What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

the only problem with our saab awacs is that the plane is atleast 10-12 years old! its not a new plane....or is it?
Hi
Yup i also heard that they are second hand, though must have been refurbished before induction in PAF

what happened to the one that had got some damage during high mark 2010?

The one with the PAF was not damaged rather the second Saab-2000 Erieye which was undergoing flying trials and tests in Sweden was the one which got damaged

the only problem with our saab awacs is that the plane is atleast 10-12 years old! its not a new plane....or is it?

These former airliners were bought back from their respective airlines by Saab, and fully refurbished and brought back to zero life. They might be old going by their "Birthday" but they are not old from their working point of view.Also remember that Boeing707s are nearly sixty yrs old and still flying as airlines and as tankers.
Araz

Its as good as a new plane. The airframe has been overhauled with new wings and has been considerably upgraded. It has new engines, new avionics etc. etc. In all honesty, only the shell (airframe) is old (but strengthened to carry additional weight for the dorsal radar mount).

Its as good as brand new.

what happened to the one that had got some damage during high mark 2010?

There was some confusion about this. The Saab 2000 that got damaged was not a PAF one and it was not flying in Pakistan when the damage occurred.

Just a question.... Why did Sweden ban all future arms exports to Pakistan? Any informative answers would be appreciated. Thanks

raveo sweden had ban on arm sales to Pakistan in the past due to our atomic testings....at a time u were enjoying ur liberties.
But now there is no ban on arm sales to Pakistan by sweden...
Anyways i see our favourite buddy Mark sien here?
How r u mark?any good news on Pakistans recent or future procurements will be appreciated sir?thanks in advance

Last edited:
raveo sweden had ban on arm sales to Pakistan in the past due to our atomoc testings....at a time u were enjoying ur liberties.
But now there is no ban on arm sales to Pakistan by sweden...
Anyways i see our favourite buddy Mark sien here?
How r u mark?any good news on Pakistans recent or future procurements will be appreciated sir?thanks in advance

no currently SWEDEN has a ban on export of military hardware to pakistan it is only honoring its previous contract of the SAAB EREIYE! :coffee:

no currently SWEDEN has a ban on export of military hardware to pakistan it is only honoring its previous contract of the SAAB EREIYE! :coffee:

Exactly... That's what i thought had happened. Any idea why did they do so? How strange is it to honour a multi-million dollar Erieye deal and then ban future sales. This would affect any chances of getting the Gripen as well if PAF were to consider it in the future.

Exactly... That's what i thought had happened. Any idea why did they do so? How strange is it to honour a multi-million dollar Erieye deal and then ban future sales. This would affect any chances of getting the Gripen as well if PAF were to consider it in the future.

Please site source where it says sweden is banning arms sales to Pakistan.

I think this is just a hearsay. Although i am not sure myself ... need evidence to confirm.

Regards,
Sapper

Their logic atleast for the gripen was that Indo Pak is a region of conflict.They can sell Erieye as it is a defensive weapon, but will not sell offensive weapons to pakistan. Also, by law if they have supplied weapons to you they will extend after sales and spares service irrespective of the regional situation.This was the reason why I commented on the duplicity of the Swedes in denying one country what they want to sell to thier neighbours.
Araz

It is not a duplicity at all. It is up to the manufacturer to decide. Pakistan should start investing in R & D like Swedes or the Americans did. It is our job to fulfill the defence requirements by investing in research.
Why cannot we persuade them to help us?
What are we lagging?

Moreover, if they are not interested than we should find alternatives. The best alternative is to produce goods locally.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom