What's new

Pakistanis miss the good old 'Khuda Hafiz'

I say "Khuda Hafiz" too, & many people I know do. Much of my family says Khuda Hafiz too, but plenty say "Allah Hafiz" too, including my mother. Whenever she says "Allah Hafiz" to me, I reply "Khuda Hafiz".

I prefer Allah Hafiz

Allah is more specific to islamic God while khuda can be use for any God..

I am fine with both , I prefer Allah Hafiz but Kuda hafiz is ok as well no big deal

I think its part of language Kuda , and as long as we know who Kuda is , thats all that matters

Allah Hafiz is wonderful as well

I think we have bigger issues to address then this issue and when the eid moon is sighted

I prefer and use Khuda Hafiz, just because I grew up with it.

But it doesn't make a difference if one uses Allah Hafiz or Khuda Hafiz

I prefer Khoda Hafiz since it's original. In my mind it mean Allah when I say khoda.

The world Hafiz doesn't exist in Arabic although it has come from the word Hifz. So correct term would be Khoda Hafiz. If some one prefer Arabic then one should use the world ma salama instead of Allah Hafiz. Never the less, not a big matter. Say what ever you like. Both word belong to us..

I always say khuda hafiz anyway so nearly every pakistani i know i'd say its about half half.

I always say Khuda hafiz as well, especially to these more arbi than the arbi types

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

I prefer Allah Hafiz

Allah is more specific to islamic God while khuda can be use for any God..

So It's raab al Muslimun and not raab al Alameen? Even God has a brand name?

How about the world "Raab Rakha". I heard this world in Pak drama. Is it a comon words in the street of Pakistan or only exist in Drama?

When will Pakistanis start a campaign against English words creeping into daily use?

Muttahida Qaumi Movement?
Geo News?
Pakistan Muslim League?
Pakistan People's Party?

Come on, people!
If we want to reclaim our language, there 's a much bigger transgressor...

How sad is it to see people write in Urdu, but use English words?
Oh, the abomination!

So It's raab al Muslimun and not raab al Alameen? Even God has a brand name?

Dude no i never said Allah is Rab of Muslims alone but parsi used word Khuda for their GOD..
unless their God have same attributes as God of muslims then it dont matter whether you use khuda for allah or vice versa.
Again there are many words parwardigaar, data, malik, rab etc that peoples use for Allah. Allah has 99 names so it dont really bother me much but i personally prefer to use Allah

We all will agree that definition of God vary religion to religion. hindu bagwan is different than muslim ALLAH . So can we call Allah as bagwaan? Christian Consider jesus as God/son of God so can they call their God as Allah?

also non persian/urdu muslims dont even know what is Khuda.. when you will say Khuda hafiz to them it will not make any sense to them..

Al-zakir@ hafiz is from arabic hifz mean protection

Dude no i never said Allah is Rab of Muslims alone but parsi used word Khuda for their GOD..
unless their God have same attributes as God of muslims then it dont matter whether you use khuda for allah or vice versa.
Again there are many words parwardigaar, data, malik, rab etc that peoples use for Allah. Allah has 99 names so it dont really bother me much but i personally prefer to use Allah

We all will agree that definition of God vary religion to religion. hindu bagwan is different than muslim ALLAH . So can we call Allah as bagwaan? Christian Consider jesus as God/son of God so can they call their God as Allah?

also non persian/urdu muslims dont even know what is Khuda.. when you will say Khuda hafiz to them it will not make any sense to them..

Al-zakir@ hafiz is from arabic hifz mean protection

I know some mirpuri Uk Pakistanis and their grandad uses Bhagawan still to this day i was kinda shocked when i found out

Back
Top Bottom