What's new

Sachin may be your god but not mine: Akhtar

Any update on what he said against Wasim akram and Shoiab Malik???

Apparently Wasim Akram and Shoiab Malik lack the pleothora of obsessive Guardian angels like Sachin does.

yet he uses the name of Sachin to stir controversy and sell his book.Pathetic.

LOL why are Indians so pissed off at shoaib? Like he said, He maybe your god not ours. We consider him a great batsmen and that's just about it. Not everybody can share your feelings towards your cricketers. Learn to live with it.

shoaib looks like a junkie to me...

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

LOL why are Indians so pissed off at shoaib? Like he said, He maybe your god not ours. We consider him a great batsmen and that's just about it. Not everybody can share your feelings towards your cricketers. Learn to live with it.
If you can't respect someone then at least dont insult them...

lol that's what we are saying, who cares what he thinks of what sachin is for up ? we don't give rats *** to such low life controversial player. now back to selling his raddi.

Actually, I agree with you. We can't expect Pakistani people to consider Sachin as GOD.

But Do you know he blamed almost everyone from Wasim Akram to PCB,

Since, He launched his book in India, so Sachin line was highlighted. He should have not said, He could still make a good life in India like Wasim Akram is doing as commentator.

Shoaib was a problem and remains a problem: Akram

Former Pakistan captain Wasim Akram on Saturday ridiculed Shoaib Akhtar and his controversial autobiography, which has made several tall claims, saying that the pacer was a "problem" when he was an active player and remains just that even in retirement.

Akram pooh-poohed Shoaib's claims of making Sachin Tendulkar uncomfortable with his pace in the Faisalabad Test in 2006 and also rejected some of the other allegations he has made in the book titled 'Controversially Yours'.

"I remember one of Sachin's knocks in the Sialkot Test. It was the fourth Test and the wicket had lot of grass, I was 22 and Waqar was 19 and we were very fast," Akram recalled.

"Waqar hit him on his chin and he came back after taking treatment and scored a 50. If a 16-year-old can't be scared, I don't think any batsman can be scared. It hardly matters what Shoaib says," Akram told reporters here

Akram said Shoaib, who was a controversial figure all through his playing career, was just trying to sell his book with tall claims and also rejected allegations that he tried to destroy the tearaway pacer's career.

"Whatever the Pakistan Cricket Board says, I am with them. He was a problem when he was in the team and he is a problem when he is out of the team," Akram said.

"He knows, I know and the world knows that he was himself responsible for destroying his career. There is a lot to talk but I don't want to humiliate him. There is an unwritten code among players that some facts should not be revealed before the media," he warned.

"You guys (media) will ensure that his book is a bestseller," he said.

Talking about Indian cricket, Akram said Mahendra Singh Dhoni's men should brace up for tough times ahead when they tour Australia later this year as fast and bouncy wickets await them Down Under.

"The Australia tour will be challenging for India and they should expect bouncy wickets," he said. Akram also advocated the resumption of bilateral cricket ties between India and Pakistan.

"I am in favour of sporting ties between India and Pakistan. If players of these countries do well against each other, they can do well against anyone," he said

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Shoaib is talking bullshit: PCB chief

PCB chief threatens legal action against Shoaib | Pakistan Today | Latest news, Breaking news, Pakistan News, World news, business, sport and multimedia

He even said most of the Pakistani fast Bowler were involved in Ball tempering.

Actually, I agree with you. We can't expect Pakistani people to consider Sachin as GOD.

Since, He launched his book in India, so Sachin line was highlighted. He should have not said, He could still make a good life in India like Wasim Akram is doing as commentator.

Shoaib was a problem and remains a problem: Akram

Former Pakistan captain Wasim Akram on Saturday ridiculed Shoaib Akhtar and his controversial autobiography, which has made several tall claims, saying that the pacer was a "problem" when he was an active player and remains just that even in retirement.

Akram pooh-poohed Shoaib's claims of making Sachin Tendulkar uncomfortable with his pace in the Faisalabad Test in 2006 and also rejected some of the other allegations he has made in the book titled 'Controversially Yours'.

"I remember one of Sachin's knocks in the Sialkot Test. It was the fourth Test and the wicket had lot of grass, I was 22 and Waqar was 19 and we were very fast," Akram recalled.

"Waqar hit him on his chin and he came back after taking treatment and scored a 50. If a 16-year-old can't be scared, I don't think any batsman can be scared. It hardly matters what Shoaib says," Akram told reporters here

Akram said Shoaib, who was a controversial figure all through his playing career, was just trying to sell his book with tall claims and also rejected allegations that he tried to destroy the tearaway pacer's career.

"Whatever the Pakistan Cricket Board says, I am with them. He was a problem when he was in the team and he is a problem when he is out of the team," Akram said.

"He knows, I know and the world knows that he was himself responsible for destroying his career. There is a lot to talk but I don't want to humiliate him. There is an unwritten code among players that some facts should not be revealed before the media," he warned.

"You guys (media) will ensure that his book is a bestseller," he said.

Talking about Indian cricket, Akram said Mahendra Singh Dhoni's men should brace up for tough times ahead when they tour Australia later this year as fast and bouncy wickets await them Down Under.

"The Australia tour will be challenging for India and they should expect bouncy wickets," he said. Akram also advocated the resumption of bilateral cricket ties between India and Pakistan.

"I am in favour of sporting ties between India and Pakistan. If players of these countries do well against each other, they can do well against anyone," he said

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Shoaib is talking bullshit: PCB chief

PCB chief threatens legal action against Shoaib | Pakistan Today | Latest news, Breaking news, Pakistan News, World news, business, sport and multimedia
lol PCB threatening to take legal action against shoaib? he he seems some one is trying hard to be in good books of BCCI.

Gentleman,

By looking at the title one can deduce that the aim of Shoaib and his publicist is to create controversy which ultimately generates interest which will sell his book which will give him a few bucks.
In reality to go to the largest cricket nation by far and say something sh*ty about Sachin is ultimately going to get him on the front pages.
Sportsman like Kapil Dev and Imran or Wasim will always have their records to show what they were. Sachin, whatever you say about the guy has been Indian cricket for 20 years. I remember in one of his first tours he coming here and scoring 119 out of 212 all out and was a teenager - never forget that as a kid it always sticks out. India may have a load of class batters now but one must remember when you had a weak batting side he was the beacon and in the last 20 years has inspired people like Serwag and the Kholis of the world - so guys chill out about what he says and dont buy his book! If you were going to buy it put the money in a charity box - will be used and more appreciated their! :coffee:

Since, He launched his book in India, so Sachin line was highlighted. He should have not said, He could still make a good life in India like Wasim Akram is doing as commentator.[/COLOR][/B]

Yes I know he has blamed most of players he played with. Its his nature, when he was playing he had problems with everybody. Do you even know once he got crossed at Lara and hit him on his head so hard that Lara had to retire hurt. After the match was over, Sarwan commented that he had heard Shoaib saying to Lara ' I will kill you ' :lol:

Its just the nature of the guy. No need to boil your blood over it.

P.S I don't feel like replying to other members above who have quoted my post.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

lol PCB threatening to take legal action against shoaib? he he seems some one is trying hard to be in good books of BCCI.

:rofl: What part of 'Who the heck is BCCI to ask me for an apology to Sachin' didn't you understand??

I just hope that these Pakistani Cricketers and Celebrities start getting some dough within Pakistan itself. Else they get to such levels just to sell a book or make some moolah any other way. Sometimes it moves beyond the border line of embarrassing to disgusting.

Needless controversy creators. The only summary lesson out of this is "Do not argue with a fool, he will bring you down to his level and then beat you". Win Win scenario for the scary Mr. Akhtar in any case.

Gentleman,

By looking at the title one can deduce that the aim of Shoaib and his publicist is to create controversy which ultimately generates interest which will sell his book which will give him a few bucks.
In reality to go to the largest cricket nation by far and say something sh*ty about Sachin is ultimately going to get him on the front pages.
Sportsman like Kapil Dev and Imran or Wasim will always have their records to show what they were. Sachin, whatever you say about the guy has been Indian cricket for 20 years. I remember in one of his first tours he coming here and scoring 119 out of 212 all out and was a teenager - never forget that as a kid it always sticks out. India may have a load of class batters now but one must remember when you had a weak batting side he was the beacon and in the last 20 years has inspired people like Serwag and the Kholis of the world - so guys chill out about what he says and dont buy his book! If you were going to buy it put the money in a charity box - will be used and more appreciated their! :coffee:
well said and very generous and unbiased opinion i must say.

Back
Top Bottom