What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Piss poor actually, considering that the 20 year old E-2's APS-145 can track over 2000.
Perhaps the idea of tracking target means controlling interceptions. Even then , that figure is appalling if true.

tracks 30, engage 9-10 simultaneously ;)

kj2000 can track 50, so not bad in that context

zdk has better sea scanning compared to erieye

tracks 30, engage 9-10 simultaneously ;)

kj2000 can track 50, so not bad in that context

zdk has better sea scanning compared to erieye

Not that impressive at all. The APS-145 does 20 interceptions from a smaller airframe.

Should have gone for those l88. Opportunity missed.

Once you understand that is the mentality of the Pakistani military in terms of procurement. Things will be much simpler to digest
ede5a7009ccb1049d7dac1c9677b6ebc.jpg

I think the news posting is wrong

9 a very small number

Not possible for an aewcs

I read some where that it is more like 40 but will find the source

Piss poor actually, considering that the 20 year old E-2's APS-145 can track over 2000.
Perhaps the idea of tracking target means controlling interceptions. Even then , that figure is appalling if true.

Yea, that's what i was thinking, it's too poor to be true. Probably a typo. Once the order goes ahead, as usual we will know more.

3-4 more would be based on KJ-500. Pakistan is building Navy bases in Balochistan. A permanent AWAC squadron ( First three or four with limited AESA scan) for navy is one of the possible scenarios why Pakistan would order more AWAC. Airborne radars for navy would fill the gaps that exist in surface ships long range detection capability while the latter 3-4 with true 360 degree capability would service Pakistan AF.

I believe they would still be used by PAF, as Navy hardly has the expertise or the budget to allocate for these new assets. They are quite occupied with the P3Cs, and as such should focus on what Navy really does : get more ships, and submarines with SLCM capability.

most welcome,

SAM story is a bit funny, china offered fd-2000 which was a cheaper version of hq-9, now fd2000 also has a cheaper version, we do make them work hard at times :D

That's for sure, a cheaper version will hopefully be just as capable? Also, could you double check with your source on 9 engagements? and the full track while scan count for the ZDK-03 platform? This number looks awful to be honest, for such a large jet to fly, operators, fuel and maintenance cost, vs. the capability. I think there may have been something missing from the picture.....

most welcome,

SAM story is a bit funny, china offered fd-2000 which was a cheaper version of hq-9, now fd2000 also has a cheaper version, we do make them work hard at times :D

With same capabilities? why not just get the production line of those cheap SAMs :whistle:...

About RD-93MA looks like PAC/CAC could have problem with exports therefore it could have been shelved in favor of WS series Engine that is in works.

Last edited:
Yea, that's what i was thinking, it's too poor to be true. Probably a typo. Once the order goes ahead, as usual we will know more.

I believe they would still be used by PAF, as Navy hardly has the expertise or the budget to allocate for these new assets. They are quite occupied with the P3Cs, and as such should focus on what Navy really does : get more ships, and submarines with SLCM capability.
Navy relies on UAVs for maritime survaillance.

P-3Cs are the mainstay for Maritime Surveillance, ASW, OTHT and ASV for the PN.

That's for sure, a cheaper version will hopefully be just as capable? Also, could you double check with your source on 9 engagements? and the full track while scan count for the ZDK-03 platform? This number looks awful to be honest, for such a large jet to fly, operators, fuel and maintenance cost, vs. the capability. I think there may have been something missing from the picture.....

persumably it is in 80-100km class but has few modes trimmed to reduce cost. either way, if inducted, it should give the adversary a second thought on surgical strike rhetoric.

About RD-93MA looks like PAC/CAC could have problem with exports therefore it could have been shelved in favor of WS series Engine that is in works.

MA is pretty much an option for jft, along with ws-13, regardless whether paf opts for it or not. customers who would want it, get it. russia designed it exclusively for export

MA is pretty much an option for jft, along with ws-13, regardless whether paf opts for it or not. customers who would want it, get it. russia designed it exclusively for export

Thanks for Info.

Back
Top Bottom