What's new

Pakistani poets mistreated at New Delhi Mushaira

Comparing the blog news with a news source considering its TOI i have to side with a news source. Unless some other media doesnt pick it up i dont think this requires any more discussion. So far our media has not said a word on it. They are showing Some N league ihtejaj about not giving ticket to teh dogar group. :P :P

We are not animals. We also know mehman nawazi. But the thing is how reliable is this 'BLOG'? Because no other newspapers seem to have reported this. I doubt this being a fake news. And since when did quoting 'BLOGS' become reliable source? Come one mate?

I reckon this source would be quite acceptable.. Of course we are talking about humiliation.
NEW DELHI: A protester shouting, "Go back", to the Pakistani poets, union minister Kapil Sibal reading out a poem inspired by the Nirbhaya case from his tablet, renowned shayar Wasim Barelvi reciting some excellent couplets, and Justice Markandey Katju reiterating his demand to award a posthumous Bharat Ratna to Mirza Ghalib - it was an eventful Jashn-e-Bahar on Friday.

The 15th edition of the mushaira started late when a protester from a right-wing Hindu group notorious for making such disruptions, marched on to the stage and shouted, Pakistan murdabad, among other slogans. He was immediately whisked off by security personnel as the poets from Pakistan -- Fahmida Riaz, Harris Khalique and Kishwar Naheed -- maintained a dignified composure.

The Barelvi couplet recited on the occasion -- Aap naraaz ho roothe ki khafa ho jayen // baat itni bhi na bigde ki judaa ha jayen (Whether you are angry, miffed or upset/ let's not spoil the situation so much that we end up separating) -- was really apt and much appreciated by the audience at the DPS, Mathura Road.

A regular at the annual mushaira, Justice Katju, now chairman, Press Council of India, was the guest of honour. In his speech, he maintained that Urdu has been unjustly treated in India. "People associate a particular religion with this language. Few people know that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh writes his speech in Urdu."

He also said that the great 19th century poet Ghalib should be given Bharat Ratna posthumously. "If Sardar Vallabhai Patel and B R Ambedkar can be given awards after their deaths, why can't we award Ghalib?"

In his speech, Katju said that Urdu is the voice of protest. He urged Barelvi, also vice-chairman of the National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language, to bring more fire in his writings. "Dande ka waqt aa gaya hai. Aap bahut soft hai. Faiz ki tarah nahi Josh ke tarah likhen (It's time to wield the cane. You are very soft. Write like Josh (Malihabadi ) and not like Faiz (Ahmed Faiz).

Chief guest Sibal, who's the union minister of communication and information technology, read out a poem titled, Haalat-e-haazra (state of the girl child). Khokh meri se aayaa tu / mujhpe tera waar hai kyu /mamta se paala tujhko /mamta ko thukraya kyun (You came from my womb / then why do you strike at women? / I brought you up with motherly love / then why do you abandon your mother?)

"The recent Nirbhaya case and the general plight of women in our country made me write the poem," said Sibal, who maintained that to promote Urdu one needs technological support. The minister said that a search engine on the lines of Google needs to be devised to help the language and that one should be able to send sms in Urdu. "Technical courses like microbiology should be taught in Urdu. If we don't include zubaan (language) with technology and people, then we are not connecting to the masses," he said.

The mushaira was attended by many other poets from India such as Javed Akhtar and Popular Meeruthi. Some of them recited their old poems. Japan was represented for the first time by its scholar Prof Hiroji Kataoka.

Some trouble, but Delhi enjoys Urdu fest - The Times of India

That's how guests are treated in India? Do they forget their manners? As they Bhikaari kay pass paysa ajaye to apni auqaat bhool jata hay.

This problem arose since the time your people decided to fight their war against innocent men women and children in the streets , hotels and restaurants of Mumbai.

Likewise the pain and memory of 1971 is very much present in the Pakistani minds but we have the brains to conclude that the likes of Shatru Sinha, Jhui Chawala or Burkha Dutt have nothing to do with that episode and were/are given the according hospitality. but then the catch word is....Brains. !!

Again you failed to spot the point that I referred to! Point is not pertaining pointless addition or something it's about clearly pointed humiliation. Making pointless comments on pointed matter is pointlessness in itself, I expect you to encompass earnest aspect of the OP in your forthcoming posts.

The point to be encompassed isn't a first of its kind point on this earth my dear sir, i am speaking on point and this point of artists from Pakistan being targeted has occurred previously too and an unfortunate turn of event nonetheless. I don't think anybody here would approve of such behavior is to be taken for granted as far as my thinking goes, having said that what is the point of adding baseless riders like the point i was pointing to when the point being u can condemn the vulgar act and move on.

Hope u get the point i am pointing towards. :)

How much hospitality were you able to provide the Lankans when their cricketers were showered with bullets in 2009 ?

I am sorry can you quote me one post where any paksitani said what happened was right unlike your indian counter part over here? Can you provide me the link of anyone saying they are terrorist too and dont deserve to come here? That happened and we are suffering for it and rightly soo. We are shamed of that event heavily unlike soo many of you on this event.

Also, I would like to see how well Pakistanis welcome Indians after our people have killed 166 of your people in Karachi.This will never happen though. Indians have better and more important things to do in life randomly go around murdering people in neighbouring countries.

You people supported a terrorism outfit that took 1/7th of our country. I think we are the only ones that can still welcome you after such an event bcz you are our GUEST. If you cant understand how to treat your guest then there is something very wrong growing in your society. I suggest you tackle it before it consumes you all.

Likewise the pain and memory of 1971 is very much present in the Pakistani minds but we have the brains to conclude that the likes of Shatru Sinha, Jhui Chawala or Burkha Dutt have nothing to do with that episode and were/are given the according hospitality. but then the catch word is....Brains. !!

You are acting like, as if you were the victims in 1971!!

Again you failed to spot the point that I referred to! Point is not pertaining pointless addition or something it's about clearly pointed humiliation. Making pointless comments on pointed matter is pointlessness in itself, I expect you to encompass earnest aspect of the OP in your forthcoming posts.

What humiliation ?

Some random protester raises a few slogan and is then whisked away after which the show goes on. Please no need to be so ultra sensitive. There are a lot of things that Pakistanis do inside and outside Pakistan that become a source of real humiliation for your people.This was nothing. He has his right to protest peacefully.

And you have to be ready for minor incidents like this at least when your people have killed 166 people in our country and your country has done little or nothing to act against them.If you can't take it and are so severely sensitive, don't come. Simple as that. Decline the invitation.Or better yet , do something about LeT/JuD and the perpetrators of Mumbai.

I am sorry can you quote me one post where any paksitani said what happened was right unlike your indian counter part over here? Can you provide me the link of anyone saying they are terrorist too and dont deserve to come here? That happened and we are suffering for it and rightly soo. We are shamed of that event heavily unlike soo many of you on this event.

You people supported a terrorism outfit that took 1/7th of our country. I think we are the only ones that can still welcome you after such an event bcz you are our GUEST. If you cant understand how to treat your guest then there is something very wrong growing in your society. I suggest you tackle it before it consumes you all.

What were our option, to let your army kill and rape ten million more innocent people, who had crossed in to our country seeking asylum from the genocide being perpetrated by your army??

You are acting like, as if you were the victims in 1971!!

You are thinking 1971 was a hotel attack. it broke a country in two. Imagine what we go through when we read in our history books about it. how we were divided and when we read that india supported the very outfit. Wouldnt that make us mad seeing our map reduced? but we still talk of peace. i still say that there should be peace between us. If guest from your country come then they should be treated with utmost care and hospitality and love. That is what our religion, our culture and our raising teaches us and asks of us.

P.s most people are still around who saw 1971 inculding my father. People who saw he partition are still around like my great uncle.

If one stupid protester shows up at the venue makes you guys give us a speech on how to treat guest's, what do you have to say about the eleven terrorist that showed up on the roads of Mumbai?

I'm sure the guest dint lodge a complaint nor did they give out any statements. Sure they are chilling out with like minded Indian people, with a glass of whisky gloating about each others work.

The point to be encompassed isn't a first of its kind point on this earth my dear sir, i am speaking on point and this point of artists from Pakistan being targeted has occurred previously too and an unfortunate turn of event nonetheless. I don't think anybody here would approve of such behavior is to be taken for granted as far as my thinking goes, having said that what is the point of adding baseless riders like the point i was pointing to when the point being u can condemn the vulgar act and move on.

Hope u get the point i am pointing towards. :)

At any point in time the pointed odd, not the doodle, got to be pointed out and condemned - That's the whole point of the point I am making. Pointless it is to turn to pointless point when a pointed point has been pointed out too!

At any point in time the pointed odd, not the doodle, got to be pointed out and condemned - That's the whole point of the point I am making. Pointless it is to turn to pointless point when a pointed point has been pointed out too!

Good Point :cheers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom