What's new

Qatar Airways donates Airbus to Pakistan

Two other points. USAID not being available in India is misleading. That does not mean that India does not receive aid. There is a considerable presence of NGOs bringing in funding from outside and there are still ongoing USAID projects in India that have not ended as of yet.

Lastly, Pakistan and India are indeed third world countries but there are things in which India is worse off than Pakistan (in other words more third world than even Pakistan). Overall both are in a sorry state.

We have some NGO's who relentlessly work on principles of spreading their religions :(

Can you elaborate what are the things in India that are worse than pakistan, I believe reverse way is also true.

pakistan and qatar share common ties qatar petrolium is also keen to buy pso when it is privitised..maybe they are also interested in pia..i think this gesture is a way to please mushy for privitisation and other deals..qatar also has got substancial stake in pakistan refinery and national refinery

indians are always pissed off when ever pakistan has even have a penny to smile about and especially when it recieves any support from china arab countries america and lobbies hard thorugh israel zionist to block and wall

Donation is a Donation. You dont gift a used car do you. And ther is nothing wrong with it, it was not too long ago , India needed donations to survive some time ago.

:rofl: :rofl: when used books can be an important gift so can be a plane...and there are many people who gift used cars especially those ones that are precious...i have heard many people of your country saying pakistyan does not deserve the support and this and that..if india got something like this it would have also accepted straight away..i dont care if its a donation or gift and were not embarrased to accept it as donation,,,btw you are forgetting india still gets a lot of donations from international organisations like oxfam who are working onmany projects..mittal recently started free schools and stuff in his hometown,,,the poverty line in india is no better than pakistan..many areas where india is more worse than pakistan,,:confused: :angel:

Dude, if PAF could not AFFORD the plane, then i would NOT have said this. I mentioned my view freely because i know that PAF can buy such planes it , and YET it is accepting such donations. Lets call a spade as a spade.
Its about national pride too man. This is just a plane, and not an aircraft carrier. It would be reported world over, Pakistan was donated a plane by an 'airlines'. Do you get me? Dont take what i said the wrong way.

when something is for free there should be no hesitation in accepting that saudia arabia donated or gifted oil worth more than $10 us dollars to pakistan after 99 militar take over so why would we not accept it..if the media says the whole world knows pakistan is a porr country..when the whole world talks about massive poverty in india can india in return say we would not accept it as we are rich? saudia donated or gifted $100us million after september 11 to america....kawait gave millions of dollars to america after hurricane katrina....so what did the world's richest have to say

We have some NGO's who relentlessly work on principles of spreading their religions :(

Can you elaborate what are the things in India that are worse than pakistan, I believe reverse way is also true.

much worse some of them are suicide rates ,aids rate diabetes rate and other dieases trhat dont in the limelight

Yes and that is why I stated "I am not prone to making adverse comments about India just because quite a lot of it reflects what goes on in Pakistan too".

Having said that, simply the number of poor in India dwarf those in Pakistan by a ratio of 6:1. You can look at numbers like % living under $2 dollars a day to get an idea. Access to clean water, power etc. again the sheer numbers are insane in India (percentage wise they maybe higher in Pakistan, however the absolute number of poor in India is staggering). Educationally your population is better off than Pakistan so there are plus and minus on both sides but neither side can claim to be drastically better off than the other in my opinion.

:rofl: :rofl: when used books can be an important gift so can be a plane...and there are many people who gift used cars especially those ones that are precious...i have heard many people of your country saying pakistyan does not deserve the support and this and that..if india got something like this it would have also accepted straight away..i dont care if its a donation or gift and were not embarrased to accept it as donation,,,btw you are forgetting india still gets a lot of donations from international organisations like oxfam who are working onmany projects..mittal recently started free schools and stuff in his hometown,,,the poverty line in india is no better than pakistan..many areas where india is more worse than pakistan,,:confused: :angel:

proper english

much worse some of them are suicide rates ,aids rate diabetes rate and other dieases trhat dont in the limelight

Are you out of your mind ? Can you tell me how many persons have disappeared in Pakistan just a week back SC also asked for report.
So there are no AIDS patient in Pakistan mind you its an imported disease, No Diabetics no other disease which of them are not in Limelight ?.

Do check check for comparisons from links below.

Yes and that is why I stated "I am not prone to making adverse comments about India just because quite a lot of it reflects what goes on in Pakistan too".

Having said that, simply the number of poor in India dwarf those in Pakistan by a ratio of 6:1. You can look at numbers like % living under $2 dollars a day to get an idea. Access to clean water, power etc. again the sheer numbers are insane in India (percentage wise they maybe higher in Pakistan, however the absolute number of poor in India is staggering). Educationally your population is better off than Pakistan so there are plus and minus on both sides but neither side can claim to be drastically better off than the other in my opinion.

Yes Absolutely, Rate of poverty is declining fast in India, In absolute terms India has more poors because its population is much more than pakistan.

Here is the data for Poverty

Pakistan
https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/pk.html
Poverty - 24% (FY05/06 est.)

India
https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/in.html
25% (2002 est.)

Do see that India's figures are from 2002 and Pakistan's figures are from 2005/06. So going by the rate of development India would have less percentage of poors.

Haseeb, India did not accept any donations for the Tsunami. It was a quite talked bout thing. I read some french articles that India was being snobbish, and whatnot by refusing aid. The other articles were that European countries still had a colonial mentality and they felt tad affronted because their aid was refused. Cuz what we can manage we should manage. Anyways, forget this entire issue.

Haseeb, India did not accept any donations for the Tsunami. It was a quite talked bout thing. I read some french articles that India was being snobbish, and whatnot by refusing aid. The other articles were that European countries still had a colonial mentality and they felt tad affronted because their aid was refused. Cuz what we can manage we should manage. Anyways, forget this entire issue.

That was indeed a very strange decision indian government took, and i was quite astonished while i was following all the news about tsunami disaster. Ca'nt believe the govent let that happen, majority of people left alone with nothing and provided with no aid which the govnt actually promised. Was'nt sure why did they do that, was it "pride" or other political reasons.

That was indeed a very strange decision indian government took, and i was quite astonished while i was following all the news about tsunami disaster. Ca'nt believe the govent let that happen, majority of people left alone with nothing and provided with no aid which the govnt actually promised. Was'nt sure why did they do that, was it "pride" or other political reasons.

Still India did provided financial assistance totaling $22.5 million to Sri-Lanka, Maldives, Indonesia and Thailand .This was appreciated by lots of countries.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/01/06/bloomberg/sxmuk.php

The figure was over 15000 for India, India had provided good amount of Aid in Tamilnadu, I did hear reports that middle men gobbled some and some of the affected one did'nt get aid.

Im not talking about the other countries, im talking about the people in south side of india.....

Do u know how many people died aftrwards

India had the money, so it did not ask for it, I dont see any probs with; even with all our problems. The money was delieverd to the various state governments, but as usually corruption; some of them kept it for themselves, even though the books show they have been disperesed, Some of these people were caught by the Tamil nadu police.I am from the south and i know about the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom