What's new

Sri Lanka plans to grant working visa to Indians due to labour shortage

:lol: Here comes the master bullsh@tter to the rescue.

As for your statement - yeah why not - but it's not Sri Lankans who do that - but Indians do that in Sri Lanka.

:lol: Indians and Chinese are supposed to be high spenders in Sri Lanka - get your statistics right and stop relying on wiki for it.

Yes we do have Indian tourists in SL and as a Lankan I welcome that not because of the money they bring bt it would create goodwill among ppl-ppl and Indians would know lanka’s state on their own not via media.
But saying Indians are big spenders are far from the truth. You yourself knw ur country men are stingy when buying things and bargain a lot. They do not spend much. Actually Ind-SL journery is so short that some Indians bring rotis from india and curl it over an iron and cook in the hotel room saving their money.

Yes we do have Indian tourists in SL and as a Lankan I welcome that not because of the money they bring bt it would create goodwill among ppl-ppl and Indians would know lanka’s state on their own not via media.
But saying Indians are big spenders are far from the truth. You yourself knw ur country men are stingy when buying things and bargain a lot. They do not spend much. Actually Ind-SL journery is so short that some Indians bring rotis from india and curl it over an iron and cook in the hotel room saving their money.

Stop quoting me - I debunked all your countrymen on all the previous posts - and am off this stupid thread.

I am answering some of the arrogant guys here who think India is trolled by this statement from Srilanka :cheers:

then answer that guy. actually he is correct when he says that cos indians were very badly hurt and its clear from their comments. ha ha ....

There is heavy shortage of workers in TN itself - at least in the countryside if you want to build a home your biggest headache will be finding laborers - and they get paid Rs 300+ - also they will spend most of that money in the evening drinking - they will spend 200+ on drinks alone - this is how most family stay very poor - people who manage their money well usually come to a good state in 10- 15 yrs .

I asked you to post some tangible proof which says Indian labours are working illegally in Sri Lanka, hear in Dubai I can see most of the garment workers are from Sri Lanaka and they are paid partly wage of Aed.800 to Aed.1,000 - if Sri Lanka is so abundant with jobs why your women folks are going to work as maid in Gulf countries for very less salary, by the way your cricketers are lining for IPL that it self shows who is searching for job in which country...

See the below news it says farm labours are hard to find in Tamil Nadu so they started using machines for farming, and you say Indians are coming to work illegally in Lanka...

WR_20130225120546.jpeg

You are an "Empty vessels" if not then give us proof for the number of labours from India working in Lanka, don't count those who have invested in your country running Hotels, Telecom and other industries....

U cant show tangible evidence in an internet forum u idiot!, here is an article in a newspaper.

Three Indians nabbed in Ampara
Three Indian nationals who had visited Sri Lanka on tourist visit visas were arrested by the Ampara police today while working on a paddy field in the Palamune area.

The suspects from Tamil Nadu are now being detained at the Akkaraipattu police for questioning while Ampara police are conducting further investigations.

Actually there is a large number of Indians illegally doing sales as street vendors in Colombo. I have seen them in Bangkok as well. Actually SL gov has facilitated them to work here and u should be thankful. but u ppl are hurt why? :D

Many sri lankans work in dubai who earn huge salaries. It is common to every subcontinent country. Both professionals and unskilled labour reach guld countries. And they do earn what they deserve. So what is ur point? In SL many would complain u cant find a domestic servant cos many go abroad. I guess that is the same case with respect to labourers.

The laughable thing is how indians react. Were u thinking India is a 1st world country? really? sorry to burst ur bubble.

Sri Lankans should hire people from friendly nations like BD and Pakistan.

The reason is poor indians come to SL on tourist visa, and stay here seeking employment. I guess it is a step to curb that.

ya.... next month you'll see them telling not to give visas to Indians since we're going to vote against them at UN

I am not Justifying their action of staying illegally, but ridiculing your tall claim that Indians are coming to work as labours in your country...

By the way so many patients from Sri Lanka are coming to Chennai for medical treatment, and many students form Lanka are studying in India...More over you are trying to make mountain out of mole hill, even in India many foreign national are get arrested in India for over staying and you are making such trivial issue some thing big....

Well it is in news papers and SLG have said they will hire indians to work as labourers. Dont get so emotional cos there is nothing wrong in that. So how come it is related to SLn patients going to chennai? and the ones who made this trivial issue a big one was indians who believed their ego was harmed. ha ha

The reason is poor indians come to SL on tourist visa, and stay here seeking employment. I guess it is a step to curb that.

really...your government beg other countries, just like Pakistan sells land to Chinese giving away the pride to USA for cash...you're one of them and you talking about the poor Indians...not just Indians even you guys working in gulf
do the same...so don't bring it bla here

I'd hate to get into the usual mud-slinging game here, but I have to say that I'm having a hard time dealing with the many resumes and reminders my Lankan friends send me on an almost daily basis. A lot of them have expressed the desire to work in Bombay because of higher salaries than their Lankan counterparts, but are put off by the high cost of living in this city.

I'm only speaking from experience when I say that in my travels to Sri Lanka, I've never once seen or heard of an instance of an Indian national working illegally in any of that country's service industries/menial job market. Not once. Lanka is a lovely country, and is great to go to on vacation and okay to do business with as well, but please do not get fooled into thinking that it is in any way a haven for Indian job seekers, menial or otherwise. There are people on both sides of the Palk strait who are in dire need of employment, and that's what both the Indian and Sri Lankan governments need to focus on.

Cost of living is higher in colombo than Mumbai, as far as i know. SL has a pretty much high inflation rate. How can u deduce that just by touring SL. The places they work are, paddyfields, construction sites, Fort vendors' area and even streets in Pettah and Fort. I dont think tourists go there.

That is exactly what SL gov has done and it is ur ppl here ridiculing it.

India will never catch up SL in GDP per capita...same in HDI..India`s GDP per capita might grow up to 10,000-12,000 max and it`ll almost stop growing..Sri Lanka is the only country that has a realistic chance of becoming a 1st world country in South Asia..India will be more powerful (yet will NEVER grow anywhere near CHina) and their economy might equal USA (in many decades that is ,lol..but noway in living standards or per capita income)

machan ochchara balaporothu thiaganna epa, mahinda ha eyage mans la lankawe arthike kanawa. issarahata hari amaru wei developmenet kese wethath.

Back
Top Bottom