What's new

Russia is seriously concerned over JF-17's take over on MiG-29

Again crappy avionics and monkey models?

God damn those foreign operated mig... :lol:

I wonder

If you cut your sarcasm for once and do Did some research you would have know that by now. The Mig-29 did have malfunctioning avionics when it faced battle, it also was at a disadvantage when it came to pilot training and support aircraft such as AWACs and EW aircraft.

But even worse is is the fact that exported Mig-29s lack certain avionics as well as had downgraded avionics which I will talk about a little latter in this post.

RAF claims the tornado was hit by SA-7.. and returned to base!

There was another Tornado shot down over Iraq.

And sorry f-16,F-15,F-18 were ws modern than mig-29s even in 80s-90s.. :lol:[/quote]

Only during desert storm and those Mig-29s that Iraq had came with downgraded radar, no IFF, downgraded targeting suit and downgraded navigation suit. Kosovo was a different story.

Also no R-73s, which was the best missile available for the Mig-29 was equipped on Iraqi Migs. One the other hand the US had the latest aircraft with the latest avionics. Those Iraqi Mig-29s were far inferior to the Mig-29s the Soviet Union operated at the time and with the integration of AWACs the lopsidedness was heavily in favor of the American aircraft.

Even if you take a look at the IFF that Iraqi Mig-29s lacked you would know how crucial that system was. The Iraqi pilots probably, no they certainly had a difficult time identifying who the enemy aircraft were especially when they didn't have the luxury of AWACs. This would explain why Iraqi aircraft on a number of occasions merged with NATO aircraft in order to positively identify friend from foe. With IFF they could have fire at the aircraft without getting close or chose to 'bug out'.

Some software issues.. but again where are the F-Teens mig shot down ? :lol:

Right, let's take an F-16 block 15 with malfunctioning radar, no IFF, and downgraded navigation and targeting suits, arm it with some of the oldest air-to-air missiles, put in an inexperienced pilot and have it face a modern Mig-29 with AWACs.

This Scenario is so ridiculous and so lopsided yet this was the reality for the Mig-29s. But please do continue pounding your chest :lol:

And were shot in the 80-90s! by aircraft from the same era.. apart from the shitty combat history... nobody likes it... !!

No one likes it yet countries are purchasing it. Tell me, how many JF-17s or J-10s have been sold again?

Again im talkin about its overall performance... not to forget the limitations of the Mig-29 design...!

Stop, you clearly stated that the Mig-29s engines were fuel thirsty, yet I proved that they are more fuel efficient then western engines of the same class and time period. Now you are tripping over your own words and trying trying to change the subject :lol:

Again read my post!

I have, I just end up laughing every time.

Dude I could be wrong abt the exact number... but here is the telly of F-15 kills alone against ur mig-29s:

You could be wrong? yea, you were wrong, the sooner you admit to it the better off you will be.

lol. whatever makes you happy..

Hot cake = shit? :lol:

Great debating skilllzzz, you really got me.

Cool story..why Russian systems God why!!

Intellectual excellence at it's finest.

no kid... hes talkin alot abt its pathetic limitations,performance n crappy cockpit n handling among other things... its better to read instead of chest thumping... against the older block F-16... on which he flew 2000 hours!

So if I'm a kid how does it feel to lose every argument to a kid? :lol: I could care less about what some guy on a forum claims. Even if it's genuine that he does have experience wight the Mig-29 much of his opinion is bias and not in line with what Israeli Mig-29 test pilots said about the Mig-29, which they claim is on par with the F-16 and in some ways surpasses it. If this guy is truthful I can only imaging what kind of monkey model Mig-29 he flew.....

And F-16 taking 18 archers ? lol .. damn the jet must be made of kryponite or something.. and no proof except some russian sponsored article? Too much credibility i must say!

You have stooped to new lows. The article that was written about the F-16 taking 18 archers was not Russian. and it directly quoted what a German pilot said. In any case your methods are cheap, why don't use the same methods as you and just disregard everything you say since your references are all English/American.

Yet even block 15s are selling like hot cakes ? while countries operating migs want to replace tht junk...

Sales are irrelevant, but if you consider Israel buying F-16 with aid money and Pakistan receiving donations for free F-16s as well as Egypt then yes they are selling like hot cakes or I should say being donated like hot cakes.

mig 29 is the most pathetic plane of this century.

The latest Mig-29 is by far more advanced then anything in the Pakistani air force including your JF-17 and F-16.

When the JF-17 has AESA come talk.

When it has IRST come talk.

When it has HMC come talk.

When it has thrust vectoring come talk.

When it has in flight refueling capability come talk.

When it has the Migs payload come talk.

When it has a higher rate of climb come talk.

When it has superior engines come talk.

Should I keep going?

Migs earned their bad reputation, owing to their service record in IAF.

In 1965 (Indo-Pak) war, Indian mig-21 did irreparable damage to the reputation of mig.

Hence, I believe mig-29 also to be a fine machine, but as PAF maintain, 'its the man behind the machine'.

JF-17 have advantages like, low weight, more stealth, and low operating cost.

Migs earned their bad reputation, owing to their service record in IAF.

In 1965 (Indo-Pak) war, Indian mig-21 did irreparable damage to the reputation of mig.

Hence, I believe mig-29 also to be a fine machine, but as PAF maintain, 'its the man behind the machine'.

JF-17 have advantages like, low weight, more stealth, and low operating cost.

IAF got Mig 21 only in 1964 :lol:

In 71 Mig 21 kicked out F-104 of PAF.

IAF got Mig 21 only in 1964 :lol:

In 71 Mig 21 kicked out F-104 of PAF.

atleast correct your facts mate, F-104 was a nasty bird to operate and maintain, it only had speed as the main advantage, nothing else.

atleast correct your facts mate, F-104 was a nasty bird to operate and maintain, it only had speed as the main advantage, nothing else.

What facts are wrong here?

Mig scored 4 F-104. I have not commented on capability of F-104 here. Apart from this Mig 21 scored F-6 and sabre as well.

I have commented on a troll post which is ridiculing a potent fighter of its time i.e. Mig 21. If India has stressed its life its IAF mistake not the aircraft.

How one can boast of ruling Mig 21 in 65 when it was inducted in 64 only and was used only for defensive sorties?

What facts are wrong here?

Mig scored 4 F-104. I have not commented on capability of F-104 here. Apart from this Mig 21 scored F-6 and sabre as well.

I have commented on a troll post which is ridiculing a potent fighter of its time i.e. Mig 21. If India has stressed its life its IAF mistake not the aircraft.

How one can boast of ruling Mig 21 in 65 when it was inducted in 64 only and was used only for defensive sorties?

show neutral data, not IAF rhetoric, carry on with your fun otherwise :)

The latest Mig-29 is by far more advanced then anything in the Pakistani air force including your JF-17 and F-16.

When the JF-17 has AESA come talk.

When it has IRST come talk.

When it has HMC come talk.

When it has thrust vectoring come talk.

When it has in flight refueling capability come talk.

When it has the Migs payload come talk.

When it has a higher rate of climb come talk.

When it has superior engines come talk.

Should I keep going?

IRST

jf-17-irst-pod1.jpg

IFR

sd-10+JF-17+Thunder+Fighter+Jets+Fitted+sd-10+bvr+aam+c-802a+antiship+missile+Fixed+In-Flight+Refuelling+%28IFR%29+Probe+pakistan+air+force+paf+il-78+tanker+blcok+I+II+III+IV%281%29.jpg

Powerful WS-13 Engine. Has higher thrust when compared with RD-93

JF-17+Thunder+C-802A+Anti-Ship+cruise+missile+with+range+of+180+kilometers+255+c803+yj83+PLAAF+Navy+attack+operational+maritime+fighter+jet+pakistan+air+force+china+%25282%2529.jpg

Modern DSI Intakes like F-35 and LERX like F-18

JF-17+Thunder+from+No.+26+16+Squadron+Black+Panthers++Pakistan+Air+Force+%28PAF%29+fighter+duabi+air+show+Pakistan+Air+Force180km+range+C-802A+Anti-ship+Missile,+SD-10A+BVRAAM,+PL-5E+II+WVRAAMLS-6+LT-2LS-500Jcm400+201314151617+%281+%2818%29.jpg

True Multirole Fighter carrying any kind of weapon on board

jf-17_thunder_h4_weapon_load.jpg

jf-17_thunder_hafr_runway_bomb_load.jpg

jf-17_thunder_raad_load.jpg

CM-400 Supersonic Aircraft Carrier Killer with Mach 4.0

8220048265_fddc2a242a_b.jpg

JF-17_Carried_Weapons.jpg

4+ Generation Avionics

jf-17_thunder_cockpit_simulator.jpg

Expect AESA Radar and Better Avionics in Block 2 when it roles out in few months time.

All 1/3rd cost of MIG-29

Last edited:
Russia is concerned about- losing money- they by no means concerned about the capabilities of JF 17. Pakistanis should reflect that their favorite JF 17 is actually equal to Mig 29- a jet that India inducted 20 years ago and is in limited production (very advanced versions only in Naval version)

IRST

jf-17-irst-pod1.jpg

IFR

sd-10+JF-17+Thunder+Fighter+Jets+Fitted+sd-10+bvr+aam+c-802a+antiship+missile+Fixed+In-Flight+Refuelling+%28IFR%29+Probe+pakistan+air+force+paf+il-78+tanker+blcok+I+II+III+IV%281%29.jpg

Powerful WS-13 Engine. Has higher thrust when compared with RD-93

JF-17+Thunder+C-802A+Anti-Ship+cruise+missile+with+range+of+180+kilometers+255+c803+yj83+PLAAF+Navy+attack+operational+maritime+fighter+jet+pakistan+air+force+china+%25282%2529.jpg

Modern DSI Intakes like F-35 and LERX like F-18

JF-17+Thunder+from+No.+26+16+Squadron+Black+Panthers++Pakistan+Air+Force+%28PAF%29+fighter+duabi+air+show+Pakistan+Air+Force180km+range+C-802A+Anti-ship+Missile,+SD-10A+BVRAAM,+PL-5E+II+WVRAAMLS-6+LT-2LS-500Jcm400+201314151617+%281+%2818%29.jpg

True Multirole Fighter carrying any kind of weapon on board

jf-17_thunder_h4_weapon_load.jpg

jf-17_thunder_hafr_runway_bomb_load.jpg

jf-17_thunder_raad_load.jpg

CM-400 Supersonic Aircraft Carrier Killer with Mach 4.0

8220048265_fddc2a242a_b.jpg

JF-17_Carried_Weapons.jpg

4+ Generation Avionics

jf-17_thunder_cockpit_simulator.jpg

Expect AESA Radar and Better Avionics in Block 2 when it roles out in few months time.

All 1/3rd cost of MIG-29

The JF-17 has no IRST, that is what eppears to be an add on to the pylon. Which will not always be available depending on weapons package and external fuel tanks.

I stand corrected on the in-flight refueling probe. Then again, from what I have been told the JF-17 did not have it to begin with.

The WS-10 is still a dream, even now Chinese drones us RD-93s.

As for AESA radar, I'm sure it much like the WS-10, a lot of talk...

If you cut your sarcasm for once and do Did some research you would have know that by now. The Mig-29 did have malfunctioning avionics when it faced battle, it also was at a disadvantage when it came to pilot training and support aircraft such as AWACs and EW aircraft.

But even worse is is the fact that exported Mig-29s lack certain avionics as well as had downgraded avionics which I will talk about a little latter in this post.

Yeah seems Russia only exports downgraded crap... even Indians are fed up with you guys..

Which in war time make Russians look bad! :lol:

Come back to your senses... take a look at Iraq budget and jet inventory at tht time... they could have bought anything they wanted... and so did the yugos or serbs..!

And AWACs in these wars were never on 24/7 duty... Also at tht encounter after the F-16 shot a mig... 2+ more migs were shot down... unless all of them had crappy avionics/radars!

As for avionics... always been an issue with Russian equipment.. no wonder even Indians tend to replace them with western stuff...

There was another Tornado shot down over Iraq.

Not really... even the 1 tht was "DAMAGED" was claimed to be hit by a SA-7 by RAF... Iraqis claim a mig-29 struck it...

Only during desert storm and those Mig-29s that Iraq had came with downgraded radar, no IFF, downgraded targeting suit and downgraded navigation suit. Kosovo was a different story.

Read above..

Also no R-73s, which was the best missile available for the Mig-29 was equipped on Iraqi Migs. One the other hand the US had the latest aircraft with the latest avionics. Those Iraqi Mig-29s were far inferior to the Mig-29s the Soviet Union operated at the time and with the integration of AWACs the lopsidedness was heavily in favor of the American aircraft.

Cool story although R-73s aren't considered "best" .. refer to the ethipian-eretrian war!!

Even if you take a look at the IFF that Iraqi Mig-29s lacked you would know how crucial that system was. The Iraqi pilots probably, no they certainly had a difficult time identifying who the enemy aircraft were especially when they didn't have the luxury of AWACs. This would explain why Iraqi aircraft on a number of occasions merged with NATO aircraft in order to positively identify friend from foe. With IFF they could have fire at the aircraft without getting close or chose to 'bug out'.

:disagree:

Right, let's take an F-16 block 15 with malfunctioning radar, no IFF, and downgraded navigation and targeting suits, arm it with some of the oldest air-to-air missiles, put in an inexperienced pilot and have it face a modern Mig-29 with AWACs.

This Scenario is so ridiculous and so lopsided yet this was the reality for the Mig-29s. But please do continue pounding your chest :lol:

Funny man... lets forget everything... just read the articles abt mig-29 vs f-16s during mock ex ... again at a disadvantage and inferior...

No one likes it yet countries are purchasing it. Tell me, how many JF-17s or J-10s have been sold again?

Lol.. yeah Burma purchased it.. which already operated them.. and is under sanctions... nice sales pitch...

As for JF-J-10s... new aircrafts...

Stop, you clearly stated that the Mig-29s engines were fuel thirsty, yet I proved that they are more fuel efficient then western engines of the same class and time period. Now you are tripping over your own words and trying trying to change the subject :lol:

Yeah sure a crappy RD-33 beats all with its inreliability,its short life/mentainance issues etc... and yes it sucks the power outta mig-29 .. which again at disadvantage due to its fuel tanks/design... Again read my posts..

I have, I just end up laughing every time.

Me too.. Russian weapons are awesome.. although they tend to fail in combat thanks to nonsense excuses..?

You compare migs to US aircrafts... etc.. seriously? US was flying stealth jets decades ago... you are still struggling/developing one!

While they are working on 6th gen unmanned fighters.... they have UCAVs like Predators,Global hawks etc... while you are buying them from UAE?

So much for an advanced aviation industry.

You could be wrong? yea, you were wrong, the sooner you admit to it the better off you will be.

Didn't I quote the numbers? :lol:

Great debating skilllzzz, you really got me.

Just being frank and truthful..

Intellectual excellence at it's finest.

Thanks.. :lol:

So if I'm a kid how does it feel to lose every argument to a kid? :lol: I could care less about what some guy on a forum claims. Even if it's genuine that he does have experience wight the Mig-29 much of his opinion is bias and not in line with what Israeli Mig-29 test pilots said about the Mig-29, which they claim is on par with the F-16 and in some ways surpasses it. If this guy is truthful I can only imaging what kind of monkey model Mig-29 he flew.....

Lmao... the Israelis gave you a stamo of approval? yet they didn't buy 1 single Russian jet... infact they shot down a few mig-29s themselves...

While countries tht actually operate mig-29s hate it...

As for monkey models... damn bud... india cries abt crappy krasno ammo,crappy missiles,tank ammo,glitchy smerchs,exploding t-72 barrels... etc etc... I wonder why? :rofl:

You have stooped to new lows. The article that was written about the F-16 taking 18 archers was not Russian. and it directly quoted what a German pilot said. In any case your methods are cheap, why don't use the same methods as you and just disregard everything you say since your references are all English/American.

Come on you can do better... show proof not nonsense... f-16 taking 18 archers and yet escaping ...lol

P.S: some software issues...

Sales are irrelevant, but if you consider Israel buying F-16 with aid money and Pakistan receiving donations for free F-16s as well as Egypt then yes they are selling like hot cakes or I should say being donated like hot cakes.

And since when did Pak get those free? did u pay for the 5.6 billion $ for 18 block 52+,weapons,MLU kits etc?

And Egypt.. lol.. they bought quiet a few from TAI...

What abt Norway,Denmark,UAE,Chile,Singapore,Romania,Portugal,Israel,turkey. Jordan etc to name a few

Having history to lies feed their public by Pakistan Armed forces, I didn't doubt about this.

Co story troll .... JFT prog director,PAC are all liars ....that's rich Coming from a guy whose army destroys its own bunkers n gets fake medals apart from other mumbo jumbo...

The real truth would be come out like JF-17 Block I stops only with 50 in numbers and without FOC

The real truth would be come out like JF-17 Block I stops only with 50 in numbers and without FOC

Lmao genius block Is production stopped coz only 50 were planned .. And Block IIs production started... :rofl:

50th and last Block I :

image.jpg

Cry me a river.. :lol:

Yeah seems Russia only exports downgraded crap... even Indians are fed up with you guys..

And you think Pakistan's F-16s are not downgraded? Certain systems on the Mig-29 will always be downgraded or removed altogether but in the case of India, India always receives the better versions compared with other countries mostly because the Arabs have a history of defectons and letting westerners inspect their aircraft. In fact India operates some of the most advanced aircraft in the world because they have the option of integrating, French, Israeli, or their own avionics, along with the Russian ones that come with the aircraft all of this is possible through open architecture as well as Russia's willingness to allow it, and of course only privileged countries are sold Israli and French systems. Pakistan was denied French avionics.

Come back to your senses... take a look at Iraq budget and jet inventory at tht time... they could have bought anything they wanted... and so did the yugos or serbs..!

And your point is......?

And AWACs in these wars were never on 24/7 duty... Also at tht encounter after the F-16 shot a mig... 2+ more migs were shot down... unless all of them had crappy avionics/radars!

You are very dishonest and have tendencies of making claims without verification. The E-3 flew 5,052 hours during Desert storm, do the math, the air campaign only lasted about a month. Moreover, 38 of 41 aircraft that were destroyed during Desert Storm were aided with AWACs. Yugoslovia also involved 4,800 flight hours from AWACs. AWACs aircraft detect targets for other aircraft well before those aircraft can themselves detect them. This means that without AWACs Iraqi aircraft could have flew right up to NATO aircraft and fired at them without the NATO aircraft ever knowing that the Iraqis were there. Yet the opposite occurred, AWACs vectored NATO aircraft to the best possible attack position to Stay out of Iraqi radar, in essence in Iraqis didn't know they were being detected.

As for avionics... always been an issue with Russian equipment.. no wonder even Indians tend to replace them with western stuff...

Do some research, many countries have replaced American avionics in their F-16s such as Israel, Japan, and Turkey to an extent.

The Indians replace certain systems because Russia allows it, France and Isreal also allow it. If Russia said no then it wouldn't happen. It makes me wonder, do other countries allow that kind of freedom with their aircraft? Do other countries have the privilege of purchasing from France and Israel? In Pakistan's case it tried to purchase French avionics for the Rafale but was denied.

In any case, if the Indians had F-16s they would try to replace certain systems too just like many other countries have done so with the F-16.

Cool story although R-73s aren't considered "best" .. refer to the ethipian-eretrian war!!

I have read the reports and I suspect you are quoting wekepedia which has no reference. The reports I have read was that those missiles were fired out of range. We have plenty of evidence of the R-73 hitting its target on the first attempt, such incident include the Georgian UAV that filmed an R-73 destroying it. We have demonstration videos of R-73s hitting drones or other aerial targets on first attempts, ect. Even old R-60s have destroyed many aircraft.

A missile hitting it's target depends on the following:

--Range

--Vector

--Clouds

--Evasive maneuvers

--Counter measures

When the R-73 is within range, it hits it's target with a high degree of accuracy which we have video proof of.

Funny man... lets forget everything... just read the articles abt mig-29 vs f-16s during mock ex[B/] ... again at a disadvantage and inferior...

No let's forget everything and read your forum post about the F-16 vs Mig-29 and take it as a gods sent. Talk is cheap, the guy bags on the Mig-29 yet in mock exercises the Mig-29 handily beats the F-16 even with mechanical flight controls, anolog cockpit and whatever else that guy was crying about which looks that much worse for you and the author of the post.

As much as your source which you quoted from a forum tries to slam the old Mig-29 and even goes as far as claiming that the F-16 is a more maneuverable platform :lol: the Mig-29 wiped the floor with the F-16. The Germans as well as the Israelis debunked much of the claims in the article. Moreover, even if we take those claims at face value, all of the issues he complained about were fixed long ago, such as pilots interface, mechanical flight controls, ect. At the end of the day, the article was a chest thumping peice written by America strong!!!

Lol.. yeah Burma purchased it.. which already operated them.. and is under sanctions... nice sales pitch...

As for JF-J-10s... new aircrafts...

This is comical, you are bagging on the Mig-29 claiming that it has no sales thus it must be junk. Yet no one has bought any JF-17s or J-10s. The J-10 is also not that new, nor is that a big factor considering the F-35 is still in development but has many countries lined up to buy it. It should also be noted that Mig-29s have recently seen sales to Syria, India, and Russia, go back a number of years earlier and the sales list includes more customers. So how are the JF-17 and J-10 sales working out again?

Yeah sure a crappy RD-33 beats all with its inreliability,its short life/mentainance issues etc...

First you made the claim that the RD-33 is fuel thirsty, when I proved you wrong you change the subject. How many times have you done so already? Too many to remember by now. The RD-33 has also seen many variants and improvements. The WS-13 which is so highly praised and still under development is said to have a life cycle of 2,200 hours while operational RD-33s are lasting 4,000 hours.

and yes it sucks the power outta mig-29 .. which again at disadvantage due to its fuel tanks/design... Again read my posts..

Moron post. The Mig-29 has one of the highest thrust to weight ratios of any aircraft to ever fly. I'm also not sure how a jet engine can "suck the power outta [a] mig-29" Care to elaborate, never mind don't waste my time, it's obvious you don't know what you are talking about. Its also about time you live in the present, you keep quoting or making reference to old Mig-29 variants, if you did some research you would know that fuel capacity has been increased on Mig-29s.

I might as well start claiming that F-16s have no BVR capability because the earlier variants did not, then again I would never stoop to the levels of using outdated information to further my agenda if I was losing an argument like you are. Notice the pattern, you are ignoring the capabilities of modern Mig-29s and instead bring up ancient Mig-29s.

Me too.. Russian weapons are awesome.. although they tend to fail in combat thanks to nonsense excuses..?

This is rich, the Pakistanis sure did not have a problem using Russian Mig-21s to shoot down Israelis when the Arabs were taking heavy losses using the same aircraft. It just shows how better training makes all the difference. I also fail to see how Mig-29s using older Missiles, having no AWACs, no IFF, inferior pilots, malfunctioning avionics, ect is a nonsense excuse. :lol:

Didn't I quote the numbers?

Yes you did, And in the process you proved my point that you were wrong because those numbers were far from the claim of 38 that you made.

While countries tht actually operate mig-29s hate it...

Right, because you say so? Countries that have had problems with Mig-29 were because of age and the cost of upgrading those aircraft and not because they "hate it". The Polish aquired more Mig-29s from the Germans and upgraded them, they plan to keep those Mig-29s operational for a very long time, why because they have the money.

if you consider Israel buying F-16 with aid money and Pakistan receiving donations for free F-16s as well as Egypt then yes they are selling like hot cakes or I should say being donated like hot cakes.
And since when did Pak get those free? did u pay for the 5.6 billion $ for 18 block 52+,weapons,MLU kits etc?

No I did not pay for those F-16s US tax dollars did.[/b]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom