What's new

Pakistani embassy staff attacked and injured in India

Giving security to ambassadors is not the job of the host country. If we give security, then pakistanis will start crying that their ambassadors are being monitored, spied or obstructed etc, etc. The incident happened between civilians and pakistani ambassador for which govt is not responsible apart from the fact there was a breakdown in law and order situation (which may be big news in west but pretty common in this part of the world). Also, pakistani security establishment had attacked Indian diplomats a lot of times in the past, so they can stop taking moral high ground with this incident.

Having said the above, I am utterly disgusted the way Indians drive. It seems that the bike was coming from wrong side, it happens too often. people simply don't have the discipline neither adequate police to enforce driving sense. In a bid to save 5 min or few kilometers, motorists create jams or accidents that regularly kill/mime innocent people.

Pak diplomat latest road rage victim

NEW DELHI: A senior Pakistani diplomat and his driver suffered minor injuries after they were allegedly assaulted by a biker involved in an accident with the diplomat's car on Monday evening. The incident led to Pakistan lodging a strong protest and seeking greater security for its diplomats in the capital.

According to the police, Zargham Raza, first secretary at the Pakistan High Commission, was returning home to Vasant Kunj when his Toyota SUV hit a bike coming from the wrong direction at Ber Sarai, near the JNU campus in south Delhi.

Police said the biker, Rohit, allegedly roughed up Raza and his driver, Haider Zaman, also a Pakistani citizen. Rohit, a resident of Ber Sarai village, was travelling with his aunt, Roshni. Both sustained minor injuries as the bike fell.

Sources confirmed that Pakistan has demanded a thorough inquiry into the attack. In the protest note sent to the ministry of external affairs, Pakistan also demanded that security be enhanced for its High Commission and personnel "in accordance with the Vienna Convention on diplomatic relations and international diplomatic practices".

While the Pakistanis described the incident as most unfortunate and regrettable, Indian government sources said that it seemed to be a "minor" incident caused by an altercation between the driver of the SUV (89 CD 99) and a couple riding a motorcycle.

A source in the Vasant Vihar police station said the accused, Rohit, had been detained for questioning.

Rohit allegedly got into an argument with the Toyota's driver after the collision. A scuffle ensued between the two. The diplomat reportedly intervened trying to separate the two but was punched by Rohit, witnesses said.

Soon, a crowd began to gather at the spot. Minutes later, the diplomat left. Police arrived and took Rohit into custody. Later, the diplomat and his driver were taken to hospital for a medical examination. A case under appropriate sections will be registered after recording of statements, police said.

Pak diplomat latest road rage victim - The Times of India
@Talon @JonAsad @Windjammer @Areesh

Last edited by a moderator:
lol some members take it too the extreme chill out and smoke weed

Very unfortunate incident........

But a normal thing in NCR but this time it is a diplomat of another country.

effing idiots (assualters)- what gives you the right to physically assault someone for such an accident? This is the mindset of animals. We were in India last summer- similar incident occurred in the NCR when pulling off an expressway- a truck side swipes us, a bike and another car. We all stopped- had heated words but the police were on the scene within 5 mins so nothing got out of hand- this is how it SHOULD be.

All the news about him being attacked for being Pakistani or more than 1 diplomat being assualted or this happening at a mall are all clearly utter BS.

initially i felt sorry for the diplomat. but after reading the pakistani comments here, i am sorry he wasnt shot dead

initially i felt sorry for the diplomat. but after reading the pakistani comments here, i am sorry he wasnt shot dead

I thought you spend good amount of time here to anticipate .................

I am expecting a pakistani retaliation in a day or two.

Nope. We won't do it. As I said your diplomats are our responsibility and we won't let any biker coming from wrong side beat Indian diplomat.

That's your noble side I was expecting. Glad you showed it.

Nope. We won't do it. As I said your diplomats are our responsibility and we won't let any biker coming from wrong side beat Indian diplomat.

Lets wait for few days, we will have a definite answer by then.

Back
Top Bottom