What's new

Saudi princess: What I'd change about my country

NeutralCitizen

Reaction score
Princess Basma Bint Saud Bin Abdulaziz tells the BBC there are many changes she would like to see in Saudi Arabia - but that now is not the time for women to be allowed to drive.

I speak as the daughter of King Saud, the former ruler of Saudi Arabia. My father established the first women's university in the kingdom, abolished slavery and tried to establish a constitutional monarchy that separates the position of king from that of prime minister. But I am saddened to say that my beloved country today has not fulfilled that early promise.

Our ancient culture, of which I am very proud, is renowned for its nobility and generosity, but we lack, and urgently need, fundamental civil laws with which to govern our society.

As a daughter, sister, (former) wife, mother, businesswoman and a working journalist, these are the things that I would like to see changed in Saudi Arabia.

BBC News - Saudi princess: What I'd change about my country

Aren't you glad your princess is speaking ?

i always feel glad when its for the country interest. LONG LIFE SAUDI ARABIA

an3m1.com_6bc1522e321.jpg

sometimes its hard to response to sub-human especially when they go off topic

Yes, she's a regular Jane, not a billionaire from her family's oil fortune.

Yes she is. In KSA women face relatively no burdens in Economic and Industrial issues since that part is almost Secular my own mother owns lands and buildings and used to write articles for the press. Yeah we know of our situation better than your heavily Anti-Arab propaganda surroundings.

Yes she is. In KSA women face relatively no burdens in Economic and Industrial issues since that part is almost Secular my own mother owns lands and buildings and used to write articles for the press. Yeah we know of our situation better than your heavily Anti-Arab propaganda surroundings.
Women are objects the "men" in KSA use as currency. You fool no one here.

Back
Top Bottom