What's new

Russia is seriously concerned over JF-17's take over on MiG-29

Thats a very good point regarding the engine.

I forgot JF17 is powered by a Russian engine.

So those 6 planes going to sri lanka wihich is causing a concern to russian sales may be abruptly sabotaged by russia saying sorry no 6 engines for sri lanka..

PS are russian stil selling migs.

i though it was all sukhoi flankers now and future pak fa

So those 6 planes going to sri lanka wihich is causing a concern to russian sales may be abruptly sabotaged by russia saying sorry no 6 engines for sri lanka..

That means that Sri lankan version might have Chinese engine.

Russians have signed guarantees not to mess with engine supply during exports, if so, there are severe penalties imposed. Thats why Russians will not mess. Both China and Pakistan have confirmed it multiple times.

Russians have signed guarantees not to mess with engine supply during exports, if so, there are severe penalties imposed. Thats why Russians will not mess. Both China and Pakistan have confirmed it multiple times.

Oh i see so because of these severe penalties the russians would rather see their combat fighter planes diminish in the face oo this threat from JF17 thunder export drive.

Silly russians signed their own death warrant

pakistan has created its first multirole combat aircraft pakistan is selling it in low price only to muslim countries pakistan will not sell it in low price to any non muslim country our government only support muslim countries.
what if china wants to sell it, its as much their aircraft as yours .. :)

That means that Sri lankan version might have Chinese engine.

Would this be the Chinese engine that requires servicing every 30 hours? Even the dumbest of countries would say "no thank you"

There's a reason why the Chinese 5th gen prototypes still use the AL-31 engines... its because the Chinese engines are a good 10 years away from being considered a viable replacement for the Russian alternatives. And somehow Pakistan wants to export a fighter built by China with Russian Engines into the global market and you think the Russians are worried? Russians are probably all laughing their butts off.

Oh i see so because of these severe penalties the russians would rather see their combat fighter planes diminish in the face oo this threat from JF17 thunder export drive.

Silly russians signed their own death warrant

they saw an opportunity to make money, thats all

Dazzler these severe penalties ..

How you intend to enforce them on country like Russia

Would this be the Chinese engine that requires servicing every 30 hours? Even the dumbest of countries would say "no thank you"

There's a reason why the Chinese 5th gen prototypes still use the AL-31 engines... its because the Chinese engines are a good 10 years away from being considered a viable replacement for the Russian alternatives. And somehow Pakistan wants to export a fighter built by China with Russian Engines into the global market and you think the Russians are worried? Russians are probably all laughing their butts off.

the original WS-10xx had a mtbo of less than 400 hours, there are two more WS-10 variants having a higher mtbo, thats why we see them more commonly now on j-11 series instead of al-31s.

Dazzler these severe penalties ..

How you intend to enforce them on country like Russia

not me, China, their largest export customer to date ;)

China has over 10 times as many engineers as Russia does. WS-10A is ready within a few years. I always say, those who laugh last, laugh best. :p:

As for the 30 hours, that was 5 years ago. J-16 powered by two WS-10A engines, is already deemed satisfactory.

Last edited:

Are you an Indian by any chance?

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom