What's new

Pakistani-Americans Second Fastest Growing Asian Community in America

Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority don't hate the US at all, but disagree with US foreign policy.

You actually believe all this "bad press" is due to US disowning Pakistan don't you? (converse with India as well)

I understand it's tempting to believe that. But seriously could be anymore stupid.

Its a love/hate relationship.

Ask those same people who hate USA, if they would like a Visa and move to USA, all of them would say Yes.

I knew there was hypocrisy somewhere. I agree with you all the Pakistanis who keep sloganeering against USA / UK etc here on the forum are only actually cursing their circumstances. We sympathize with you. One day with some luck they will be able to leave that country and realize Jinnahs dream in the west someplace. Ameen.

Babur on Hindustan Overall

“Hindustan is a place of little charm. There is no beauty in its people, no graceful social intercourse, no poetic talent or understanding, no etiquette, nobility, or manliness. The arts and crafts have no harmony or symmetry. There are no good horses, meat, grapes, melons, or other fruit. There is no ice, cold water, good food or bread in the markets. There are no baths and no madrasas [Islamic schools].

Aside from the streams and still waters that flow in ravines and hollows, there is no running water in their gardens or palaces, and in their buildings no pleasing harmony or regularity.

The peasantry and common people parade around stark naked with something like a loin cloth tied around themselves and hanging down two spans below their navels. Under this rag is another piece of cloth, which they pass between their legs and fasten to the loincloth string. Women fasten around themselves one long piece of cloth, half of which they tie to their waists and the other half of which they throw over their heads.

I have been to india, what Babur said hundreds of years ago, pretty much applies today.

The Mughals gave india its beauty, that is the little beauty india currently has.

Its a love/hate relationship.

Ask those same people who hate USA, if they would like a Visa and move to USA, all of them would say Yes.

USA is an easy target to blame all the problems of Pakistan without asking the hard questions to fix these problems.

America's domestic policies are actually very good. You can say whatever here and be proud of who you are and no one will say anything. If someone discriminates you can take them to court and win thousands even millions of dollars.

I am a patriotic Pakistani, I even have a Pakistani flag in my car that everyone can see. No one says anything. When people here ask me where I am from I say Pakistan...they ask a few questions about Pakistan, I tell them. Its not like what indians here think it is for Pakistanis. More indians (sikhs) have been targeted here than Pakistani Muslims have.

I knew there was hypocrisy somewhere. I agree with you all the Pakistanis who keep sloganeering against USA / UK etc here on the forum are only actually cursing their circumstances. We sympathize with you. One day with some luck they will be able to leave that country and realize Jinnahs dream in the west someplace. Ameen.

Bro, I have been living in Canada for 17 Years and before that I was in the middle East.

I have never lived in Pakistan. I left Pakistan when I was 1 month old.

Yeah right.

Every other day I see commercials about Fair and Lovely in India.

And before the partition of 1947, majority of all actors and actresses were from the area which became Pakistan.

Which means, Pakistanis are seen as naturally good looking and you Indians have to dig really deep to find any Indian girl who can pass for a Pakistani.

Why is it that all of your top Bollywood Stars are Muslims whose roots are in Pakistan? Such as Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Aamir Khan, etc.

Tsk.....

None of them are Pakistani. Shah Rukh Khans Granfather was Afghanistani (he is half Indian Muslim, half Afghani Muslim) from Kabul. Amir Khan has Tajik roots. Salman Khan has half Hindu and again his Grandparents belonged to Afghanistan. Saif Ali Khan is a nawab, unlike you wannabe's he actually does have Arab roots. Also Bollywood in many ways is a dynasty of families, and is not representative of good looking people in India. As long as you belong to theaffluent families that own Bollywood like the Kapoors, you will become an actor in Bollywood. Its mro to do with connections and who you are rather than your looks.

One question though, do you ever use logic? Dont get me wrong, I am in no way trying to make it look like Indians and Pakistanis are the same genetically. Its just that most of Pakistan's population lives within 50 km of the Indian border (cities like Lahore and Islamabad) and cities like Karachi (your biggest city by quite a margin population- wise ) is filled with people whose ancestors belonged to India. How is it that you guys look like Greeks and Italians and middle Eastern people (thousands of kilometres away) more than people who live 50 km away from you? A little bit of logic wont hurt you is all I am saying.

Yeah right.

Every other day I see commercials about Fair and Lovely in India.

And before the partition of 1947, majority of all actors and actresses were from the area which became Pakistan.

Which means, Pakistanis are seen as naturally good looking and you Indians have to dig really deep to find any Indian girl who can pass for a Pakistani.

Why is it that all of your top Bollywood Stars are Muslims whose roots are in Pakistan? Such as Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Aamir Khan, etc.

Tsk.....

Yeah, right Bollywood/Fair lovely argument. it's actually very old one. so old, even Im-the-dim used it in his early Politician days.

None of them are Pakistani. Shah Rukh Khans Granfather was Afghanistani (he is half Indian Muslim, half Afghani Muslim) from Kabul. Amir Khan has Tajik roots. Salman Khan has half Hindu and again his Grandparents belonged to Afghanistan. Saif Ali Khan is a nawab, unlike you wannabe's he actually does have Arab roots. Also Bollywood in many ways is a dynasty, and is not representative of good looking people in India.

Lol, what a joke bharati!!!

Shah Rukh Khans relatives and home in Peshawar Pakistan.

Shahrukh Khan family in Pakistan Peshawar - YouTube

None of them are Pakistani. Shah Rukh Khans Granfather was Afghanistani (he is half Indian Muslim, half Afghani Muslim) from Kabul. Amir Khan has Tajik roots. Salman Khan has half Hindu and again his Grandparents belonged to Afghanistan. Saif Ali Khan is a nawab, unlike you wannabe's he actually does have Arab roots. Also Bollywood in many ways is a dynasty, and is not representative of good looking people in India.

One question though, do you ever use logic? Dont get me wrong, I am in no way trying to make it look like Indians and Pakistanis are the same genetically. Its just that most of Pakistan's population lives within 50 km of the Indian border (cities like Lahore and Islamabad) and cities like Karachi (your biggest city by quite a margin population- wise ) is filled with people whose ancestors belonged to India. How is it that you guys look like Greeks and Italians and middle Eastern people (thousands of kilometres away) more than people who live 50 km away from you? A little bit of logic wont hurt you is all I am saying.

It is no use discussing with them. Let them live in their world.

There is some truth to the thread title. Now days I am seeing all pak cab drivers in the bart parking lot.

Very simply.

Just as Kashmiri people and Tamil people look totally different or Bengali people and Pashtun people look totally different. Same applies to Indians and Pakistanis.

It wasn't just the border was established between India and Pakistan but also a large migration of people between these two countries.

Its like how Turkish and Arabs look different but yet they are right beside each other and once part of the same Ottoman Empire.

Islamabad is near Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir. Lahore is near Indian Punjab where only 3% of your population is from. We are not related to the mass of hindustan that is from central/south india.

We are Pakistanis. Not Greek, Italian, Indian, or Russian. Its you people who want us to link ourselves to indians, we always wanted to get away from you. We were the ones who asked the British to separate us from you people, remember.

Because of the nearness of the middle east, Iran and Central Asia, and also because we have had a Greek Pakistani Afghan civilization.

Gandhāra (Sanskrit: गन्धार Gandḥārā, Urdu: گندھارا Gandhāra, Pashto: ګندارا, Punjabi: گندھارا, Persian: ویهیند) is the name of an ancient kingdom (Mahajanapada), located in modern day northern Pakistan and parts of eastern Afghanistan.[1] Gandhara was located mainly in the vale of Peshawar, the Potohar plateau (see Taxila) and on the Kabul River. Its main cities were Purushapura (modern Peshawar), literally meaning "City of Man"[2], Varmayana (modern Bamyan) and Takshashila (modern Taxila).

800px-Greco-BactrianKingdomMap.jpg

Greco-BactrianKingdom:pakistan:

you sound like 50% Indian population leaving country...... 3.2 million in not even .1% of Indian Population

Actually 3.2 million is .26% of Indian Population.

Learn to use a calculator , Genius.
....:hitwall:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom