What's new

Security Official Stoned to Death for Adultery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh really? Then Western and Russian women should be the most liberated women from such illicit exploitations? Then tell me why Russian women are the biggest export of prostitution and why 1/4 of Swedish women are raped!
If women is married to abusive husband then she is being exploited by just ONE man and if a women is given toooooooooooo much freedom then she is exploited by 100000000000 men!

Wrong notion again, A women who is weak will be exploited not a women who can take care of her economic needs, and then there will be women rights provided by constitution of that country.
A women will choose her life and which man she has to live her life.

@ topic

I hail from the area so before people start yapping away or going into Pak/Pak Army bashing let me clear some things for you.

First of all, Kurram is in FATA - the tribal areas. "Purdah" is strictly observed around these areas. That's how its been for hundreds of years and probably in another hundred or so years it would still be this way. And it doesnt even matter Sunni or Shiia; in Kurram's case (unlike other tribal agencies) girls do go to school and there are schools for girls which havent been blown up (knock on wood). However --again -- Purdah is a big deal in these areas.

When I was last there just a few years back, even I had to remember not to even take pictures when going through the other villages to get to Parachinar by road. It's a HUGE no-no. Not because of security reasons, but because the women are often outside of the homes doing the laundry or feeding the chickens or doing other domestic things -- and in some parts the road is close to the villages so just from the roads you can see people near their homes.

This soldier's phenomenon isnt a new one. Many times on deputation soldier would come across a local and maybe it was love at first sight. These are emotions that can often be over-bearing, and a soldier afterall is just a human with human instincts. It appears that they had already met a few times and it was a mutually-agreed upon thing. He didnt sodomize or harass her; based on the news he simply came (in civilian garb, not uniform) to meet her. If I were his friend, I would have advised him to contact the men of her family first. Usually to be really pious or modest, the guy will sit by the feet of the father or do something very humble to try to win the affection of the family. The fact that he was seen with her out of wedlock was probably seen as a huge violation and a kind of disrespect. Un-intended, but thats how it appears to have been perceived.

I've never in my life heard of people being stoned to death however around our ancestral land. Not once in my life. Shootings yes, but not stonings.

I noticed that some news channels (especially anti-Pakistan ones like BBC) were trying to bring in other dramatical twists like the soldier was Punjabi and that Punjabis arent liked in the area. To some extent, you will find people with that view certainly. But then again, you will never find a Pakhtun tribe that doesnt have family members in Punjab or other non-tribal areas of the country. The Army and FC in fact recruit people from the area. I myself come from a proud military family.

so my bottom line here is that it was a misunderstanding; something that shouldnt have happened. Soldiers are often briefed about how to compose themselves and act in sensitive areas like these. This guy made a mistake but i dont think his intentions were bad. Stoning him to death is a disgusting thing and I hope that the political agents in Kurram and the local authorities (whatever exist) take action against those who carried out this unjust and uncivilized action. Of course that would be hard though because it was a village council jirga - and those decisions are usually hard to be disputed. And like the article mentions, it is true that in Bangash/Turri areas there is some stirred up emotions and frustration and anger about the killings of Shiias around Kurram (and elsewhere in the country). Not sure what that has to do with a regular jawan (as opposed to the people calling the shots in Islamabad).

Neither is stoning, or you in Islam as far as i know.
Stoning should be banned altogether.

Stoning ie capital punishment is in Islam. Sorry to say yr knowledge is laughable abt yr own religion.

@ topic

like the elder said he had came to protect this region but instead he involved into something very bad, and characterless acts so he has met his faith.

I think this is good enough to explain it all.:tup:

This is not really OT, given how the thread is moving.

I think we need to look squarely at what we mean by women's freedoms, physical and sexual freedoms in particular.

Why do we regard women who sleep with more than one partner as sluts, but not men?

Why are we afraid of the sexuality of women around us, why do we treat it as taboo? Why do we oppress them because of it?

Why do we kill- as the PA soldier was killed- because of it?

What weakness in us men, what insecurity drives it?

Guys I am warning you, don't discuss religion...it is contrary to forum rules.....or I will complain to PDF authorities..

This is quite alarming that extremist influences are flowing into Pakistani Shia community from Iran and sooner of later they will try to establish proxy enclaves like Hezbollah of Iran. News and developments like these will also give moral boost to extremist like LeJ and AWSJ in launching their anti-shia campaigns. With the religio-political polarization taking place in Pakistan it seems that we will end up as another sectarian Iraq or Afghanistan. Its time to abandon religion - the tool of foreign imperialism!

There are always two sides of the coin, wahabi/salafacist extremism is breeding because it is has found a mass to oppose which earns it admiration and followers!

And it is true that many of the Shia fair very poorly when it comes to ethics and conducts.

first of all -- LeJ/TTP types are probably laughing because anytime a soldier dies they are happy about it.

second of all - Iran has nothing to do with this stoning. It was a local affair carried out after jirga imposed sentence

third of all - you are right that extremist interpretations of religion or religious sect will spell disaster for Pakistan.....some people are just too stupid to realize it even years later

Stoning ie capital punishment is in Islam. Sorry to say yr knowledge is laughable abt yr own religion.

he had came to protect this region but instead he involved into something very bad, and characterless acts so he has met his faith.

To be killed for thinking he was in love with a girl ? Stupid, it's all so, stupid! And this is Islam?? And we don't know anything about Islam, you say?

This is not really OT, given how the thread is moving.

I think we need to look squarely at what we mean by women's freedoms, physical and sexual freedoms in particular.

Why do we regard women who sleep with more than one partner as sluts, but not men?

Why are we afraid of the sexuality of women around us, why do we treat it as taboo? Why do we oppress them because of it?

Why do we kill- as the PA soldier was killed- because of it?

What weakness in us men, what insecurity drives it?

Women scare us - our insecurity is that women scare us, they don't have to take time off to reload and they are just stronger - so we exercise our physical strength to scare them, because if it wasn't for that - as for why she's a "slut"well, what the line, "with one of these I can have as many of those as I want" - we are scared of them (pencil dikitis)

To be killed for thinking he was in love with a girl ? Stupid, it's all so, stupid! And this is Islam?? And we don't know anything about Islam, you say?

do u even read my post and the post whom i had replied??

stoning ie capital punishment is allowed in Islam.
And what this guy did was pathetic at its best. he was there to protect the area not to involved in illicit relations with locals. He has met his faith whether u accept or not thats yr kamzor iman n yr problem as we all r answerable to All Mighty not u or anyone else.

Women scare us - our insecurity is that women scare us, they don't have to take time off to reload and they are just stronger - so we exercise our physical strength to scare them, because if it wasn't for that - as for why she's a "slut"well, what the line, "with one of these I can have as many of those as I want" - we are scared of them (pencil dikitis)

It is exactly that but it is more than that. You mentioned physical strength- it's also a physical need to dominate.

That is the reason I sometimes think that in their thinking about women, the religious arch-conservative has the exact same mentality as the pimp- both feel the need to dominate women through strength.

A jirga in Kurram Agency ordered the execution of a military official over ‘illicit relations’ with a local girl.
Stoned to Death
Rizwan Tabassum / AFP

A military official was stoned to death on Tuesday morning after he was caught trying to elope with a local girl in Pakistan’s restive Kurram tribal district along the Pak-Afghan border.

An eyewitness, requesting anonymity out of fear of retaliation, told Newsweek Pakistan that the incident occurred in the Turi graveyard of Parachinar, the main town of Kurram Agency. The political administration also confirmed the execution, while a military official, on condition of anonymity, admitted that the victim had “belonged to the Army.”

Anwar Din, a serving military official from the Mianwali district of Punjab province, had allegedly gotten engaged to a local girl in secret while on deployment in the region. “Anwar Din became involved with a local Shia Muslim girl while he was deployed in the area,” according to the eyewitness. “He was transferred a while back but had come to meet her while on leave.”

Both Din and the girl were accompanied by friends and were spotted by locals while they were exchanging gifts in the graveyard, says the eyewitness, adding that while the couples’ friends managed to escape, Din was captured. The girl has taken refuge in the nearby Dar-ul-Zahra madrassah.

Following Din’s capture, the local tribal jirga formed a committee to investigate and verify the allegations against him. Once confirmed, they decided to stone him to death. “This man was supposed to protect our region, but he did something that violates the code and conduct of the Pashtun tribe,” an elder who participated in the jirga told Newsweek Pakistan. “He has now met his fate.”

A crowd of hundreds assembled to watch the 28-year-old’s stoning. “Din was brought to a square near the Turi graveyard where people started throwing stones and later beat him with poles of wood,” says the eyewitness. He said the stoning lasted almost 15 minutes and was accompanied by chants of Nara Haideri and Ya Ali.

After Din had succumbed to his injuries, his body was delivered to a nearby Frontier Corp camp, according to locals. The fate of the girl remains unclear.

Death by stoning is an ancient form of capital punishment, usually reserved for those who have committed adultery. According to the elder who participated in the jirga: “This stoning wasn’t according to Islam, but it was in accordance with our tribal code.”

A local doctor who examined Din’s body told Newsweek Pakistan “the mutilated body of the soldier was brought to the hospital in the afternoon with multiple head injuries.”

“It was beyond recognition,” he added.

Parachinar is home to a majority Shia population predominantly originating from the Turi and Bangash Pashtun tribes. Tribal codes are known to stipulate honor killings for individuals who attempt to get married in the absence of family approval. In 2010, another couple was sentenced to death by stoning for alleged adultery in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, attracting international condemnation.

NOTE:
Any other army in the world with even 0.0001% self respect would never have forgiven such an offence, US would probably have leveled the entire village to the ground if this happened to them.
So shia terrorism is a reality huh? (I'm not sunni myself but know the true face of shias)

Tribal rules has nothing to do with religion. This is common practice in NWFP and Afghanistan. If it happened to be shia in one case you generalize the whole Shia community as terrorist . If we keep your view then all Sunnin and Wahabi are proven terrorist. Keep isolated incident out of t his context. No Shia or no Sunni is terrorist , its individual acts of locals.

Thread starter need to know the difference between terrorism and honor killing in Pakistan.

That is the reason I sometimes think that in their thinking about women, the religious arch-conservative has the exact same mentality as the pimp- both feel the need to dominate women through strength.

It's a neat hierarchy -- they are dominated and in turn dominate -- there is an unthinking unwashed quality to the religious extreme types - their whole world seems to me, is particularly fragile, it's a reflection of themselves, fragile, which explains the proclivity to express themselves in the most barbarous of violence - keeps them in line and they figure it works for everyone.

It's a neat hierarchy -- they are dominated and in turn dominate -- there is an unthinking unwashed quality to the religious extreme types - their whole world seems to me, is particularly fragile, it's a reflection of themselves, fragile, which explains the proclivity to express themselves in the most barbarous of violence - keeps them in line and they figure it works for everyone.

Heh, well expressed.

Anyway, I'm out of here.

This is quite alarming that extremist influences are flowing into Pakistani Shia community from Iran and sooner of later they will try to establish proxy enclaves like Hezbollah of Iran. News and developments like these will also give moral boost to extremist like LeJ and AWSJ in launching their anti-shia campaigns. With the religio-political polarization taking place in Pakistan it seems that we will end up as another sectarian Iraq or Afghanistan. Its time to abandon religion - the tool of foreign imperialism!

There are always two sides of the coin, wahabi/salafacist extremism is breeding because it is has found a mass to oppose which earns it admiration and followers!

And it is true that many of the Shia fair very poorly when it comes to ethics and conducts.

we have people with this kind of thinking and then we wonder why we have so much killings on sectarian basis.So, any chance they get they show their hate for others sects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom