and it should remain so. God bless all of you,” Erdoğan said. Following his talks in Tripoli, Erdoğan was expected to also visit Benghazi, the cradle of the revolution that overthrew Muammar Gaddafi, before returning to Turkey on late Friday. Libya was the last leg of a three-nation tour by Erdoğan which earlier this week took him to Egypt first and then to Tunisia.

Turkish Deputy Premier Bekir Bozdağ, Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu, Transportation Minister Binali Yıldırım, Energy and Natural Resources Minister Taner Yıldız, Economy Minister Zafer Cağlayan and Defense Minister İsmet Yılmaz accompanied Erdoğan on the tour. Erdoğan hopes to reap political and economic dividends from Libya’s new rulers for his country’s help in their struggle to end Muammar Gaddafi’s 42-year grip on power.

Syria's oppressors will not survive, Erdo

Lol so turkey wont survive?

assad is no match for us, beside. we will not attack Syria, unless they attack us!

i want to refresh your memory back to the start of the century when Turkey threatened Syria with war and that little assad went on a little corner afraid of us and agreed.

what do you mean ?

It means your oppressing syria..well your trying to anyway

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Turkey has more influence than Iran will ever have, that is the Geo-political reality. It would be better than Iranians press their case in Bahrain and withdraw the support to the goon in Damascus.

How does turkey have more influence?

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Right now, if you visit any of the arab countries Egypt, Tunisia, Lebanon etc. They look up to Turkey. Except for the british no other European country can fight a (conventional)war with Turkey and win. I cannot make same statement about Iran. May be you should learn more about other countries, yes the country in which we are born are great and all that. But have an open mind, that is the difference between the wise and unwise.

turkey seemed reluctant to get involved with nato in libya cant see them doing anything drastic with syria and I would say thats the right thing to do

We dont opressing syria. Current syrian government does not represent syrian people. They are not elected. They are in charge because they are killing syrian people who demands democracy and freedom.

Syrian government shells civillian population in cities from warships ffs. How can Tukey support Syrian government.

They have limited time. All world knows this. Sooner or later fascist essad regime will fall.

Syrian opposition refused invitation of peace dialogues offered by President Bashar Al-Assad’s administration and Russian also come with full interest in order to normalize situation. Turkey should not change mode of thinking as western politicians are showing these days.

Delegation of Russian MPs to visit Syria to assess situation | World | RIA Novosti

what dialogues are they talking about ? There is no election in syria. Let people chose their leader then if esad elected everybody will respect him. But i dont think so.

Back
Top Bottom