What's new

Featured SSK Agosta 90B Class Attack Submarine Information Pool

Do you think PN was right when they wanted Upholder class? And Pakistan Gov't went for 90Bs instead.

Does Upholder have AIP or option to have it??

Which one overall better for Pakistan?

Edit:

What MLU can be given to 90Bs?? What new features can added as per current threats?

i think the a90b is still a good option.

i would prefer it to the upholder class. firstly its not an aip propelled as compared to the a90b this makes is more stealthier. true as @Penguin said the upholder is bigger [by about 350 tonne] and its beam and drought is bigger by about 3 foot. it does not mean that the upholder class has a greater range. the upholder has a range of 8000km whilst the a90b is in excess of that approximately 12000-14000km vastly due to the mesma aip and the efficiency of its batteries.

also its not plagued by problem after problem, to the canadian navy its know as a dock queen, and i dont think pakistan wants that. and theres 4 subs not 5 or 6.

so what would it be 4 rubbish subs or 3 good ones?

Last edited:
How long Aguota can remain under water.

Parameters --------------------- Agosta 90B
Dimensions
Overall length ------------------ 76 metres
Overall width ------------------- 6.8 metres
Overall height ------------------ 5.4 metres
Displacement
Surfaced ----------------------- 1810 tons -
Submerged --------------------- 1980 tons
Range
Surfaced ----------------------- 13,700 km -
Submerged --------------------- 2,250 km
Maximum Speed
Surfaced ----------------------- 12 knots
Submerged --------------------- 19 knots
Endurance
Diving endurance --------------- 21 days
Diving depth ------------------- 320 meters
Carriage
Complement --------------------- 36 (7 officers)
Weapons ------------------------ 16 missiles and torpedoes

It is the first conventional submarine in the Indian Ocean to feature the AIP system (in this case a 200KW liquid oxygen MESMA AIP), which allows the vessel to increase its submerged endurance for up to 3 weeks and improves its stealth characteristics.

Last edited:
Really!? you want me to answer that. not even worth the effort telling you. i may tell you when im not annoyed by the stupid posts im seeing here.

I asked because some thing similar was considered but don't know implemented or not. Because it had its opposition too in PN.

I asked because some thing similar was considered but don't know implemented or not. Because it had its opposition too in PN.
ok fine. its not suitable. it was an idea but its deemed unviable as it would take too long to convert the sub to launch the slcm, it would cost too much and the dynamics meant that pakistan did not need it then. and the slcm is not yet ready. besides i dont know why ur bringing it up. your getting 8 subs, why are you complaining?

ok fine. its not suitable. it was an idea but its deemed unviable as it would take too long to convert the sub to launch the slcm, it would cost too much and the dynamics meant that pakistan did not need it then. and the slcm is not yet ready. besides i dont know why ur bringing it up. your getting 8 subs, why are you complaining?

You forgot one thing, that is Pakistan already have 2nd strike capability and Naval Strategic Command is operational too. :)

You forgot one thing, that is Pakistan already have 2nd strike capability and Naval Strategic Command is operational too. :)
it is operational but they dont have anything to operate. 2nd strike is not yet ready. wait another 5 years.

it is operational but they dont have anything to operate. 2nd strike is not yet ready. wait another 5 years.

The person responsible is more credible then you, and he says we have that capability. :)

Back
Top Bottom