What's new

Sri Lanka GDP per capita PPP$16,700 in 2020 (List of 2020 National Targets)

There is a large gap between potential and actuation.

This is not the first time we are doing this in 1990's the same happened after the Economic Liberalization Reforms and the same type of giant reforms are to take place after the 2014 General Elections no matter who wins the same......

BTW Best of luck for the same target bro!!! Sri Lanka's economic development is not only in India's but the entire sub-continent's interest.....

Last edited:
India will lead the growth this decade, India has lot of growth prospects.

India's growth rate is the lowest in the region.........

832R9fx.jpg

India will lead the growth this decade, India has lot of growth prospects.

Lead growth in where? The region? The BRICS? The world?

This decade?1/3 of this decade is gone and India's performance so far can be summarized by one word: pathetic.

If government can do that then, Sri Lanka = Thailand in 2020.

Sri Lanka is an attractive tourism destination for the Chinese as it is.

And in a few years SL will prove to be an magnet for Chinese tourists with its friendly people、exotic culture、fine food、natural wonders and excellent infrastructure.

Last edited:
Lead growth in where? The region? The BRICS? The world?

This decade?1/3 of this decade is gone and India's performance so far can be summarized by one word: pathetic.

Sri Lanka is an attractive tourism destination for the Chinese as it is.

And in a few years SL will prove to be an magnet for Chinese tourists with its friendly people、exotic culture、fine food、natural wonders and excellent infrastructure.

Man-made wonders as well!
PICTURES: Look inside a standard apartment handed over to slum inhabitants | Page 2

$185 billion in 2020????? :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:
For a person who haven't go through deep of the economic stats by comparing it with the past performances, surely this will be unbelievable. i have gone through the statistics, with the current speed of expansion of economy Sri Lanka can easily pass $165 Billion GDP mark, but with the natural Gas exploration in Mannar Basin by next year and with the further expansion and FDI's to country $185 Billion economy by 2020 surely a achievable one

do not know but sri lankan economic growth is very impressive :victory1:
Actually it is achievable by 2020, if it go with current trend in Sri Lankan economy eventually it will pass $165 billion by 2020, Government policy makers along with Financial experts planed this strategy to achieved the $185 Billion target by 2020 with the Expansion of FDI's and natural oil resources which is to be excavated in coming years, achieving $185 Billion by 2020 is realistic

Last edited:
For a person who haven't go through deep of the economic stats by comparing it with the past performances, surely this will be unbelievable. i have gone through the statistics, with the current speed of expansion of economy Sri Lanka can easily pass $165 Billion GDP mark, but with the natural Gas exploration in Mannar Basin by next year and with the further expansion and FDI's to country $185 Billion economy by 2020 surely a achievable one

Actually it is achievable by 2020, if it go with current trend in Sri Lankan economy eventually it will pass $165 billion by 2020, Government policy makers along with Financial experts planed this strategy to achieved the $185 Billion target by 2020 with the Expansion of FDI's and natural oil resources which is to be excavated in coming years, achieving $185 Billion by 2020 is realistic

Eherm.

65*1.08^7= 111.

i.e 111B at a growth rate of 8%.

Eherm.

65*1.08^7= 111.

i.e 111B at a growth rate of 8%.

wrong buddy, quaterly gdp expanding annually at the average of 14 YoY basis. for the past 5 years its the story. if you take Lanka's GDP Per capita it is changing 14% to 15% annualy. real gdp growth is 14 - 15%, sri lanka will reach 111b mark by 2016 as economy expect to get accelarated by next year it may be more than that...

your calculations are hillarious, primary, learn aspects of economy first

wrong buddy, quaterly gdp expanding annually at the average of 14 YoY basis. for the past 5 years its the story. if you take Lanka's GDP Per capita it is changing 14% to 15% annualy. real gdp growth is 14 - 15%, sri lanka will reach 111b mark by 2016 as economy expect to get accelarated by next year it may be more than that...

your calculations are hillarious, primary, learn aspects of economy first

Real GDP Growth = Nominal GDP growth - Deflator

You're confusing nominal growth with real growth.

Nominal growth doesn't mean much if you don't account for inflation.

But in a way, you are correct, nominal GDP will increase at significantly faster rates than real GDP. But excessive inflation isn't good, so I wouldn't be celebrating just yet :)

Real GDP Growth = Nominal GDP growth - Deflator

You're confusing nominal growth with real growth.

Nominal growth doesn't mean much if you don't account for inflation.

But in a way, you are correct, nominal GDP will increase at significantly faster rates than real GDP. But excessive inflation isn't good, so I wouldn't be celebrating just yet :)

, A = P(1+r)^n; p =
principal, r= rate as decimal, n = recurrence
period.
(2012) 2,923.13(1+0.15)^1 = $3361 (2013 per
capita) and = 3361*21 million = $70 Billion
2,923.13(1+0.15)^2 = $3865 (2013 per
capita) and = 3865 *21 million = $81 Billion
2,923.13(1+0.15)^3 = $3361 (2013 per
capita) and = 3361 *21 million = $93 Billion
2,923.13(1+0.15)^4 = $5112 (2013 per
capita) and = 5112 *21 million = $107 Billion
(2012) 2,923.13(1+0.15)^5 = $5879 (2016
per capita) and 5879*21 million =123 Billion
(GDP 2016).

Wot?

That's exactly what I did. Except I used real GDP growth rates and not nominal which is NOT USED to measure economic growth.

I'm disinclined towards people who blindly apply formulae without an understanding of their use. This is exactly what you've done, it helps one to pass exams but has no real use whatsoever.

Wot?

That's exactly what I did. Except I used real GDP growth rates and not nominal which is NOT USED to measure economic growth.

I'm disinclined towards people who blindly apply formulae without an understanding of their use. This is exactly what you've done, it helps one to pass exams but has no real use whatsoever.

what are you trying to prove mate?

Back
Top Bottom