What's new

Pakistanis miss the good old 'Khuda Hafiz'

I like to use "khuda hafiz". It's authentic. People can use "ma salama" if like to use arabic for good by. :)

oh man, silly topic, allah is commonly used by pakistanis and we use allah a word in our greetings

persianised or arabised, does it make any difference??, did zia invent a new religion for us??

if we chant allah's name so its good, not a bad thing?? we are not persians anyway??

btw it s apakistani personal matter anyway, why indians jump into every thing, because they are perticularly zia o phobic??[/QUOTE

You make some very good points....

Indians (Hindus) actually are 'wanna be' Islamophobic....
But fail to forget how they got and kept getting 'Conquered by Muslims)

Anyway.....Allah Hafiz is more accurate.....We Ain't Persian or Arabs for this matter.....We Are Pakistanis.....So....

Alllah Hafiz Yaara's!

:pakistan:

oh yaar the proper way to greet each other is:

Aslaam-o-Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu while saying hello or good bye. This is the way of Sunnah and you get more rewards if you greet by Salaam in both before beggining the conversation or saying Allah/Khuda Hafiz.

I usually use Aslaam-o-Alaikum instead of Allah Hafiz and sometimes i say ok i am going Allah Hafiz and Aslaam-o-Alaikum

I prefer using the word Allah instead of Khuda due to its origin in the Holy Qur'an and as said if you read one word of the holy qur'an you get 10 rewards so if you keep that in mind you will still earn rewards if you use t he word ALLAH instead of Khuda who is just a persian word for God

I always use 'Khuda Hafiz' just because that’s what my parents always used to say, although ‘Allah Fiz’ is perfectly fine to use but even then I still use ‘Khuda Fiz’ as it gets under the boots of my relatives who are Salafis and can't stand me using that term.

Last edited:

Aslaam-o-Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu while saying hello or good bye. This is the way of Sunnah and you get more rewards if you greet by Salaam in both before beggining the conversation or saying Allah/Khuda Hafiz.

I usually use Aslaam-o-Alaikum instead of Allah Hafiz and sometimes i say ok i am going Allah Hafiz and Aslaam-o-Alaikum

I prefer using the word Allah instead of Khuda due to its origin in the Holy Qur'an and as said if you read one word of the holy qur'an you get 10 rewards so if you keep that in mind you will still earn rewards if you use t he word ALLAH instead of Khuda who is just a persian word for God

You are very right Maulana zaki saheb.... :D

Zaki, a point well made.....And

My Sentiments Exactly.....That is sure the Proper way....To Include the Word 'Allah' in our Initial Greeting & Farewell.....

Further more that should be our i.e. Pakistani Farewell.....Instead of some Persian derivative.....Or rather, adopted.....

Allah Hafiz!

What a silly topic. I am amazed how free people are these days. They even get time to point out such a small issue. We use both Khuda Hafiz and Allah Hafiz. When we say Allah Hafiz, we are talking about Allah and we say Khuda hafiz we are still referring to Allah. Better use real name than Alias

I always use 'Khuda Fiz' just because that’s what my parents always used to say, although ‘Allah Fiz’ is perfectly fine to use but even then I still use ‘Khuda Fiz’ as it gets under the boots of my relatives who are Salafis and can't stand me using that term.

what is FIZ??i think u should speak the correct word..HAFIZ meaning the Protector

what is FIZ??i think u should speak the correct word..HAFIZ meaning the Protector

Typo error(by rushing), when in a rush on msn/facebook thats how i would honestly type it. Anyways point taken and i have edited my original post.

Zaki, a point well made.....And

My Sentiments Exactly.....That is sure the Proper way....To Include the Word 'Allah' in our Initial Greeting & Farewell.....

Further more that should be our i.e. Pakistani Farewell.....Instead of some Persian derivative.....Or rather, adopted.....

Allah Hafiz!

'Khuda' also means 'God'. Judging by what your saying we might aswell abandon our national language along with our anthem because the former borrows a vast amount of Farsi words and the latter is all in Farsi.

Last edited:
Allah Hafiz is actually more correct.

Khudah is a persian word for God. In the Quran, the word "Khudah" is not used for God. Only Persians and South/Central Asian Muslims use the word "Khudah"

Allah is The One God.

Khuda as a word can be played around with BUT Allah is the one Ultimate word which itself is the defination of God.

I Rather Prefer to say " Fi-Aman- Allah " Because all of my Family does say it all.:pakistan:

Khuda as a word can be played around with BUT Allah is the one Ultimate word which itself is the defination of God.

I Rather Prefer to say " Fi-Aman- Allah " Because all of my Family does say it all.:pakistan:
FI AMAN ALLAH and ALLAH HAFIZ connote almost the same thing..n playing with words..obviously that depends on ones "niyyat"

Likewise. Khwamkha ki baat hai that we're missing and stressing over something that would mean the same however you say it. I'm sure God doesn't need translator tools, you can say it in Klingon if you like.

good point!!:tup:

Back
Top Bottom