What's new

Su-30MKI & JF-17 Air Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
In conclusion. Su-30MKI will be shot down by the JF-17 and JF-17 will be shot down by the Su-30MKI depending on the fighter pilots ability.

Not at all, in a one on one fight, a JF-17 would be mad to go head to head with a Su-30MKI, either in Neutral territory, let alone in Indian skies. Stop glorifying a plane like that. In a defensive role, with the ground network facouring the JF-17 and when in numbers, it can seriously dent any oncomming force of any plane.

JF-17 will be bombed to hell before SU-30 even shows up on its radar...
J-10/F-16 might stand a chance against it...

JF-17 will be bombed to hell before SU-30 even shows up on its radar...
J-10/F-16 might stand a chance against it...

Go figure out the meaning of bombed.

Not at all, in a one on one fight, a JF-17 would be mad to go head to head with a Su-30MKI, either in Neutral territory, let alone in Indian skies. Stop glorifying a plane like that. In a defensive role, with the ground network facouring the JF-17 and when in numbers, it can seriously dent any oncomming force of any plane.

Tell me why a light weight agile JF-17(backed by AWACs) cannot match against a heavy and highly unstealthy MKI in neutral territory??:hitwall:

Tell me why a light weight agile JF-17(backed by AWACs) cannot match against a heavy and highly unstealthy MKI in neutral territory??:hitwall:

Weight yes, agile i doubt? Anyways i dont think neither is as important as the avionics and armaments the plane carries or cany carry.

What makes you think that the MKI, or any other Indian plane for that matter wont be backed by AWACS. And AWACS only do as much as give you the awareness. It doesnt lock onto the target for you.

Not to mention a heavy plane carrier more armaments, more payload, more avionics, bigger ECM/ECCM pods, etc, etc.

In neutral territory, this discussion is a nonissue. In pakistani territory, it makes some sense.

What makes you think that the MKI, or any other Indian plane for that matter wont be backed by AWACS. And AWACS only do as much as give you the awareness. It doesnt lock onto the target for you.

Not to mention a heavy plane carrier more armaments, more payload, more avionics, bigger ECM/ECCM pods, etc, etc.

In neutral territory, this discussion is a nonissue. In pakistani territory, it makes some sense.

I think you forgot that it take only one AAM to blow the whole plane. if both of them were backed by AWACS then where is the radar advantage of MKI over thunder remains??
also, In order to take sure shot, both palnes should come at the distance of about 50-60km Instead of firing missile from its full range.

Anyways i dont think neither is as important as the avionics and armaments the plane carries or cany carry.

you are overestimating the MKI. I agree that JF-17 have inferior radar than MKI but it will carry SD-10 BVR AAM(Range: At least 70 Km) with KL-J7 Radar(The detection range for a typical air target of RC 3 m² is 125+ km; looking downrange is 45+ km; range for sea target is 250+ km). its enough to give a tough time :guns:

you are overestimating the MKI. I agree that JF-17 have inferior radar than MKI but it will carry SD-10 BVR AAM(Range: At least 70 Km) with KL-J7 Radar(The detection range for a typical air target of RC 3 m² is 125+ km; looking downrange is 45+ km; range for sea target is 250+ km). its enough to give a tough time :guns:

Im not overestimating MKI or underestimating JF-17. Im just not ready to glorify JF-17. With all these radars you yourself state that 'it can give a tough time'..it just can give a tough time or has a outside chance.

I think you forgot that it take only one AAM to blow the whole plane. if both of them were backed by AWACS then where is the radar advantage of MKI over thunder remains??
The advantage remains that the plane cannot guide its missile through the AWACS. The plane must guide the missile using its own radar. And MKI's radar needs no introduction.

Not to mention within 3 years time, the new radar Irbis will be installed at the very least. There are also talks of putting in Elta 2052 AESA radars. I dont need to tell you of both these radar's capabilities.

Go read up on Irbis's detection and tracking ranges. It puts many AWACS to shame.

also, In order to take sure shot, both palnes should come at the distance of about 50-60km Instead of firing missile from its full range.
That depends on the 'no escape envelope' of the missile in use.

Yes, in its home environment, it will definitely give a very very tough time to the MKI. But on neutral territory, it will have an outside chance.

Aslam O Alikum
hi friends, how are you.Dear coz stop your comminte on Jf 17 thunder jet fighter.
Dear if you want to knew Jf 17 who capble in againt indian su 29 and su 30 mk1.then Plz see that video.

that is a sweeet animation:victory: ... if I was to confront two SU-30s I would launch at least 5 JF-17s just to stand a chance....
i'm not a huge fan of JF-17.. but I think its a decent step forward for PAF to develop its own fighters.

What you need to take out a MKI is an AWAC and a killer missile to assist the JF17.

AWACs are being dealt with so for a missile with decent BVR capability and the abilty to totally destroy a MKI would be the joint European missile Meteor featuring a ramjet giving it a speed of Mach 4+.

I'd like to see a MKI or for that matter any aircraft deal with such a missile.

As for Pakistan getting such a missile is a different issue.

Air Warfare is never 1 versus 1, it is just fanboy-ism to think jf17 can take on MKI or MKI can take on jf17 for that matter, hundreds of things determines air combat but ofcourse MKI was far advanced technologically to exploit the airspace better than jf17 which can only be concluded.

i agree the jf-17 is no match for the jf-17, the sukois that india have are described by western Analysts as one of the most technologically advanced fighter planes in the world today, its definitely at the top along with eurofighter

Aslam O Alikum
hi friends, how are you.Dear coz stop your comminte on Jf 17 thunder jet fighter.
Dear if you want to knew Jf 17 who capble in againt indian su 29 and su 30 mk1.then Plz see that video.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=567240139778117126&pr=goog-sl

hello brother. the facts speak for themself, im a pakistani id like to that the jf-17 is as good as the indian sukoi but its not, just look at its specs,

and as for the video i just have to say this, anyone can make a video and make any plane he wants better then the opposiotion - what do i mean? well for example if i made an animation of f-22 raptor V mirage III and the mirage beat the f-22 raptor it dosent mean it will in real life. see what i mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom