What's new

Sachin may be your god but not mine: Akhtar

Sachin faced hundreds of fast bowlers in his time ...from Lee , to the W's , Mcgrath, Flintoff etc . And he won all of their respect.

What Akhtar said was what he might have perceived , but that does not necessarily make it true.

Now if Sachin when he retires . writes a book where he declares Akhtar had a nervous breakdown after the mauling he received at Sachin's hand in the World Cup 2003 , that would also be noteworthy . But Sachin being the great player and Gentleman he is , would never resort to such lowly behaviour off the field .

Greatness is never demanded , but earned. If Akhtar thinks by making such claims the future generations will remember his name , he is very much mistaken.

How can such a Popular Cricketer give such a cheap and stupid comment. Is he so dire to to gain cheap popularity...

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

What ever it is it lacks Professionalism.:undecided:

clap-animated-animation-clap-smiley-emoticon-000340-large.gif

Sachin faced hundreds of fast bowlers in his time ...from Lee , to the W's , Mcgrath, Flintoff etc . And he won all of their respect.

What Akhtar said was what he might have perceived , but that does not necessarily make it true.

Now if Sachin when he retires . writes a book where he declares Akhtar had a nervous breakdown after the mauling he received at Sachin's hand in the World Cup 2003 , that would also be noteworthy . But Sachin being the great player and Gentleman he is , would never resort to such lowly behaviour off the field .

Greatness is never demanded , but earned. If Akhtar thinks by making such claims the future generations will remember his name , he is very much mistaken.
aren't we spending too much of time on a chuckkers statement/s? lol a person full of controversies in his career life in a even more controversial team like pakistan right from match fixing to spot fixing be it ball munching or tampering or pitch tampering, be it number of catches kamran akmal has dropped. enough said about them. tata!

I think we all need to realize that Akhtar chastised Tendulker more than enough times. It was India & Indian celebrities/sportsmen who first disrespected Shoaib by the "baap beta" talk, without Akhtar getting irked. But when Akhtar writes a book on his perceptions & his encounters with Tendulker, they just can't seem to handle it. It's in poor taste & spirit on their part.

I think we all need to realize that Akhtar chastised Tendulker more than enough times. It was India & Indian celebrities/sportsmen who first disrespected Shoaib by the "baap beta" talk, without Akhtar getting irked. But when Akhtar writes a book on his perceptions & his encounters with Tendulker, they just can't seem to handle it. It's in poor taste & spirit on their part.

I agree - unfortunately in India Tendulkar is a holy cow. I guess India has a sense of ownership about him since he has pretty much grown up in front of the nation. Now Akhtar also said that Dravid is not a match winner - but no one seems bothered. In all fairness and with due respect to Tendulkar - Dravid has probablly won India more test matches than Tendulkar has.

I agree - unfortunately in India Tendulkar is a holy cow. I guess India has a sense of ownership about him since he has pretty much grown up in front of the nation. Now Akhtar also said that Dravid is not a match winner - but no one seems bothered. In all fairness and with due respect to Tendulkar - Dravid has probablly won India more test matches than Tendulkar has.
You sir nailed it i totally endorse ur view

why is it so hard for you people to digest. He just said that Sachin might be god for indians not for him. The same thing applies to every Pakistani.

We (including Shoaib) considers Tendulkar as a great batsman but that does not mean he is perfect. . I don't know how much truth there is in Shoaib's statements but they are only his views that might be true. .

A mountain is being made out of a molehill. Akhtar is entitled to his opinion.

I agree mate. What some people will do and say to promote a book and make $$ when you realise you have left the game that loved you without making any mates.
One thing to remember in 20 years we will remember Sachin, Dravid, Imran, Wasim and Waqar for cricketing achievements.
I will remember Shoaib as the man who had it and wasted it.

I agree mate. What some people will do and say to promote a book and make $$ when you realise you have left the game that loved you without making any mates.
One thing to remember in 20 years we will remember Sachin, Dravid, Imran, Wasim and Waqar for cricketing achievements.
I will remember Shoaib as the man who had it and wasted it.
sir u are 100% right about sachin but i think Dravid dint got what he deserved and Shoib was not understood yes he wasted it but just look at Md.Amer he was such a prmising kid yet ????????

Back
Top Bottom