What's new

Su-30MKI & JF-17 Air Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point something that is full speculation or wishlist? Your a ******* **** ***.

It is no dream list or speculation. It is a word from Tanveer Mehmood, ACM of Pakistan Air Force.

Malay is calling JF-17 a point defence fighter, which in terms of PAF (who has kicked IAF behind in all wars) can be used as an offensive fighter with different configurations.
Any plane can be used as an offensive fighter with different configurations. Whats so different about JF-17?

Our MiG 21's can be used as an offensive fighter in Pakistani Airspace.
When i say a point defence fighter, i mean that it does not have the adequate radar, it does not have adequate payload, it does not have the adequate airframe(read the need for composites) to penetrate a highly defended or guarded airspace(read India).

Having range does not mean that it can or will be used in offensive roles.
J-10 may be used in Chinese Air Force as a low combination of Su-30MKK (I still have to see the link) but it will be used as an offensive aircraft with better configuration than the Su-30MKI in PAF.

In what terms? It is plain bullshit. The PAF J-10 will be better than anything China have or may be India (It is all dependent on which avionics package is picked).

The Su-30MKI will have the Irbis PESA radar at the VERY LEAST. I hope for PAF's sake that Elta 2052 radars are not bought. EW suites JV'ed with Israel, etc, etc, etc. You are aware of both their capabilities. You dont need me to elaborate.

Dont give me the "whatever we have will be better than yours" statement.

How do you know that JF-17 is not able to match thurst vectoring of Mig-29? JF-17 is a single engine aircraft, more light weight, and has improved RD-93 engine initially and will have way better Chinese engine later on if needed, but RD-93 with close eyes is meeting the requirements of the air force.

Thats because JF-17 is not a god sent aircraft.

Light weight? In terms of what? It doesnt even use composites. Its a metal airframe. Its light weight(relatively) just because it uses one engine.

TVC is a technology. With out imlementing TVC, JF-17 cannot even DREAM to match the monouverability of a Su-30MKI, let alone a MiG 35.

JF-17 will have this in the future, will have that in the future, etc, etc. What it does have now is what is important. Chinese engine incidentally right now is under development. Whether its way better or way worse is not upto you.

Says who? ACM has said that JF-17 needs French/US origin missiles which Pakistan is looking for. Now should anyone listen to malay or ACM of PAF? :blah:
You listen to whatever you feel like.

And please, do tell me, it would be indeed a grand day when a US missile would be fitted on JF-17. This is precicely what is called 'wishful thinking'.

It would be Chinese missiles, and French missiles at max, and even that is yet to see.

All i see for comparison is b/w what JF-17 WILL have to what there is now.

Now there you go.. i wasted 10 minutes to educate a **** ***! :disagree:
Do remind me, what is the purpose of this forum?

Any plane can be used as an offensive fighter with different configurations. Whats so different about JF-17?

The point was to classify it as an offensive fighter not just a fighter with defensive role.

Our MiG 21's can be used as an offensive fighter in Pakistani Airspace.
When i say a point defence fighter, i mean that it does not have the adequate radar, it does not have adequate payload, it does not have the adequate airframe(read the need for composites) to penetrate a highly defended or guarded airspace(read India).

Are you saying that APG-69 radar equivalent is not adequate? or AESA radar for the future batch is not adequate? Payload is 3,800 kg with 7 hardpoints, quite adequate to perform a given mission which can include multiple sidewinder and air to ground weapons dependent on the mission. What is wrong with the air frame? The air frame is same as what is used in dozens of other fighters. There is no need to put crappy composites which in a result make a plane rejected by an air force.

(Need the link for composites needing in JF-17. I dont think PAF would like it with composites.)

Having range does not mean that it can or will be used in offensive roles.

True, however it is ONE of the things which support the role of an offensive aircraft. Are you still suggesting that the aircraft cannot be used in an offensive role? :woot:

The Su-30MKI will have the Irbis PESA radar at the VERY LEAST. I hope for PAF's sake that Elta 2052 radars are not bought. EW suites JV'ed with Israel, etc, etc, etc. You are aware of both their capabilities. You dont need me to elaborate.

Dont give me the "whatever we have will be better than yours" statement.

Nobody is underestimating Su-30MKI, but somebody is underestimating JF-17. During the comparison "it will have" will always be used since the aircraft is fairly new and is already being evaluated and customized compare to an already many years old Su-30 aircraft.

Thats because JF-17 is not a god sent aircraft.

Light weight? In terms of what? It doesnt even use composites. Its a metal airframe. Its light weight(relatively) just because it uses one engine.

TVC is a technology. With out imlementing TVC, JF-17 cannot even DREAM to match the monouverability of a Su-30MKI, let alone a MiG 35.

No aircraft is a god sent aircraft, hence it can be shot down regardless of already damage it can give. The aircraft is doing fine without the composites and is still a light weight aircraft. We dont want to further delay the project like LCA.

As far as TVC is concerned. Neither F-16, F-18, or majority of aircrafts doesn't have TVC but still they are capable of engaging and shooting down any aircraft.

JF-17 will have this in the future, will have that in the future, etc, etc. What it does have now is what is important. Chinese engine incidentally right now is under development. Whether its way better or way worse is not upto you.

Your wishes for not being better doesn't make worst either. Like i have mentioned above. Dont expect JF-17 to be already developed. It is still in the initial stage and not an already developed plane like Su-30.

You listen to whatever you feel like.

And please, do tell me, it would be indeed a grand day when a US missile would be fitted on JF-17. This is precicely what is called 'wishful thinking'.

It would be Chinese missiles, and French missiles at max, and even that is yet to see.

Of course. You can listen to yourself who has never flew a plane or Air Cheif Marshal who has full command of an air force. :woot: Grand Day! Aint it! RD-93 was a grand day too wasn't it! :woot:

I dont understand why are you refuting your claim that United States missiles will not be equipped on JF-17? I just simply dont understand the source with which your trying to support the argument. When we can have an engine of your most trusted ally in your most rivaling enemy's plane. I dont see who is going to stop us in buying missiles from our ally, United States.

For you it may be a bad thinking, but no one should actually call a wishful thinking since it is coming straight from the authority of the Pakistan Air Force and not from some kiddo on the Internet.

We have variety of options. French, Chinese, American, South African. Only the best will be equipped in it with looking at the cost efficiency.

All the Chinese planes with Pakistani configuration in the Pakistan inventory are equipped with American weapons, and i dont see why we cant equip it in our own plane. :hitwall:

All i see for comparison is b/w what JF-17 WILL have to what there is now.

Do remind me, what is the purpose of this forum?

The purpose is not the make another shitty forum and being realistic and accepting what needs to be accepted. :cheers:

The point was to classify it as an offensive fighter not just a fighter with defensive role.
Offensve fighters are the high end of any airforce. Unless the airfleet is short of planes at the moment or in the area, defensive fighters are not sent over for strike.

Are you saying that APG-69 radar equivalent is not adequate? or AESA radar for the future batch is not adequate? Payload is 3,800 kg with 7 hardpoints, quite adequate to perform a given mission which can include multiple sidewinder and air to ground weapons dependent on the mission.
WHO has said that the KLJ-7 is an equivalnt to the APG 69?
Correct me if i am wrong here..but doesnt the KLF-7 track 10 while engage 2?
And whether or not it will have AESA is a decision that is going to be taken a LLONG time later. JF-17 is not even inducted in more than token numbers, an upgrade, a massive one if an AESA were to be put in, is a LONG way off.

The payload is not enough is you were to attack say India. Planes like J-10 or the Su-30 series are made for that purpose. If and when the PAF do decide to strike India, they would use nothing short of their F-16's and J-10, if they have that.

It might look to you that 3800kg is sufficient to perform strike tasks, but its not, heavy payload planes are essential for that task in a highly guarded environment, where there would be need to take out the defences at the border itself before progressing to strike missions in the near interior.

Like i said, even MiG 21's can be used as an offensive plane, but what matters is what the plane was designed for.
What is wrong with the air frame? The air frame is same as what is used in dozens of other fighters. There is no need to put crappy composites which in a result make a plane rejected by an air force.
(Need the link for composites needing in JF-17. I dont think PAF would like it with composites.)

Crappy composites? Are u joking with me? PAF would not LIKE composites in their planes?? They would KILL TO HAVE IT AT ANY COST. I dont need to enlighten you on the need for composites if you make such childish comments. Composites are essential in any new plane.

This is a plain attitude of denial, or that since JF-17 does not have it, then surely PAF does not WANT them!

True, however it is ONE of the things which support the role of an offensive aircraft. Are you still suggesting that the aircraft cannot be used in an offensive role? :woot:
I already said, even MiG 21's can be used in an offensive role. But they would not be effective. JF-17's wont be even nearly as effective as F-16's, J-10s, etc in an offensive role. That is WHY PAF wants to get J-10's also in a small number.

JF-17 are just for defence. Which is a very good decision of the commanders. It is to overwhelm the attacking force with numbers. Its an excellent and cheap platform for that purpose, and the commanders need to be lauded for that choice. However, for an attacking role, JF-17 would be the worst mistake.

Nobody is underestimating Su-30MKI, but somebody is underestimating JF-17. During the comparison "it will have" will always be used since the aircraft is fairly new and is already being evaluated and customized compare to an already many years old Su-30 aircraft.
The Su-30 in IAF will also undergo upgradation, have newer things installed as technology progresses.

No aircraft is a god sent aircraft, hence it can be shot down regardless of already damage it can give. The aircraft is doing fine without the composites and is still a light weight aircraft. We dont want to further delay the project like LCA.
It is doing fine without composites, hell it can do fine without loads of other things, so why install them. Composites, etc are there for many reasons, but using them makes the plane more expensive.. Its a light weight a/c cuz its single engined, and for a single engined plane of such specifications, it has trremendous scope for imprvoment, that is it could do with SOME composites atleast. Composites also reduce RCS quite a bit incidentally. It is one of the hallmarks of stealth, using composites that is.

As far as TVC is concerned. Neither F-16, F-18, or majority of aircrafts doesn't have TVC but still they are capable of engaging and shooting down any aircraft.
Yeah, but they dont and cant match have the monouverability of other planes like Su-30 or MiG 35 that was being talked about. And thus such planes(Su-30MKI/MiG 35) have that particular advantage against their enemy.
You said JF-17 can be more manouverable than the MiG 35. Now that is not possible, unless god made the JF-17 himself.
Why do you think that hte F-22 has 2-D TVC then?

Your wishes for not being better doesn't make worst either. Like i have mentioned above. Dont expect JF-17 to be already developed. It is still in the initial stage and not an already developed plane like Su-30.
It has developed enough to have its specificatiions frozen for the first batch, and those specs will remain frozen for a LONG time.

Of course. You can listen to yourself who has never flew a plane or Air Cheif Marshal who has full command of an air force. :woot: Grand Day! Aint it! RD-93 was a grand day too wasn't it! :woot:

I dont understand why are you refuting your claim that United States missiles will not be equipped on JF-17? I just simply dont understand the source with which your trying to support the argument. When we can have an engine of your most trusted ally in your most rivaling enemy's plane. I dont see who is going to stop us in buying missiles from our ally, United States.
I doubt the Russians would be selling you attacking or offensive equipment in a hurry.
Didnt know the US was your 'ally', wonder why they offer India more advanced equipment then?

For you it may be a bad thinking, but no one should actually call a wishful thinking since it is coming straight from the authority of the Pakistan Air Force and not from some kiddo on the Internet.

We have variety of options. French, Chinese, American, South African. Only the best will be equipped in it with looking at the cost efficiency.
Please do tell me when the US missiles are integrated with the JF-17.

The purpose is not the make another shitty forum and being realistic and accepting what needs to be accepted. :cheers:
Oh, i thought it was not for people to accept some others statement blindly, but actually debate on it.

You need to remember that Israel has using Aim-120 for ages.Plus Jordon has recieved Aim-120 as well. Hence there is every possibility that Israel already has a ECM for Aim-120. I would say IAF has already asked the ECM for Aim-120.

Beside Pakistan isn't recieving the latest version anyway.
Just observe there has no noise from IAF regarding Aim-120 induction other than the usual "will increase combact capability stuff". Ever wondered why?

It helps to have allies in the right place ;)

That is not true. IDFAF does not even have all of its aircraft converted to AIM-120 as of yet. They were hoping to use Rafael Darby in large numbers but have scaled down that order and gone for additional AIM-120s.

IAF asking for ECM and getting it is a laughable matter. ECM codes are not so easy to decipher and Raytheon is not stupid to let these secrets out because India happens to be friends with Israel. Lets get some corporate smarts in your head before proposing such things.

Pakistan is receiving the latest version in use by the NATO AFs and the one which is in operational status with the USAF. AIM-120C7 and D are the only ones which are not available as of yet.

IAF can't say anything about the sale of AIM-120 to the PAF since they have no say in the matter. Let me just end my post by stating that there is not one pilot in your IAF who would like to have an AIM-120C5 on his ***...on this I am willing to put my money on so lets not discount the C5 so easily...after all its not you who is going to be sitting in the cockpit and facing a PAF aircraft armed with these BVRAAMs. :rolleyes:

That is not true. IDFAF does not even have all of its aircraft converted to AIM-120 as of yet. They were hoping to use Rafael Darby in large numbers but have scaled down that order and gone for additional AIM-120s.

IAF asking for ECM and getting it is a laughable matter. ECM codes are not so easy to decipher and Raytheon is not stupid to let these secrets out because India happens to be friends with Israel. Lets get some corporate smarts in your head before proposing such things.

Pakistan is receiving the latest version in use by the NATO AFs and the one which is in operational status with the USAF. AIM-120C7 and D are the only ones which are not available as of yet.

IAF can't say anything about the sale of AIM-120 to the PAF since they have no say in the matter. Let me just end my post by stating that there is not one pilot in your IAF who would like to have an AIM-120C5 on his ***...on this I am willing to put my money on so lets not discount the C5 so easily...after all its not you who is going to be sitting in the cockpit and facing a PAF aircraft armed with these BVRAAMs. :rolleyes:

Derby also has input from Raytheon in it's development. It is nothing but a Aim-120 customized by Israel. They would go additional Aim-120 as the production of Derby will not be able to keep the demand for a while.
You would agree with me that Israel is always in a fight.

I would not say Raytheon would part with destruction code for Aim-120.But then when I say Jordan is receiving Aim-120,it means Israel would already started working/worked out a ECM for Aim-120. As far as corporate IP is concerned,in strategic relation there is not substitute for money. I pay enough money,I get the IP simple as that if both side agree.
French provide the Brits deflection code for Excoert ASHM in Flakands,Lavi stock and barrel to China etc etc...
And yes as you said IAF would not want a Aim-120 on it's a**.This precisely is the reason they will twist the world upside down to get a CM for it. The budget for India's EW programs rival that it spends on it's ballistic missile programs.
The threat from PAF is not it's F-16 or JF-17.It is Aim-120. You can imagine the height IAF would go to get CM with such a budget.

Offensve fighters are the high end of any airforce. Unless the airfleet is short of planes at the moment or in the area, defensive fighters are not sent over for strike.

Though!

WHO has said that the KLJ-7 is an equivalnt to the APG 69?

Air Cheif Marshal

Correct me if i am wrong here..but doesnt the KLF-7 track 10 while engage 2?

Have no idea!

And whether or not it will have AESA is a decision that is going to be taken a LLONG time later. JF-17 is not even inducted in more than token numbers, an upgrade, a massive one if an AESA were to be put in, is a LONG way off.

Hehehe. Stop capitalizing words to show your emotions. It only hurts. :enjoy:

Due to the signature now days the fighters provide, it is essential for the PAF to have an AESA radar, but of course here we are talking about wide range of configurations in the JF-17.

The payload is not enough is you were to attack say India. Planes like J-10 or the Su-30 series are made for that purpose. If and when the PAF do decide to strike India, they would use nothing short of their F-16's and J-10, if they have that.

There is something called deeeeeep strike and normal strike role. Nobody is suggesting to go into the bangladesh in the first weeks or so. :smokin:

It might look to you that 3800kg is sufficient to perform strike tasks, but its not, heavy payload planes are essential for that task in a highly guarded environment, where there would be need to take out the defences at the border itself before progressing to strike missions in the near interior.

Actually, with the Pakistan Army doctrine. Supposedly, there will be no Indian air defence at the border.

Also 3800kg is not enough to bombard 2-3 bases i agree, but we are sticking with 1 for now, but i do agree that proper measures should be taken to increase the payload.

Like i said, even MiG 21's can be used as an offensive plane, but what matters is what the plane was designed for.

Though!

Crappy composites? Are u joking with me? PAF would not LIKE composites in their planes?? They would KILL TO HAVE IT AT ANY COST. I dont need to enlighten you on the need for composites if you make such childish comments. Composites are essential in any new plane.

This is a plain attitude of denial, or that since JF-17 does not have it, then surely PAF does not WANT them!

Actually it is not in PAF interest to cope with planes like Su-30, Mig-29, Mirage-2000 with a plane made up of composites. It will be like paper vs scissors.

I already said, even MiG 21's can be used in an offensive role. But they would not be effective. JF-17's wont be even nearly as effective as F-16's, J-10s, etc in an offensive role. That is WHY PAF wants to get J-10's also in a small number.

They will not be effective as F-16s and J-10s, of course but they can be used for ground attack. F-16s and J-10s will play main bombardment roles i agree, but denying that JF-17 will not be used in ground attack missions is simply RETARDED.

JF-17 are just for defence. Which is a very good decision of the commanders. It is to overwhelm the attacking force with numbers. Its an excellent and cheap platform for that purpose, and the commanders need to be lauded for that choice. However, for an attacking role, JF-17 would be the worst mistake.

Actually F-86 Sabre with only 2000 payload destroyed major bases of the IAF. Hello!!!

http://www.globalaircraft.org/planes/f-86_sabre.pl

The point again is proven. JF-17 can be used for strike roles if it wants to be, and there is a reason why it is a Multirole Aircraft, but of course it will not be able to carry enough payload to bomb extra extra. ;)

Lets not kid ourselves with patriotism, shall we. :azn:

The Su-30 in IAF will also undergo upgradation, have newer things installed as technology progresses.

Good for you.

It is doing fine without composites, hell it can do fine without loads of other things, so why install them. Composites, etc are there for many reasons, but using them makes the plane more expensive.. Its a light weight a/c cuz its single engined, and for a single engined plane of such specifications, it has trremendous scope for imprvoment, that is it could do with SOME composites atleast. Composites also reduce RCS quite a bit incidentally. It is one of the hallmarks of stealth, using composites that is.

Good luck with composites mate. I believe 1 shot of machine guns will tear LCA apart.

Yeah, but they dont and cant match have the monouverability of other planes like Su-30 or MiG 35 that was being talked about. And thus such planes(Su-30MKI/MiG 35) have that particular advantage against their enemy.
You said JF-17 can be more manouverable than the MiG 35. Now that is not possible, unless god made the JF-17 himself.
Why do you think that hte F-22 has 2-D TVC then?

Twin engine mate. Twin engine. Its for twin engine aircrafts who cannot match the maneuverability of fighters like F-16, JF-17, and JSF.

It has developed enough to have its specificatiions frozen for the first batch, and those specs will remain frozen for a LONG time.

How much time? 40 years more?

I doubt the Russians would be selling you attacking or offensive equipment in a hurry.
Didnt know the US was your 'ally', wonder why they offer India more advanced equipment then?

Lets not go off topic. Tit for tat can be done easily. The point has been proven that JF-17 can be equipped with western missiles.

Please do tell me when the US missiles are integrated with the JF-17.

That will be upto PAF.

Oh, i thought it was not for people to accept some others statement blindly, but actually debate on it.

I will accept a word from our Air Cheif Marshal any day, any night. There is no need to debate on it and going around in circles. It doesn't fit my mentality.

sorry for going off topic, but I like the fact that it's basically accepted that the LCA can't do **** against the JF-17 since it's JF-17 vs su-30 mki.

sorry for going off topic, but I like the fact that it's basically accepted that the LCA can't do **** against the JF-17 since it's JF-17 vs su-30 mki.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but LCA is a capable aircraft.

It can deter against JF-17 if it ever makes into IAF.

but is LCA going to be exported? because ppl are showing interest in JF-17 but brush of LCA. I met an iranian **** involved in this business, and he was praising JF-17 and talking **** of LCA

but is LCA going to be exported? because ppl are showing interest in JF-17 but brush of LCA. I met an iranian ambassador involved in this business, and he was praising JF-17 and talking **** of LCA

Really.
How did this "Iranian Ambassador" come near JF-17 and LCA that he know so much about it?

Let these aircraft first get inducted in their respective countries,then we can talk about exports.

There is substantial interest international interest in the JF-17 whereas the LCA... well it won't be leaving India for a while.

In conclusion. Su-30MKI will be shot down by the JF-17 and JF-17 will be shot down by the Su-30MKI depending on the fighter pilots ability.

Due to the signature now days the fighters provide, it is essential for the PAF to have an AESA radar, but of course here we are talking about wide range of configurations in the JF-17.

Yes, but that still does not negate the fact that JF-17 wont be getting AESA radars any time soon.

There is something called deeeeeep strike and normal strike role. Nobody is suggesting to go into the bangladesh in the first weeks or so. :smokin:
Ofcourse JF-17 CAN be used for a strike role just near the borders. But it cant go more than that. For after that you need planes like the F-16 and the J-10.

QUOTE]Actually, with the Pakistan Army doctrine. Supposedly, there will be no Indian air defence at the border. [/QUOTE]
How do you propose that, the IAF has many many more planes than the PAF. And IAF's doctrine proposes close air support to the Army.
Technologically, IAF is ahead atm as well.

Also 3800kg is not enough to bombard 2-3 bases i agree, but we are sticking with 1 for now, but i do agree that proper measures should be taken to increase the payload.
Again, this is a make do arrangement. Like i said, JF-17 can be used for strike. Though that is not its intended purpose. Its an air defence fighter.

Actually it is not in PAF interest to cope with planes like Su-30, Mig-29, Mirage-2000 with a plane made up of composites. It will be like paper vs scissors.
Webby i dont think your really getting what composites mean here. Your statements like the plane will 'tear' eeasily as its made of composites, etc are plain nonsensical. Composites make any new plane now. The fact that JF-17 uses no composites at all is a serious drawback. It affects, stealth, payload, manufacturing, repair, etc, etc, etc, etc. The list is endless.
Understand that a plane which has no composites has a major problem.

Actually F-86 Sabre with only 2000 payload destroyed major bases of the IAF. Hello!!!

http://www.globalaircraft.org/planes/f-86_sabre.pl

The point again is proven. JF-17 can be used for strike roles if it wants to be, and there is a reason why it is a Multirole Aircraft, but of course it will not be able to carry enough payload to bomb extra extra. ;)
I do believe that IAF bases will have more protection since those days.

Good luck with composites mate. I believe 1 shot of machine guns will tear LCA apart.
Like i said, read up on composites . Your just not getting it. This is no macho thing that the plane is made up of metal alloys so it will be sturdy, strong etc, etc. Composites make the plane even stronger, if the material science of the country that made it is as developed.

Twin engine mate. Twin engine. Its for twin engine aircrafts who cannot match the maneuverability of fighters like F-16, JF-17, and JSF.
Are you seriously sugegsting that planes like JF-17 or F-16 can match the manouverability of TVC equipped planes and 3-D TVC at that! Webby, if you want, we can take this to keypub, you will be laughed at for such a statment.

How much time? 40 years more?
I dont know, the next upgrade for the Jf-17 wont be any time before one decade atleast.

Lets not go off topic. Tit for tat can be done easily. The point has been proven that JF-17 can be equipped with western missiles.
If you believe that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom