What's new

Partition of India: Origin of Hatred

I would argue that the British Raj was a good thing for the muslims in sub-continent because by the time of Bahadur Shah Zafar in 1850s, the Mughals were at their weakest and their decline had become inevitable.

If the british had not taken control of the sub-continent at that crucial time in history, then the Hindu Marathas and sikhs in western india and punjab would have become the dominant force all over sub-continent and Muslims would have been forced to live under their Hindu Raj. I think that would have been even more disastrous for the muslims than the white man's british raj ?

The British raj filled that power vacuum at a crucial time in history, and allowed the muslims to regroup first under Sir Syed Ahmad khan's leadership, who worked for the educational upliftment of muslims in the late 1800s and later the Quaid-e-Azam's muslim league fought to ensure that we have Pakistan and the hindu baniyas don't rule over the entire sub-continent

Actually after some time of Aurangzeb's death in 1707, Marathas had become the dominant power in India and remained so for the most of 18th century and sikhs were the dominant power in the region of modern day Pakistan in the same period.You did live under Maratha and Sikh dominated India in the 18th century before the British took over in a major way.

What he said was right

No it's not. First of all I would like to tell u India is not a country of religious fanatics. There are many other important priorities in life which people has to do rather than always sitting with religion. I have friends across religions in India and I know that very well. I am even unable to recall any religious discussions among us.

Bdw many Pakistanis will always say that. But it really doesn't matter to us. However Pakistan try to establish friendship with Sikhs, Sikhs never favor them. That's the reason most Pakistani Sikhs have migrated to India as they consider India their homeland. Currently only .06% of Sikhs comprises Pak population and that proves it.Actually it's not abnormal though. India broke Pakistan in 2 halves hence Pakistan always try to take revenge by trying to break communal harmony in which they miserably fail every time.

1 more thing I won't say all Pakistanis are such dumbs. I have Pakistani friends. They are hell and heaven different from the Pdf fanatics. According to them Pakistan is going to hell because of such religious fanaticism.

you dont have separate marriage act, by and large govt. considers you hindu

No the govt doesnt consider us hindu..just a marriage act doesnt make us more sikh in pakistan than in India.

No the govt doesnt consider us hindu..just a marriage act doesnt make us more sikh in pakistan than in India.

you celebrate holi and diwali with hindus. all this jain sikh buddhist are hindu only

No it's not. First of all I would like to tell u India is not a country of religious fanatics. There are many other important priorities in life which people has to do rather than always sitting with religion. I have friends across religions in India and I know that very well. I am even unable to recall any religious discussions among us.

Bdw many Pakistanis will always say that. But it really doesn't matter to us. However Pakistan try to establish friendship with Sikhs, Sikhs never favor them. That's the reason most Pakistani Sikhs have migrated to India as they consider India their homeland. Currently only .06% of Sikhs comprises Pak population and that proves it.Actually it's not abnormal though. India broke Pakistan in 2 halves hence Pakistan always try to take revenge by trying to break communal harmony in which they miserably fail every time.

1 more thing I won't say all Pakistanis are such dumbs. I have Pakistani friends. They are hell and heaven different from the Pdf fanatics. According to them Pakistan is going to hell because of such religious fanaticism.

99.99% of your post is based on assumption that i tried to make Indian fight where actually it was Indian Sikh who made clarification - i backed him up because he is not the first who said this, I have worked with & met enough share of Sikhs and heard it before - Just little search on youtube will also get videos (Indian not Canadian) complaining about this. I myself had lengthy debate with a Hindu - who was hell bent to prove that Sikhism is branch of Hinduism.

And i won't say all Indians are such dumbs (Although an Indian Justice said that repeatedly). I have also have India friends and yeah they are hell and heaven different from internet Indians. And an Indian don't need to criticize India or praise Pakistan to be in my good book.

99.99% of your post is based on assumption that i tried to make Indian fight where actually it was Indian Sikh who made clarification - i backed him up because he is not the first who said this, I have worked with & met enough share of Sikhs and heard it before - Just little search on youtube will also get videos (Indian not Canadian) complaining about this. I myself had lengthy debate with a Hindu - who was hell bent to prove that Sikhism is branch of Hinduism.

And i won't say all Indians are such dumbs (Although an Indian Justice said that repeatedly). I have also have India friends and yeah they are hell and heaven different from internet Indians. And an Indian don't need to criticize India or praise Pakistan to be in my good book.

What kind of assumptions u are saying and I think u are among the unlucky ones who met such a dumb head hindu. Fortunately U never met. You might have met a couple of Sikhs who think so. But does it mean the whole Sikh community thinks so. I have met many Sikhs and have friends who never think so.

1 example whether Sikhs are closer to Ind or Pak ...... Gurinder Chadha.... a Famous British Sikh director is making a Hollywood film on Partition. She'll shoot the film in a number of locations in India. She also stated that we won't be shooting in Pakistan as I think we don't require that. Google it and there's the article.

Indian Constitution. Article 25 , The word Sikh in explanation II, of sub-clause (b) of Clause 2 of Article 25 of Constitution of India. Legally assimilates Sikhism into Hinduism. On the basis of above mentioned explanation II, Supreme Court of India has given judgment that Sikhs are part of wider Hindu Community. Thus Indian Constitution treats Sikhism as a sect of Hinduism and not an independent religion.

Now all that tells me is that Sikh is a Hindu, even though a Sikh might not agree that he is a Hindu, but officially he is.

What kind of assumptions u are saying and I think u are among the unlucky ones who met such a dumb head hindu. Fortunately U never met. You might have met a couple of Sikhs who think so. But does it mean the whole Sikh community thinks so. I have met many Sikhs and have friends who never think so.

1 example whether Sikhs are closer to Ind or Pak ...... Gurinder Chadha.... a Famous British Sikh director is making a Hollywood film on Partition. She'll shoot the film in a number of locations in India. She also stated that we won't be shooting in Pakistan as I think we don't require that. Google it and there's the article.

Yeah - I can't meet more than couple of Sikhs but you know all of them personally and what stupid example you are giving? I am talking about Sikh feels offended when their religion is clubbed with Hinduism and you are talking about Sikh director will not shoot film in Pakistan?

I am not sure why everyone is all gassing on about partition, its done and dusted, too much had changed centuries ago, it would have been the power struggle between Muslims and Hindus, sikhs etc.

Arguments come forward we are same people, not really if that was the case then history of past 1000 years would be very different, people have changed interbred. mix, there were those who didn't mix or absorb the change.

Partition happened long time ago way before 1947, partioned happened with the fall of mughals.

Some chap in here said why can't we have a border like usa, Canada, are you for real mate.

Sikhs are a part of the dharmic religions born in India. It is called a separate Indian religion from Hinduism.

I don't know which hindu was calling sikhism as a branch of hinduism. Never met such a hindu myself in India all my life.I don't know where you seek out such guys from.

But one thing is there, i have seen plenty of Hindus who revere the Sikh gurus and visit gurudwaras and many Sikhs who worship Hindu dieties and visit mandirs (temples) especially of the Hindu godesses (matas). Perhaps that is why some Hindus may feel like the sikhs are the same as hindus because of the commonalities.

No its not the hatred's origin. we should have moved on, but both countries didnt, Neither india nor Pakistan tried to sugar the relations. so i would blame both not one.

Back
Top Bottom