What's new

Pakistanis miss the good old 'Khuda Hafiz'

Its ok dude ..we dont have any problem..Inshallah mean if its God will and obviously you think about Your God when you say this if you believe in any God

But one my muslim friends said i shoulden't use it so i stopped:frown: i just believe God is 1 i dont think there is diffrent God for all of us but maybe the concept of God is.

I know some mirpuri Uk Pakistanis and their grandad uses Bhagawan still to this day i was kinda shocked when i found out

Its all sub continental effect..

Some years back when Small pox was considered a wrath of god ( more like devi ka prakop ), people used to pray the devi ( maata in local lingo ) for forgiveness...And these people included both Hindu and Muslims..
Similarly if someone was supposed to be under ghost influence ( hawa lagna ), both moulwi saab and pandit jee were called... Those were the days of communal harmony..neither I nor my Muslim friends used to consider us any less Hindu ( me Brahmin ) and Muslim ( him sayyad )..

do we really have time for all this

the islamic way to end a conversation is same as to start it

Wese Arabs don't use Allah Hafiz either.

Even for goodbye its Asalamalaykum or its ma salama.

According to Hadith and practice of Muhammad SAW and Sahaba RA ... it is only coated "Salam-o-Alaykum" either you are meeting someone or leaving. in Quran it is referred as Salam Alaykum.
Allah SWT said in Quran when two Muslim meet each other they sould say Salam Alaykum (Peace on you).

Both Khuda Hafiz and Allah hafiz are fabricated.

Khuda Hafiz or Allah Hafiz?- if the meaning is same whats the fuss all about?-
by the way the sodies of arabia use Fi aman illah- or simply Ma Salama-

in arabic Hafiz means- some one who has memorized Quran by heart-
uff the ignorance of people-

in arabic Hafiz means- some one who has memorized Quran by heart-
uff the ignorance of people-

Hafiz literally mean Guardian or protector that's why when we say Allah Hafiz its mean May Allah protect you..Here hafiz don't mean someone who memorised Quran although he is hafiz of quran as he protect Quran in his heart after memorized it :)

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

It's sad, people are trying to explore mars and we are busy with silly things.
Its not silly thing to again knowledge no matter how little it is or to clarify things

How about the world "Raab Rakha". I heard this world in Pak drama. Is it a comon words in the street of Pakistan or only exist in Drama?
Wel Rab-Rakha is least popular name among the masses

People prefer to use Allah Hafiz, Khuda Hafiz & Assalam-o-Alaikum

Everyone understands the meaning of Rab-Rakha but only a small community occasionally use this term for greetings.

Hafiz literally mean Guardian or protector that's why when we say Allah Hafiz its mean May Allah protect you..Here hafiz don't mean someone who memorised Quran although he is hafiz of quran as he protect Quran in his heart after memorized it :)

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Its not silly thing to again knowledge no matter how little it is or to clarify things

and you call this debate to gain knowledge? If that is knowledge, no wonder why we are in this level.

Pakistanis miss the good old 'Khuda Hafiz'

ISLAMABAD: Pakistanis are signing up for an online campaign that is pleading Muslims to stick to the good old "Khuda Hafiz" of Persian origin instead of the new Arabised version "Allah Hafiz" that became popular during the regime of former military ruler Zia-ul-Haq.

"Khuda Hafiz," traditionally used by Muslims in the subcontinent to bid goodbye, is being taken over by "Allah Hafiz". Most people in Pakistan have switched to "Allah Hafiz," which they think is more religiously correct.

Britain-based Amina Gillani has launched a campaign on social networking site Facebook to bring back the use of "Khuda Hafiz" in common parlance.

"Support Pakistan's innocent, historical goodbye - khuda hafiz. Stand against the essentialist ideology working to remove it from our colloquial discourse.

"All discussions on how either new words and phrases, or (excessive) use and absences of existing words and phrases, impact social realities and experiences are welcome," Gillani posted on her page.

The going has not been easy for the group, which has managed about 1,168 members, including Indians, in the past few months.

"I have been saying Khuda Hafiz all my life and still do but when people stare at you and try to correct you, its then that I flare at them and tell them to mind their own business," wrote Nighat Navaid, a Pakistani national.

"Fi Amanillah is the best if you really want to say it in Arabic. Otherwise there is no harm in saying Khuda hafiz... Allah's name in Farsi (Persian)... is Khuda!" wrote Samiya Mohsin, who signed up for "Bring back Khuda Hafiz".

On the other hand, Abida Nudrat joined in to make a case for "Allah Hafiz".

She wrote: "Allah is the Ism-e-Azam meaning great name... The word Khuda means God which can also be used while referring to the deities".

Sajid Hussain challenged her with: "If it were like this, then why wasn't this word used from 1400 years (ago)".

"Why only in the subcontinent now?" Salman Khan, another member, went a step further and wrote, "Allah ho ya Khuda ho, Ishwar ho, ya God, if it's one God then you are a Muslim".

To counter Gillani's group, "Say only Allah Hafiz" has been floated on Facebook.

Some Pakistani columnists have been writing about the shift from Khuda Hafiz to Allah Hafiz. Khaled Ahmed wrote about "The rise of the Allah Hafizites" a few years ago.

Another leading columnist, Ejaz Haider, wrote that when he was growing up, he never heard anyone say Allah Hafiz: "But the reality is that Khuda Hafiz now has very few takers... It is amazing how we have Arabised ourselves despite our much stronger and direct Persian connection," he wrote.

Pakistanis miss the good old 'Khuda Hafiz' - The Times of India

I don't think that majority of Pakistani wants "Khuda Hafiz" it must be imagination of few people in Pakistan. The petro dollar influence is all over the world.
These forums are all started by Secular Traitors on facebook and other areas their main agenda is to deviate people from Islam

We confine Islam in region and languages and claim that Islam is the religion for whole of the humanity. If there is Islamic language then what about Islamic clothing and food. People should wear turbans instead of P caps and eat dates instead of chocolate if one can’t accept other than that.

Arabic itself is a mixture of two languages and came into being few thousand years ago. What do you think there was no religion and no names of God before that? Even the God of Abraham was not ‘Allah’; this word would be strange for them as it didn’t exist that time. It proves ALLAH is not the isme-Azam ‘great name’. The question arises which name is the isme-Azam? The answer is whichever name of God you chant with sincere heart, is the isme-Azam.

Main purpose is to cover the body whichever decent dress you find, and eat good food whichever you find. Arabic is the source of Islam, putting restrictions on other languages and culture makes Islam a cult but not a universal religion. On the other hand Prophet Muahmmad (peace be upon him) himself said, “O Lord, I invoke you with all the beautiful names of yours”. (Narrated by Ibn Majah, book of Du`a; and by Imam Malik in his Muwatta', Kitab al-Shi`r).

We will have to understand that God is not the discovery of Islam. Lot of work has been done in the study of characteristics of Almighty before 1400 years and Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) acknowledged it himself.

When we will lift these unnecessary restrictions, there will be a wave of fresh air and people will find that Islam is not a stranger but their own religion.

I know some mirpuri Uk Pakistanis and their grandad uses Bhagawan still to this day i was kinda shocked when i found out
:blink: are you serious? no offence, either you're lying or you're high

Back
Top Bottom