What's new

Replacement of Pakistan Army's G-3 Rifles.

which?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The G3 was chosen because it was the ideal weapons to fight the Indians with because of its long range, sturdiness and the fact that its cheap. Its a perfect weapon for long range combat in was very common in 1971/1999 wars, and the most recent border skirmishes with India. But in close range combat its like clearing a building with a long musket. The length of the gun renders it barely useful in CQC. Pak Army is in a mess right now, instantly switching from conventional warfare to unconventional warfare. Although there are some MP-95s that are present in the war in Northwest Pakistan the G3 is still the standard and dominant rifle in the conflict. Should we replace our standard rifle with a rifle that is relevant in both conventional and unconventional warfare?

M4 is probably the most balanced
but I would say

M4
HK-416
AUG
AK-74U

but I would say

M4
HK-416
AUG
AK-74U

M4 jams too much
HK-416 is too expensive although it's the best option (so, only for Special forces)
AUG is affordable
AK-74U is much cheaper and lighter

M4 jams too much
HK-416 is too expensive although it's the best option (so, only for Special forces)
AUG is affordable

M4 jams to much :rofl:

We already have M4 not only with SSG but also with some regular units in FATA

The G3 was chosen because it was the ideal weapons to fight the Indians with because of its long range, sturdiness and the fact that its cheap. Its a perfect weapon for long range combat in was very common in 1971/1999 wars, and the most recent border skirmishes with India. But in close range combat its like clearing a building with a long musket. The length of the gun renders it barely useful in CQC. Pak Army is in a mess right now, instantly switching from conventional warfare to unconventional warfare. Although there are some MP-95s that are present in the war in Northwest Pakistan the G3 is still the standard and dominant rifle in the conflict. Should we replace our standard rifle with a rifle that is relevant in both conventional and unconventional warfare?
We cannot have a single gun for both conventional and unconventional roles.Different variants of the same gun can be used though.
G3 can be replaced with turkish MPT76.While AK`s and M4`s already are doing good in unconventional warfare

Well we should but it seem POF has done some major changes in G3 for its current needs

And test them on you :D

LoveIcon is one and only, so can't take chances but there are many like you and your friends on whom we are already testing many weapons, test one more weapon will not make any difference :angel:

but I would say

M4
HK-416
AUG
AK-74U

Pakistan should go for either SCAR-H or HK-417. Right now, i don't think that there is any plan to replace those battle rifles. However when we do, we need to get the best on the market because we will use them for next 40 odd years.

I think that any future weapon that PA adopts should be based on the AK (i.e long stroke gas piston, simple design, rugged, reliable etc)...the 7.62 x 51 should NOT be replaced by the 5.56 x 45. Pakistan needs to develop a rifle with interchangeable calibers (7.62 x 51 and 7.62 x 39 preferably) for different purposes. The barrel for the 7.62 x 39 should be short for CQB. An alternative for CQB could be a HK MP7 style SMG chambered in 7.62 x 25 (.30 bore).
The Turkish MPT also looks good.
I however don't believe in the "bulk of fire" philosophy that is so common these days...I believe that marksmanship needs to be emphasized. For that purpose the G3 is still brilliant.

We already have M4 not only with SSG but also with some regular units in FATA

We cannot have a single gun for both conventional and unconventional roles.Different variants of the same gun can be used though.
G3 can be replaced with turkish MPT76.While AK`s and M4`s already are doing good in unconventional warfare
Yes it does, Google it.

but I would say

M4
HK-416
AUG
AK-74U
M4 jams too much
AUG is affordable
Has anyone defined the PA's requirements for an assault refile and where/how the G-3 (or its upgraded versions) fail to meet to those requirements and whether the rifles mentioned above (or any others) would do a significantly better job of meeting those requirements?

Has anyone defined the PA's requirements for an assault refile and where/how the G-3 (or its upgraded versions) fail to meet to those requirements and whether the rifles mentioned above (or any others) would do a significantly better job of meeting those requirements?

Above all, Army would like to stick to 7.62mm rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom