What's new

THe city with South Asia`s highest GDP per capita - Colombo, Sri Lanka

You should have also noticed that the graph shows percentage of urban population living in slums...

We certainly have some under developed cities but no slums except some of them are in karachi's adjoining areas.

population of pak is 6 times that of india and still you people have less gdp per capita than us...:omghaha:..and karachi has to go a long long way to catch mumbai..nly madrassa people will deny that..

please read the latest NY times articles on karachi. there is a reason why a celebration was suspected to be a bomb blast.
if this happpened in mumbai, it would not have been as easy to spread the rumour.

Well tell them to write those articles after visiting pakistan. As i said earlier it is just a media hype. It is easy to write and report by putting pakistan under a microscope whereas same problems are also present in india but no one reports them.

This seems wrong, and Mckinsey Report its referring to has no such figures.

Urban world: Cities and the rise of the consuming class | McKinsey & Company

Even if you simply divide the GDP of each cities by their population, you ll get a rough estimate of GDP/Capita, which is around 1800 and 1900 for Karachi and Lahore.

Intellectual dishonesty, I wonder if Riaz Haq made that entry in wikipedia :disagree:

Karachi generates a huge percentage of our national revenue. Figures of 1900 are utterly stupid.

Well tell them to write those articles after visiting pakistan. As i said earlier it is just a media hype. It is easy to write and report by putting pakistan under a microscope whereas same problems are also present in india but no one reports them.

why are they doing that? why should they be against karachi?

Karachi generates a huge percentage of our national revenue. Figures of 1900 are utterly stupid.

are bhai per capita hai...karachika population dekh srilankan cities ka population dekh...

why are they doing that? why should they be against karachi?

Well recent poll in US say that pakistan is somewhere 7th or 8th place in most hated countries list of US so what do you expect from them.

are bhai per capita hai...karachika population dekh srilankan cities ka population dekh...

Pakistan_%26_its_two_largest_City_economies.png

I think you should have also noticed that

Pakistan = 27.5 million people

whereas

india = 109.5 million people
which is pakistan x 4

Talk to the Hand.
talk-to-the-handjpg-71824e3129d16207_large.jpg

Did you see the percentage part. :cheesy:

lol bs sources by gigawoot.... no reply for the "Disney dollars" so poor chap pulls bs from his behind...

See the source before denying the reality. :lol:

Why did it slip down your a$$ after all that trolling? Provide me another link for this thread otherwise just shut it.

WIkipedia is wrong there..According to your link ,

Karachchi city`s , GDP is 28 billion and the population is 13.5 million..that gives the GDP per capita of 2075 which is far more realistic !

Larhore`s is less than 2000..do some math and check !

Colombo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

income of Colombo Metro area stood at USD $5358 and purchasing power per capita of $10,000, making it one of the most prosperous regions in South Asia.[34]

This data is few years old..current is actually close to 7000 and $14,000+ ppp wise.

check this 2012 report

http://www.cbsl.gov.lk/pics_n_docs/10_pub/_docs/statistics/other/econ_&_ss_2012.pdf

I think you should have also noticed that

Pakistan = 27.5 million people

whereas

india = 109.5 million people
which is pakistan x 4

Talk to the Hand.
talk-to-the-handjpg-71824e3129d16207_large.jpg

and you should talk with your mind.look at the Indian population too..

WIkipedia is wrong there..According to your link ,

Karachchi city`s , GDP is 28 billion and the population is 13.5 million..that gives the GDP per capita of 2075 which is far more realistic !

Karachi's GDP was 82billion US$ in 2008, where did you get the figure of 28 billion? I will request you to post the source.

Karachi's GDP was 82billion US$ in 2008, where did you get the figure of 28 billion? I will request you to post the source.

that`s what your friend`s link says ! go and have a look.. if its 80 , I am not sure about `13 million population` either !

Back
Top Bottom