What's new

Pakistani JF-17 to start mid-air refuelling by end of summer

well for a plane that is supposed to form of the PAF IFR capability is really important, kudos to PAC if true, but as That Guy said BlockII n IIIreally needed soon to attract interest from export customers

you have doubt on PAC ? they converted OUR mirages IFR .

PAFMirage302-583.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

Mirage-III+Rose-I+with+refueling+probes..jpg

il78-51-large.jpg

Actually JFT's top speed is and was always 1.8. The specs shown in Kamra and JF official website r of PT02 i think and the production model for a/c is PT04 who had different specs and was with DSI and LIREX!!!!

Sadly the specs including in wikipedia r of PT02 not of production model and so is in Kamra website who has not been updated since 2007:hitwall: And JFT's official website is made by some fanboy who has just copy pasted the kamra specs.

The reliable sources for JFT specs r Chinese official and Air Show specs as there the Kamra people r forced to show the exact specs because of commercial interests and selling of this A/C.
@Oscar knows better!

exactly i had presented 5 proofs to this guy su-11 -- proving the specs 1.8 mach and 6411 KG -- but he presents this analogy

I had written a fairly long reply but unfortunately Chrome has been crashing regularly.The video does not have top speed stated.
mach1-table-earth-e.gif

Aviation Calculator

The top speed of the JF-17 is 700 knots IAS at sea level. This translates to M1.05 at sea level and Mach 1.6 at 30000 ft which matches the "at altitude" description. However, M 1.8 is not incorrect(and has been done) as this is achieved at 36-37000 ft as well since that calculation does not take into account reduced drag due to the thinner air at those altitudes. If the same calculation is applied to to a Su-30MKI which has a top speed of 730 knots at sea level it does the same Mach of around 1.8. However, due to reduced drag and greater thrust, the MKI is able to beyond M2.1 at 36-37000ft. But these speeds were achieved by a "clean" aircraft carrying only the wingtip missiles. Also, neither MKI nor the F-15 are able to go very fast when fully loaded for combat. Only the F-22 or PAK-FA like "clean" designs can achieve that. In contrast.. the F-35 is also limited to M 1.6, but it can supercruise at 1.2(essentially, even a clean F-16 can supercruise) with a combat load. Also , M1.6 was the design requirement for the JSF which was deemed more than sufficient for the roles it was envisaged for. Which means that in combat, these speeds are never supposed to be achieved. Even if they are, they can only be sustained for a few minutes before the aircraft runs out of fuel.

The repetitive parrot's assertion on the speed is not incorrect...but his logic is idiotic. Both speeds are correct, all that is different is the narrative. One is based on calculation for IAS and TAS. The other is based on actual tests.

There are also more limits to speed, for e.g.. speed is limited by thrust and drag.. and airframe performance.
The G loading for eg as poorly theorized by the poster in question has less to do with weight and more to do with lifecycle performance and airframe stress. The aircraft is controlled by FLCS in pitch and is limited to both G and AoA. So if certain limits were removed the airframe could easily pull greater than 9gs. However, after that(due to the cheaper construction methods used in the aircraft) there would be substantial stress on the airframe and problems such as cracks and bent screws would appear much earlier than usual. Even an aircraft like the F-16 goes through a thorough inspection after it pulls more than 9gs. Being rated for 9 or 8gs means the airframe is stressed to handle those loads on a regular basis. Not that it is limited to those loads. In essence, the JF-17 could pull a tighter turn, but then it might end up disintegrating itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mirage got IFR after the ROSE upgrades, i didn't see Thunders with IFR during induction so the suspicion, u might have better information about it than me bro no need to go hostile over an honest question

PAFMirage302-583.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

Mirage-III+Rose-I+with+refueling+probes..jpg

il78-51-large.jpg

MASHA ALLAH. PAF had their Rose upgraded Mirages with IFR capability. Also I am quite sure that JF-17 might going to have a retractable IFR.

Also hoping to see that JF-17 Block-IIs will super machine... INSHA ALLAH

Mirage got IFR after the ROSE upgrades, i didn't see Thunders with IFR during induction so the suspicion, u might have better information about it than me bro no need to go hostile over an honest question

lolz mirages got IFR from rose ? and what is rose ? your both claims are wrong . mirages got IFR after many years rose done .. i am not hostile i just point out that they can do it and very easily but first batch of thunder have no IFR as they were urgent need of time .

The first batch did not have IFR nor at they intended to . The second batch under manufacture is to have IFR.

The first batch did not have IFR nor at they intended to . The second batch under manufacture is to have IFR.

they will got it letter as now PAC has capability to fit IFR even after production . as they did with 2sqns of mirages

The first batch of JF-17's did not have IFR nor was it intended. The second batch is to have IFR integrated with it.

The Mirage ROSE upgrade did NOT add IFR. The IFR was added by the PAF on a Mirage ROSE-I first and then tested on a III-D.

Hi, PAC did convert the Mirages to have IFR, but from kits supplied from South Africa. I am hoping PAC can now produce IFR equipment inhouse. Thanks!

Why retractable IFR was dropped and also the plan to install IFR in Block 1 despite showing swedish IFR probe in IDEAS 2007 ?

Why retractable IFR was dropped and also the plan to install IFR in Block 1 despite showing swedish IFR probe in IDEAS 2007 ?

PAF went the French way. Lesser mechanics and so reduced weight and lower maintainability issues. Just like Rafale and the M2K5s

Back
Top Bottom