What's new

Sikhs rally in London over 1984 India temple attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what your esteemed Pakistani "Military Professionals" have to say about your "They're paid" comment

Are you calling BS on your own armed forces personell and claiming that they are hired hands?

what on earth are you doing quoting me from a discussion encompassing a TOTALLY different topic?

what? you thought i wouldnt stumble upon this thread?

I see and I hear EVERYTHING ;)

Yaar koi isse Sikh regiment ke photo dikhao.....

Shayad ye banda Chandpuri aur Arora ka naam bhool gaya....

you are aware that Arora after serving in the military became quite vocal about Sikh rights, especially post operation bluestar?

It is there right to express concern and We need to Respect it, but at the same time, an attack cost the then prime ministers Life, The Intention was right but the execution was wrong.... There could have been better ways to handle the terrorists and flush them out instead to violating there faith..

Why didn't the Sikhs arm themselves in 1984, in self-defence?

I thought Sikhs were supposed to be the "martial" type, surely they could have seen off the National Congress thugs if they were armed.

Sikhs didn't arm themselves? You do realise all this crack down happened after the armed militancy in Punjab by separatists. Indian army crushed this militancy. Operation blue star was the culmination of this crack down, Sikh body guards (offended by attack on Golden Temple, which had terrorists hiding in there) assassinate Indira Gandhi, anti Sikh riots followed. Not justifying it but all this would have never happened if the some Sikhs didn't arm themselves and start killing civilians in the first place. And no prizes for guessing which country was supplying weapons to these militants.

Thankfully we had this gentleman to take care of the separatists. And yes he is a Sikh too. A patriotic one:D

kps1.jpg

It is there right to express concern and We need to Respect it, but at the same time, an attack cost the then prime ministers Life, The Intention was right but the execution was wrong.... There could have been better ways to handle the terrorists and flush them out instead to violating there faith..

if the prime minister didnt launch an attack on the golden temple, there would have been no attack by sikh bodyguards though.

'They' also elected Christians, Muslims, Sikhs, etc, etc, etc even a Dalit one time to high ranks. Oh, I forgot, they are puppets....

The Indian president isn't elected by the people. Manmohan Singh wasnt elected by the people. His Congress party was (when Sonia Gandhi was leading it).

I knew a Sikh once, and he had this awesome sword, which I think they keep for religious purposes.

Sikhs are quite tough as well. I'm just wondering why they didn't take their swords to defend themselves against the armed mobs.

Anti Sikh riots were unfortunate, and I would love to see those responsible for it thrown into jails.

As far as defending them is concerned, am sure they did defend, anyone(Sikh, Hindu, Christian, Muslim, Atheist) would try to defend their family, with whatever they have at hand. But then again there is only so much that you can do to hold back a violent mob.

Sikhs didn't arm themselves? You do realise all this crack down happened after the armed militancy in Punjab by separatists. Indian army crushed this militancy. Operation blue star was the culmination of this crack down, Sikh body guards (offended by attack on Golden Temple, which had terrorists hiding in there) assassinate Indira Gandhi, anti Sikh riots followed. Not justifying it but all this would have never happened if the some Sikhs didn't arm themselves and start killing civilians in the first place. And no prizes for guessing which country was supplying weapons to these militants.

The Sikhs in the Temple were armed. The bodyguards were also. That didn't justify the mob violence by the Hindus after that that killed thousands of Sikhs.

The Sikhs in the Temple were armed. The bodyguards were also. That didn't justify the mob violence by the Hindus after that that killed thousands of Sikhs.

Mob violence was in retaliation of Indira Gandhi's assassination. She was quite a popular leader. And no mob violence can be justified, no matter what the reason behind it be.

Excepts about Operation Bluestar from an article about Sikh warriors I posted a while back (when I first joined actually)

It was 1984, and the Indian Army must have known it was in for a big bloody mess to get the temple back, especially since its upper ranks are filled mostly with Sikh generals, Sikhs being the designated hitters of the Indian war game. But Indira Gandhi was PM, and she was a lady who didn't like being disobeyed, so she ordered her Sikh Commanding General to overrun the temple.

Mistake. The Sikh CO inside the temple was a dude named Shahbeg Singh, who pretty much single-handedly engineered the collapse of the Pakistani Army in the 1971 Indo-Pak War. It was Shahbeg who organized the Mukhti Bahini, the Bangladeshi guerrillas who made history by being the first Bengali armed force in history not to pee in their dhotis and flee at the sound of gunfire. In fact, this Sikh must've given the Bengalis some kind of Sikh blood transfusion because they fought well enough to make the West Pak garrisons surrender en masse even before Indian troops crossed the Bengal border. After that it was the end of history for East Bengal, except for a bunch of whiney George Harrison begging chanteys, and a tidal wave or two.

Well, this same Shahbeg arranged the defense of the Golden Temple so well that at the end of a seven-day battle with the Indian Army's best units, his 200-odd amateur militants had inflicted 83 KIA on the army and even managed to blast the first tank to enter the compound. They paid a price, naturally - at least 500 Sikh dead and the Temple blasted into gold dust. But Sikhs -- well, if there's one thing you can say about 'em, it's that they're willing to pay any price.

And they make the enemy pay, too. Less than five months after Indira Gandhi ordered the attack on the Temple, she was strolling into her garden to be interviewed by that fat old Brit with the Russian name, Peter Ustinov, when the Sikhs got their revenge. It must have been a pretty scene, the fat man sweating in the Delhi heat, Indira swirling up in her best sari -- when BOOM! Two of her bodyguards, who were Sikhs, naturally, opened fire on her with machine guns, turning her into human chutney. She died before the sweat dried on Ustinov's chins. And then, just to add to Ustinov's fun, her other non-Sikh bodyguards started blasting at the Sikh shooters, killing one and wounding another.

Shortest -- and loudest -- interview the old battle-ax ever gave. Last, too.

That was the Sikh revenge for "Operation Bluestar," the temple raid. By the way, that's another of these lame ops titles they keep coming up with. Should've called it "Operation Blowback," or "Operation Indira, Are You Sure?"

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/68861-sikh-death-war-nerds-tribute-sikh-warriors.html

The Indian president isn't elected by the people. Manmohan Singh wasnt elected by the people. His Congress party was (when Sonia Gandhi was leading it).

Well then you proved Liquid's point lol Sonia Gandhi isn't a Hindu is she?

You made it a Religious war, and You enjoy it dont you?? The operation Blue star was Commanded By "Kuldip Singh Brar" and Operation Black Thunder was commanded by Kanwar Pal Singh Gill .....

It was an Indian Military Operation, not any Hindu muslim, or Hindu Sikh Clash....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom