What's new

Pakistan's minorities minister Shahbaz Bhatti assassinated

Who are they to say anything about our religion? This is OUR religion and this is OUR religious law.

Bread comes first for the hungry and downtroddens or the religion?

all pakistanis have been brainwashed by his Conspiracy theories.......[sad but true.. so, don't take it as my BS againt pakistan]
he is the cause of pakistani extremist and intolerant society..............[not all]

dont start ranting about things you have no idea about not all pakistanis support this retard law , are you fliping bling cant you read its pakistani members who are most voCAL against this medevil law ... as for fundamentalism in our society .... pakistanis vote for liberal parties no one votes these moron mullahs they have less than 5% representation in parliament

Religion and Governance should never go together and what is happening in Pakistan serves as its best example. A country formed on the basis of religion can never break away from extremism as that will contradict the religious authorities that want to see religion take full control. When the foundations are wrong, the building will never stand on its feet. This is the truth, like it or not.

Religion and Governance should never go together and what is happening in Pakistan serves as its best example. A country formed on the basis of religion can never break away from extremism as that will contradict the religious authorities that want to see religion take full control. When the foundations are wrong, the building will never stand on its feet. This is the truth, like it or not.

quote from professor desiman 'i know every thing, im shuper man like sachin'

It was our own intelligence which picked up Dr Afia whose connections to terrorists was far too great and thus she was deemed to be a threat.

He is still here, no one has returned him back.

No one cursed anyone, all Asia Bibi did was fetch some water for the other farmers who refused to drink it because she was a Christian. She asked them how her touch makes the water impure, the Muslim farmers responded that it was due to her disbelief in Mohammed (SAW).

She said thats correct, she only believes in Jesus and that is why she is a christian. The people accused her or blasphemy after this, what exactly is blasphemous over here is truly a matter of guess work.

Its not about the religion but the followers of the religion. You cannot blame a performance car maker for a crash caused by a drunk driver.

So it is the fault of the people, its followers, not the religion.

You are ranting like a moron now, when people are using religion to spread hatred, kill others and cause grave problems for all the inhabitants of the country then it must mean that the application of religion itself is wrong in the society.

Just because you learned a thing or two does not mean that you are capable of dealing with religion matters.

Like the Quran says you should so and as you stated.

Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion

That is the be all and end all of religious matters.

Its not for you to deal with.

Good to know how you are the ONLY one saying otherwise when the whole media claims that she actually confessed her sin and asked for forgiveness. How is it that she asked for forgiveness when she didnt even say anything bad at all? I wonder. And Dr. Afia...Yeah Connections to terrorists...Riiight. Its the public that isn't letting them return RD. Otherwise, the government was ready to return him the first day when their phone rang. And when I talked about Ahadith, you think I am ranting like a moron? Hmm. Nice. Such western media influence over you. I am not surprised. This was meant to happen. And that surah, I think was meant for the Kafirs. :) Not for muslims telling other muslims this. Anyway. I am not dealing with your part of religious matters. But yes, if someone tries to insult my religion, I will take every step to defend it. Just like if we forward any joke about our president, we will be sent to jail for 7 or so years. Like if we slap him, we get to sent to jail. Like if you try to defend your religion, foreign intelligence takes you away claiming you have links to terrorists. Nice.
Look. I think Blasphemy Law should not have punishment of death, it should have punishment of 20 years in jail. But who am I to decide that? Do YOU know more than those Ulama of our country? Or are you just gonna support even the wrong doers just like in the case of Lal masjid when they bombarded a masjid, just because they are in power? Hmm? Why dont we just let the Ulama deal with this and instead of coming up with what WE think, support them? Why not? Or, is it that you dont even trust them thinking that 99% of just Mullahs, huh? You are right, I dont know anything about religion. But they do. We need to support them. And not those people in government who dont even know anything about our religion. Do you expect those people who dont even know "Surah Ikhlas" to make decisions for us about our religion? Or those people who say "Someone must have given him the wrong script, thats why this guy said the Surah Ikhlas wrongly" ,huh? Dont tell me you are just like me, a young man who is too scared of all those religious laws that will take away many of our luxuries from us, if in case they are implemented. Because if this law is seriously implemented, other laws might follow. Are you too scared of Muslim kindom, like me? =) Trust me, its gonna be better than this and it will not be like what we have been fed by the western media. Anyway.

The best part about our religion is that it has everything in it that a man can ever need. We can make it foundations for our country, because it tells us how to rule the state and how to have relations with other countries. You can just go on and on. It tells you about everything. So, unlike other religion, this religion is not just a religion. Its a way of life. We can safely without any harm, make it foundations for our muslim nation. And this is what we should do and what we are told by our religion. If our country actually had been built on Islam as its foundations, we would have been the best country in the world. Seriously.

Good to know how you are the ONLY one saying otherwise when the whole media claims that she actually confessed her sin and asked for forgiveness. How is it that she asked for forgiveness when she didnt even say anything bad at all? I wonder. And Dr. Afia...Yeah Connections to terrorists...Riiight. Its the public that isn't letting them return RD. Otherwise, the government was ready to return him the first day when their phone rang. And when I talked about Ahadith, you think I am ranting like a moron? Hmm. Nice. Such western media influence over you. I am not surprised. This was meant to happen. And that surah, I think was meant for the Kafirs. :) Not for muslims telling other muslims this. Anyway. I am not dealing with your part of religious matters. But yes, if someone tries to insult my religion, I will take every step to defend it. Just like if we forward any joke about our president, we will be sent to jail for 7 or so years. Like if we slap him, we get to sent to jail. Like if you try to defend your religion, foreign intelligence takes you away claiming you have links to terrorists. Nice.
Look. I think Blasphemy Law should not have punishment of death, it should have punishment of 20 years in jail. But who am I to decide that? Do YOU know more than those Ulama of our country? Or are you just gonna support even the wrong doers just like in the case of Lal masjid when they bombarded a masjid, just because they are in power? Hmm? Why dont we just let the Ulama deal with this and instead of coming up with what WE think, support them? Why not? Or, is it that you dont even trust them thinking that 99% of just Mullahs, huh? You are right, I dont know anything about religion. But they do. We need to support them. And not those people in government who dont even know anything about our religion. Do you expect those people who dont even know "Surah Ikhlas" to make decisions for us about our religion? Or those people who say "Someone must have given him the wrong script, thats why this guy said the Surah Ikhlas wrongly" ,huh? Dont tell me you are just like me, a young man who is too scared of all those religious laws that will take away many of our luxuries from us, if in case they are implemented. Because if this law is seriously implemented, other laws might follow. Are you too scared of Muslim kindom, like me? =) Trust me, its gonna be better than this and it will not be like what we have been fed by the western media. Anyway.

I don't think we should muddle issues here. This is not the Afia Sidiqi topic. While she might or might not have personally involved with things, she however did have links to extremists. Her husband himself was a hardcore extremist, and was the cousin of Khalid Sheikh Mohammad. Afia Sidiqi's time in the US has been marred by controversy as well. As a Pakistani citizen living in the US, she should have steered out of trouble and been a good ambassador of Pakistan. Unfortunately, she wasn't. This is not the Afia Sidiqi topic, she has no value to Pakistan bar sentiment, and I am shocked as to how someone could even contemplate exchanging Raymond Davis for her, the former being of extremely high value.

The best part about our religion is that it has everything in it that a man can ever need. We can make it foundations for our country, because it tells us how to rule the state and how to have relations with other countries. You can just go on and on. It tells you about everything. So, unlike other religion, this religion is not just a religion. Its a way of life. We can safely without any harm, make it foundations for our muslim nation. And this is what we should do and what we are told by our religion. If our country actually had been built on Islam as its foundations, we would have been the best country in the world. Seriously.

But so are Sudan and Somalia to name the few - Is religion a silver bullet or panacea??

why don't the Govt hang the extremists (bomb mullahs)?
If there arn't death penalties for extremists they'll keep on coming back.
First of all you'd have to catch'em though.

May his soul rest in peace.

Were you there when Asia Bibi was supposedly heard being blasphemous. Seems like you are the one who has been influenced by the media, she asked for forgiveness because a person in her position will do anything to come out of such a situation.

As for Aafia, I know of her case even before it went mainstream, she had a charity which was used by Khalid Sheikhs cousin and she also bought blood diamonds before her arrest for the same people. Either she knew what she was doing or she was conned by the militants.

But I don't expect you to believe it since your knowledge is limited to what has been reported in the one sided media.

RD was also let in by the same people who are using him for political leverage, his story makes us look inept but thats what the GoP is.

As for the Ulema, they could not even agree on one single definition of the word Muslim and you think they are capable of formulating religious laws.

I am not scared of any laws or any rule, I can choose to follow it or migrate if things are not to my liking but for the sake of the country i went wagging is best for the nation, not some fantacised religious state.

But so are Sudan and Somalia to name the few - Is religion a silver bullet or panacea??

Just because I am an idiot, it doesn't mean our religion teaches us to be morons. :P No, seriously. The religion is perfect in every aspect. But its the problem with those who "deploy" it. They are the problem. They just messed up somewhere, thats why it became the werewolf. If you use it the right way, the way its meant to, then it really is the silver bullet. Do you think democracy is the best? For example in pakistan. We have three parties. 40 people vote for Party A, 40 for Part B and 50 for Party C. Now Part C wins election and are the new rulers. Do you see the irony of this system? It makes you claim that you won by greater number of votes, when actually 80 votes were against you and you just had 50. =) Democracy is a fail. (Yeah American system might be better to have just two parties. Might solve problems to some extent.) but still. Democracy is by no means a good way of ruling. AND BY NO MEANS IN HELL ITS THE BEST REVENGE! ITS ACTUALLY THE BEST TORTURE!

Were you there when Asia Bibi was supposedly heard being blasphemous. Seems like you are the one who has been influenced by the media, she asked for forgiveness because a person in her position will do anything to come out of such a situation.

Even if she did utter something blasphemous, and if she apologizes, we should forgive her. And if she doesn't apologize, we should let Allah take care of her situation. Two blacks do not make a white, and the proponents of the Blasphemy Law and the law itself are a disgrace to Islam and everything it stands for. For the murderers of Bhatti, according to the teachings of the Quran, they have murdered the whole humanity. And the case against Asia Bibi, I'm sure you know that the Holy Prophet(S) used to have garbage thrown at him by a lady whenever he used to cross her house, and when one day she fell ill and couldn't throw garbage at him, Holy Prophet(S) took care of her and nursed her back to shape. She accepted Islam after that. This is the Islam I know.

Though, I agree the law should be revoked but realistically speaking when laws as such are in place and have quiet a mainstream support and esp. when that same mainstream population doesn't fully understand the law and can be minipulated by opportunistic then there are smarter ways to approach this issue then simply coming out all guns blazing we're going to revoke these laws. You'd cause a great deal of damage to the country in the aftermath of such bold moves.

One such method is light enforcement. Yes, the laws are in place but are not enforced as strictly. Lighter punishments, longer court process and easy bail amounts, so people aren't spending time in jail from one hearing to another. And obviously don't announce such changes, just make them happen.

This is for short term, in the long term the focus should be to repel or alter the law in such way it doesn't get abused.

International community can shout foul and push their opportunistic agenda of maligning Pakistan of having oppressive religious laws on minorities of the country but truth is more muslims than minorities of the country are in jails on blasphemy charges. According to one survey more than 80% of the alleged/accused are muslims.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

these threads should be merged and people shouldn't be allowed to open up threads after threads on the same news. no need to post all over the forum.

Back
Top Bottom