What's new

Qatar Airways donates Airbus to Pakistan

Maybe Qatar wants to be protected by the Pakistani Nuclear missiles

Damn...I missed that again. :wall:
I agree, I don't always get sarcasm...:read:

Im sorry to say this quite bluntly, why the hell is PAF accepting donated items from Qatar airways? its a bit humiliating isnt it? I am sure PAF has enough funds to buy new aircrafts if they required it.

Im sorry to say this quite bluntly, why the hell is PAF accepting donated items from Qatar airways? its a bit humiliating isnt it? I am sure PAF has enough funds to buy new aircrafts if they required it.

Perhaps you dont understand, its a "gift" not a "donation", and its the media is using the word donation, which probably will help the airliner with its competition with other lines especially Emirates.

Perhaps you dont understand, its a "gift" not a "donation", and its the media is using the word donation, which probably will help the airliner with its competition with other lines especially Emirates.

Donation is a Donation. You dont gift a used car do you. And ther is nothing wrong with it, it was not too long ago , India needed donations to survive some time ago.

It is good the PAF got this aircraft for free. Musharaf does not need to spend any more of the public's money on buying his own private fleet. :agree:

You dont gift a used car do you. And ther is nothing wrong with it,

I can do that, why not!!! gift is a gift, and indeed that aircraft is gift, name it whatever you like and offcourse there's nothing wrong with the donation thing. i was clearin my point why the media use the word donation in order to beef up the image of Qatar airways.

Accepting the donation doesnt have the same PR tag as giving it,
Though I dont think it is wrong, We are all Third world countries, and we do need a lil bit of help

What difference does it make, its not a matter of national pride but strengthening brotherly ties with a friendly muslim country.

An opportunity unfolded and we got the plance for some political reason, not coz we can't afford it. :rolleyes:

That is the difference between a gift and a donation.

Ok its is a donation...not sure why our Indian friends are acting like they have never seen donations (last I remember, Russians donated an AC which you had to upgrade yourself...but at least you did not pay for the aircraft carrier itself). They were willing to part with it and you thought it made sense for you to get it so you took it...don't see much of a difference here...

Now why is it that I smell this better than thou attitude from our Indian friends lately? USAID is still providing aid and donations in India (after having spent $14 billion dollars in the country which is equal to $57 billion dollars in today's dollars)...so lets get a little humility up in here folks!!! :disagree:

Ok its is a donation...not sure why our Indian friends are acting like they have never seen donations (last I remember, Russians donated an AC which you had to upgrade yourself...but at least you did not pay for the aircraft carrier itself). They were willing to part with it and you thought it made sense for you to get it so you took it...don't see much of a difference here...

Now why is it that I smell this better than thou attitude from our Indian friends lately? USAID is still providing aid and donations in India (after having spent $14 billion dollars in the country which is equal to $57 billion dollars in today's dollars)...so lets get a little humility up in here folks!!! :disagree:

Dude, if PAF could not AFFORD the plane, then i would NOT have said this. I mentioned my view freely because i know that PAF can buy such planes it , and YET it is accepting such donations. Lets call a spade as a spade.
Its about national pride too man. This is just a plane, and not an aircraft carrier. It would be reported world over, Pakistan was donated a plane by an 'airlines'. Do you get me? Dont take what i said the wrong way.

Back
Top Bottom