What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

IS PAF more happy with Chinese AEW&Cs? If yes. They why not sell 3-4 Saab-2000s to Oman or Jordan and Buys new 4-5 AEW&Cs???

Yes they are happy and no they will not sell SAAB 2000s because F-16s will be linked with them. Jordan doesn't really have money and Oman can get what they want.

but do we still have the eyerie or did all 3 get destroyed

At least one destroyed completely and another may be beyond repairable condition where as 3rd is Safe ...
So the one with beyond repairable condition may have give an insight to learn about it and improve at Chinese version just my thought ;)

Jordan must sell out their F-5s to TuAF and F-16s to PAF and join JF-17 program or KFX. More over better for them to buy Saab-2000 AEW&Cs and UAVs in good number with proper Air and Surface Defence rather than fighter at the moment.

I suggest to @WebMaster to introduce a simley to honour our one and only member "Nishan_101" for his great services and contribution to this forum

BTW that simley should be named "Nishan_101 alert" .....

I suggest to @WebMaster to introduce a simley to honour our one and only member "Nishan_101" for his great services and contribution to this forum

BTW that simley should be named "Nishan_101 alert" .....
Hahaha u r right brother

At least one destroyed completely and another may be beyond repairable condition where as 3rd is Safe ...
So the one with beyond repairable condition may have give an insight to learn about it and improve at Chinese version just my thought ;)
Do you think the zdk03 or some other chinese AWAC can fill the gap of the 2 lost saab 2000s? from the sounds of it the zdk03 doesn't seem all that bad.

@Chak Bamu; would you recognise the facts even if they stared you in the face?

Don't take just my word about the extent of the damage.
Do check with the manufacturers of the aircraft(s). Since the Owners may never be forthcoming with the facts.
As for me; I stand by my assertion on the facts, however uncomfortable they may seem to some.
It was not in the air.

I come here for technical and meaningful discussions. What type of troll fest is going on between a Moderator and an elite member? This is shameful.

Can anybody tell me what happened to this news??

Quote:

Pakistan – E-2C Hawkeye 2000 Airborne Early Warning Suite for P-3s

WASHINGTON, December 07, 2006 - The Defense Security Cooperation Agency notified Congress of a possible Foreign Military Sale to Pakistan for refurbishment and modification of three excess P-3 aircraft with the E-2C HAWKEYE 2000 Airborne Early Warning (AEW) Suite, as well as associated equipment and services. The total value, if all options are exercised, could be as high as $855million.

The Government of Pakistan has requested a possible sale for refurbishment and modification of three excess P-3 aircraft with the E-2C HAWKEYE 2000 Airborne Early Warning (AEW) Suite, spare and repairs parts, simulators, support equipment, personnel training and training equipment, publications and technical data, system software development and installation, ground/flight testing of new systems and system modifications, U.S. Government and contractor engineering and logistics support services, and other related elements of logistics support. The estimated cost is $855 million.

This proposed sale will contribute to the foreign policy and national security of the United States by helping to improve the security of a friendly country that has been and continues to be an important force for economic progress in South Asia and a partner in the global war on terrorism. The command-and-control capabilities of these aircraft will improve Pakistan’s ability to restrict the littoral movement of terrorists along Pakistan’s southern border and ensure Pakistan’s overall ability to maintain integrity of its borders.

Pakistan intends to use the proposed equipment to develop an effective air defense network for its naval forces and provide an AEW surveillance and enhanced command, control, and communications capability. The addition of the AEW suites will provide Pakistan with search surveillance, and control capability in support of maritime interdiction operations. These aircraft will also increase Pakistan’s ability to support the U.S. Operation Enduring Freedom operations, and provide anti-ship and anti-submarine warfare capabilities; and a control capability over land against transnational terrorists and narcotics smugglers. The modernization will enhance the capabilities of the Pakistani Navy and support its regional influence and meet its legitimate self-defense needs. Pakistan will have no difficulty absorbing the AEW platform into its armed forces.

The proposed sale of this equipment and support will not affect the basic military balance in the region. The prime contractor will be Northrop Grumman Corporation, St. Augustine, Florida and Lockheed-Martin, Greenville, South Carolina. There are no known offset agreements proposed in connection with this potential sale. Implementation of this proposed sale will not require the assignment of any U.S. Government and contractor representatives to Pakistan. There will be no adverse impact on U.S. defense readiness as a result of this proposed sale. This notice of a potential sale is required by law; it does not mean that the sale has been concluded.

Unquote:

E-2c Hawkeye 2000 Airborne Early Warning Suite For P-3s - Navy Forum - Pakistani Defence Forum

Did we get them or deal was cancelled??

Correction only 1 lost
3 are airtight
My understanding is 1 lost, 1 damaged (airframe) but sensors were salvageable. These will probably be going on another SAAB platform that Pakistan initially acquired for Testing, etc, or they'll find another refurbished platform to host sensors on.

Back
Top Bottom