What's new

Pakistan's Nuclear Submarine Development | News and Discussions

Having a nuclear sub marine is one thing and capability of firing an underwater submarine launched nuclear capable missile is a completely different thing.

Having nuclear Subs not in any way implies that the concept of TRAID defence is complete.
unlike PA & and PAF, right now PN doesn't have any provision to launch nuclear strike

Its not just about having nuclear subs. Its a matter of prestige for PN now.

I bet they are going so bankrupt soviet style soon....
Increasing defence budget is asking for trouble ouch
Pakistan cannot get nuke sub from china as they have signed NPT!
They have to make it on their own which needs research facilities which pakistan cant afford.
Please I am not trolling, I am just stating the facts

From the day one Pakistan came into being......peoples were saying this country can't last long even for few years.....but this country is still here.....even after 1965 and 1971 war (separation of one part now Bangladesh) peoples were saying now this country is finish...but we are still here.....even now body expected we can make Nukes, Missiles, Fighters and Submrines, weather indegenously or with outside help.....but we did it.........so don't worry we still be there after making such nuclear subs.....

according to my sources (which i cannot quote) Gen Musharaf had asked navy to proceed with in-country building nuclear sub by fitting nuclear reactor inside agosta 90B submarines. and subsequently team of professionals conducted study and concluded that nuclear reactor cannot be installed inside agosta due space constraints, no matter how miniature reactor we make.

In my openion, Qing class from china are being procured to install a pak made nuclear reactor in order to convert it into a nuclear sub.

note: its just my assumption keeping the above information in mind but i cannot prove it.

Just for the info..India is going to make 3 more ....
l wonder what would be Pakistan plan would be...make more nuclear submarines

How can we compare the needs of India & Pakistan Navy, India has a vast area of sea to cover, where as Pakistan just need 1 or 2 sub for defensive purpose- I appreciate Pakistans use of their resources for defense and the way they do it without any high claims - yes pakistans hope can be cherished only once the economy is driven back to a normal or above growth level

The statement may be a self-Morale one.. as I dont see the need for a Nuclear Submarine for Pakistan.
Unless the idea is to have one permanently(or in tense times) on station somewhere off the Indian east coast.
A very expensive proposition indeed.

Similar tasks can be accomplished by larger diesel electrics of the sort the Qing class is..
with acceptable efficiency.

In reality PN does not need one as per their nuclear doctrine is concerned. But Im sure, by the signals we are getting....PN is working on it and will release it for sea trails with in 5-7 years. Afterall matching in India one by one is a morale boost. \

Im waiting for carrier announcement from PN ;)

public service development program psdp ---- rs 730 bn up 58%

development budget for national highway authority nha --- rs 71 bn up 106%

development budget for federal ministries ---- rs 158 bn up 59%

development budget for special program --- rs 33 bn up 45%

development budget for special areas --- rs 28 bn up 21%

development budget for irra --- rs 10 bn up 38 %

buddy please count it thats wat pakistan allocated in 2011-2012 budget for infrastructure :devil: its almost 11.5Billion Dollars, it means in five years as also our GDP rate will increase so it will almost 75Billion$ , now kindly dnt talk abt it :no:

buddy please count it thats wat pakistan allocated in 2011-2012 budget for infrastructure :devil: its almost 11.5Billion Dollars, it means in five years as also our GDP rate will increase so it will almost 75Billion$ , now kindly dnt talk abt it :no:

You are joking in this part because your national budget is just $30 Billion and out of which only $5-6 Billion is left to invest on development in Pakistan like Education, Infrastructure, health sector etc. How come you made it $11.5 Billion. :woot:

25_9212_1c3bc33a56a4ccc.jpg

Chinese Qing-class SSK​

Pakistani defence forces , specially Pakistani Navy has been quite vocal of arrival of Russian Nuclear powered submarine to Indian shore mid of this month . Pakistan Navy chief has already told US Defence Magazine that arrival of Russian Nuclear powered submarine and India’s own Indigenous development ,will have adverse effect on its operational capability in Indian ocean . and also mentioned that Pakistani navy is already working on plans to counter this latest threat put forward by Indian Navy .

Indian Defence Experts believe that Pakistan is already working on a counter plans and might just surprise Indian pretty soon in future by producing or acquiring a Nuclear powered submarine . Pakistan always has a quieter way of weapons acquisition and even managed to keep many defence project low key affair .

Rakesh Sharma Indian Defence Expert told idrw.org that “General Musharraf way back in 2006 had mentioned to a Pak daily that technology for development of a Nuclear Submarine existed in Pakistan”, but its seems help will come from its tried and tested friend china .

China has per media will be supplying 6 conventional attack submarine of Qing class , which will be equipped with a Stirling-cycle AIP system and will be able to carry up to three nuclear warhead-carrying CJ-10K LACMs each. The double-hulled Qing-class SSK, with a submerged displacement close to 3,600 tonnes, bears a close resemblance to the Russian Type 636M SSK, and features hull-retractable foreplanes and hydrodynamically streamlined sail.

Experts suggests that Pakistan’s nuclear submarine is likely to be based on the Qing Class Chinese SSK. highly advanced electric propulsion system of Qing Class Chinese SSK will able Pakistan to replace diesel engine power generation with a nuclear power plant.

Pakistan also has the expertise of submarine construction , with potential help may have been the transfer of technology from France with the Agosta 90B submarine purchase. A number of key technologies were transferred including design and development skills and tools. Building of hulls and experience with Western subsystems, many of which are used in the French nuclear submarines would help the Pakistani SSN / SSBN.

Pakistan with expertise and transfers of technology from China , will be able to field their first nuclear submarine in next 5 to 8 years and brand it “Indigenous “. But experts have difference of opinion on usage of this submarine in both forces , While Nuclear Submarine in Indian navy will complete Nuclear 2nd strike option for India , but Pakistani nuclear submarine might be built to attack prized Indian Aircraft carriers in case of conflict . India who will have 3 or more fleet of aircraft carriers in near future will always be Pakistani navies prime target , even in 1971 Indo-Pak war , Indian aircraft carrier was always a prize target for them .

Pakistan might surprise India with Nuclear Submarine Quite soon: Defence Experts | idrw.org
Pakistan already plans how to counter Indian aggression on any sort so It will be not surprise if Pakistan develops its own Submarine or gets from China really very soon as a matter of fact Pakistan should try to get it as soon as possible and also some new Frigates

~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~

I think you guy's can get this in next couple of years.

:sniper:
Pakistan already plans how to counter Indian aggression on any sort so It will be not surprise if Pakistan develops its own Submarine or gets from China really very soon as a matter of fact Pakistan should try to get it as soon as possible and also some new Frigates

thats wt i hate, instead of planning its future (education, minority rights, health care), its planning/expecting a war :cry: i hope our politicians get their s*** straight soon

Fellows,
We are making our own ,
inida already has one, then why they are crying / suggesting ?"

Well , This time India getting pretty vocal with China, and setting the record straight , very straight , you made PAK nuclear was past when india didn't reacted , you made port in PAK , we reached Vietnam , If you given anything more , be prepare the same thing will arrive in your neighborhood took............

India is also not a n obliged member of MTCR , therefore India can export any missile system to vietnam, 15-20 Barhmos-II and Barhomis block -II will give Vietnam a non -denial to any chinese ship in South China sea, 300 KM and Vietnam will rule the sea against any ship.

India holding its card and when it will open it will take china , pan and any other country surprise.
Brahmos was a gift of Russians to India........

Back
Top Bottom