What's new

PTI Election Campaign: News & Updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, we will find out what he can do from what he can say when the rubber meets the road. I, for one has no astronomical hopes, all i desire is for him to increase education spending to 5% of GDP, increase tax blanket to 15% and growing, rebuild and liberate national institutions and de-politicize them, handover land records to NADRA, take drastic steps towards ending the energy crisis with a strategic vision, re-start industrialization, build ties with our neighbors,narrow Pakistan's f.policy down to regional diplomacy and trade as top of the pyramid, end Pakistans membership of MNNA and CHOGAM,replace it with SCO,re-invent ECO and apply for observer status in GCC.
@Yzd Khalifa

That, Sir, is a very long and hard list of achievements that you have lined up. I will settle for the first three only: 5% spending on education, 15% tax blanket and rebuilding independent national institutions. The rest can follow.

Last edited by a moderator:
That, Sir, is a very long and hard list of achievements that you have lined up. I will settle for the first three only: 5% spending on education, 15% tax blanket and rebuilding independent national institutions. The rest can follow.

Please read my post again as i have updated it with a few points.

And i disagree, as most of the FP related suggestions are already in place, all that is needed is a streamlined FP vision, drafted and agreed upon by the parliament. We already are in SCO as an observer,we founded ECO,can join GCC and we can unilaterally withdraw from MNNA and CHOGAM without much fuss. Pakistan should look inwards for next -20-30 years, realize its potential and then go to the world to be accepted as a powerful kingmaker.

Please read my post again as i have updated it with a few points.

And i disagree, as most of the FP related suggestions are already in place, all that is needed is a streamlined FP vision, drafted and agreed upon by the parliament. We already are in SCO as an observer,we founded ECO,can join GCC and we can unilaterally withdraw from MNNA and CHOGAM without much fuss. Pakistan should look inwards for next -20-30 years, realize its potential and then go to the world to be accepted as a powerful kingmaker.

I admire your enthusiasm Sir, but please keep in mind who actually controls our foreign policy. They will decide what happens.

I admire your enthusiasm Sir, but please keep in mind who actually controls our foreign policy. They will decide what happens.

Jo naughty dayvey look, ou banda lainde chook,,,,, Unhi ki to baat nahi kar rahy app?

They are able to do it, only because the civilian govt is incompetent and unable to run a national interest oriented FP which leaves room for them to do as they please. Turkey is an example for us to follow in this regard. If IK proves to be a strong willful leader, he can get the FP out of the Khaki grips,starting with fiscal discipline and being able to pay for the national defense budget and hardware acquisitions from our own pocket.

Nahi Sir jee, meri kia majaal keh mein kuch unkey khilaaf kahoon. Mein to unkey azmat ko saloot kerta hoon.

Mjh haqeer,faqeer aur nacheez ko bhe line shine mai lagwa dai may bhe General azmat ko saloot kar saku :partay:

They are able to do it, only because the civilian govt is incompetent and unable to run a national interest oriented FP which leaves room for them to do as they please. Turkey is an example for us to follow in this regard. If IK proves to be a strong willful leader, he can get the FP out of the Khaki grips.

Sir, you are making the assumption that they will give up the authority if they deem the civilian government "competent enough". In other words, "as long as you do what we say, you will be allowed to do it". In case of a difference of opinions, we will soon find out who is still the real boss.

Sir, you are making the assumption that they will give up the authority if they deem the civilian government "competent enough". In other words, "as long as you do what we say, you will be allowed to do it". In case of a difference of opinions, we will soon find out who is still the real boss.

"Turkey is an example for us to follow in this regard. If IK proves to be a strong willful leader, he can get the FP out of the Khaki grips,starting with fiscal discipline and being able to pay for the national defense budget and hardware acquisitions from our own pocket.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/national-political-issues/247051-pti-election-campaign-news-updates-137.html#ixzz2SYykmpcw"

Money, sir, money...this is how a civilian govt can take FP back from the Khakis.

Money, sir, money...this is how a civilian govt can take FP back from the Khakis.

Good point. With 91% of the existing revenue committed to debt servicing and the military, there is very little room to maneuver, but a clever cabinet to make it work I suppose, if the tax blanket goes up to 15%, and they keep control over the additional revenue.

AF-PAK policy and CSF funds are directly managed by Khakis. In last 6 months, i never heard Any military or Civilian leader of American government met with High ranking Civilians of ours. They only met Khakis or foreign office team

AF-PAK policy and CSF funds are directly managed by Khakis. In last 6 months, i never heard Any military or Civilian leader of American government met with High ranking Civilians of ours. They only met Khakis or foreign office team

Foreigners go where the power is. Woh be unkey azmat ko saloot kernay key liyay aatey hongay. Iss mein kia burai hey aakhir?

Good point. With 91% of the existing revenue committed to debt servicing and the military, there is very little room to maneuver, but a clever cabinet to make it work I suppose, if the tax blanket goes up to 15%, and they keep control over the additional revenue.

It depends on the public mandate PTI receives, and i disagree with your 91% figure.

It depends on the public mandate PTI receives, and i disagree with your 91% figure.

Let's hope the nation decides wisely in a few days.

And you may disagree with the 91% figure, but I will maintain that it is accurate, respectfully.

Let's hope the nation decides wisely in a few days.

And you may disagree with the 91% figure, but I will maintain that it is accurate, respectfully.

We can agree to disagree and sip coffee...

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom