What's new

Pakistan warns US "disastrous consequences" on more raids

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want India to go on a full scale war with the Paks so that we can avenge Mumbai, you got to be crazy.

I don't want India to do anything. I am simply making an observation that, right after 26/11, the Indian media was chest thumping about teaching a Pakistan a lesson, ala US in Afghanistan, but realized India could not pull it off. So now some Indians are living vicariously through the American action -- to see America do what India wishes it could.

It looks like Pakistani's are very scared, everywhere they do not want to take credit. Does not sound good about you. You keep asking people that why India did not attacked after 26/11, why don't you ask yourself why you do not have guts to even admit what you are doing.

I am not asking why India did not attack after 26/11. I am stating a fact that India did not, and does not, have that capability.

As for credit, it's better to have the Western media braying at us rather than to have terrorists blowing themsleves up in Pakistani cities. The Western media has never been particularly friendly to Pakistan anyway and, already, the Australian media has moved on. There is no mention of Pakistan or OBL in the front pages.

So Pakistanis are confused? Just like the captain of the Pakistani vessel grateful of being rescued but unlike him too frightened and proud to admit this?

Everybody is confused. At least everybody who doesn't swallow the official story because it would be unpatriotic, after 9/11, to question anything the (US or Pakistani) government says.

There are too many inconsistencies and shifting narratives in this operation. And, given the fact that everyone accepts there is a tussle between pro- and anti-jihadi elements within the Pakistani security establishment, it is not inconceivable that Pakistan may have been involved both in sheltering as well as killing OBL. Although, to be honest, I think the Pakistani establishment would have done a far more thorough job if they really wanted to shelter him.

In any case, like I said, there are too many conflicting allegations in this operation to know Pakistan's involvement.

I don't want India to do anything. I am simply making an observation that, right after 26/11, the Indian media was chest thumping about teaching a Pakistan a lesson, ala US in Afghanistan, but realized India could not pull it off. So now some Indians are living vicariously through the American action -- to see America do what India wishes it could.

Hope u know,what happened there was not some military invasion,and anyway know the geographic position's of both US and India,can pakistan nukes reach American sub continent?

I am not asking why India did not attack after 26/11. I am stating a fact that India did not, and does not, have that capability.

As for credit, it's better to have the Western media braying at us rather than to have terrorists blowing themsleves up in Pakistani cities. The Western media has never been particularly friendly to Pakistan anyway and, already, the Australian media has moved on. There is no mention of Pakistan or OBL in the front pages.

For once tell me 1 thing frankly,do u really think without the shadow of nukes,Pakistan can survive an overwhelming Indian invasion,hope u know the disparity in conventional warfare between India and Pakistan,if it is not about nukes,then why questioning the capability of our forces?

india has the capability to strike targets in pakistan but it cannot do what america did as pakistan and india are enemy and any strike will be termed as war by pakistan,india doesnt want to engage in a war with pakistan anyways

Even if you had ICBM's, dont tell me that you have plans to attack American bases with them? :lol:

Markus... did you leave your brain somewhere... you need to look at it from the opposite direction... if we had them, then there would ve been a possibility to keep the hands of America tied...

india has the capability to strike targets in pakistan but it cannot do what america did as pakistan and india are enemy and any strike will be termed as war by pakistan,india doesnt want to engage in a war with pakistan anyways

true.. india is different from america

And if there is an attack it will considered as war ..

plus Pakistan also has capability to respond with same force .

For once tell me 1 thing frankly,do u really think without the shadow of nukes,Pakistan can survive an overwhelming Indian invasion,hope u know the disparity in conventional warfare between India and Pakistan,if it is not about nukes,then why questioning the capability of our forces?

But nukes are a fact of life. Why envisage scenarios which leave out the 800 pound gorilla?

A military capability that cannot be exercised is useless. I will just point you to my earlier post about the difference between India and a real superpower, the US.

No, you guys don't get it. Indians are living under the delusion of being some kind of super power.

Well, America gave an example of what a real super power is: a real superpower can conduct a standalone operation secure in the knowledge that the other side will not escalate.

India has no such assurance. In fact, quite the opposite since they know that any misadventure will quickly escalate into a full scale war.

A military capability that cannot be exercised is useless. I will just point you to my earlier post about the difference between India and a real superpower, the US.

us could exercise its capabilities because pakistan was an ally,america cannot try the same with russia,china as the are not an ally of america

Markus... did you leave your brain somewhere... you need to look at it from the opposite direction... if we had them, then there would ve been a possibility to keep the hands of America tied...

No you cannot stop them even if you had ICBM's....The reason is pretty simple - you don't have an independent foreign policy...If you had an independent foreign policy even your current arsenal is good enough to avoid such attacks....it's basic principle of cost vs benefits. Look at the cost America had to pay to get OBL and then benefits...There is hardly any cost but benefits are immense...Not let's re-run the scenario with assumption that GOP pursue independent foreign policy(these are polite words, harsh would be Pak is a sovereign nation)...Cost of such a misadventure would have been breaking of ties, no further co-operation in WOT.....This would have made Yanks think 100 times before going in for the kill...

Remember you are not at war with America...and you cannot win a war against them with or without ICBM's...

Lets understand one thing very clearly - Unlike South Asian region Life in western world has a value....The amount of money yanks spend in ensuring safety of their soldiers can make you sweat....What we know is that 3-4 choppers entered Pakistani Air-Space, what we don't know or probably will never know is what other stuff was there to ensure safety of those choppers should PAF intervene....So honestly in the current situation - the way this operation got over is in best interests of both the parties....Also, no matter how many warnings Pakistan issue - status quo will continue....

Wrong -- read his post again.

We do have the capability - but the same feeling (harm to civilians), on the premise that Pakistan knew the Operation beforehand, that made you NOT take credit prevented us from going to war against Pakistan because in a one-on-one war with Pakistan, we have every capability to beat it, but currently we don't want to do it because our priorities are elsewhere and another thing I will confess - the political establishment lacks the SPINE in calling the Pakistani nuke bluff. Though not every leader in the future may be a wimp like the one in power now and may well proceed to call the bluff.

us could exercise its capabilities because pakistan was an ally,america cannot try the same with russia,china as the are not an ally of america

It's got nothing to do with ally. It's because of the relative disparity in military power.

Like I wrote earlier, India can do a US-like operation in Nepal or Bhutan, perhaps even Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, but not in Pakistan.

Wrong read his post again.

We do have the capability - but the same feeling (harm to civilians), on the premise that Pakistan knew the Operation beforehand, that made you NOT take credit prevented us from going to war against Pakistan because in a one-on-one war with Pakistan, we have every capability to beat it, but currently we don't want to do it because our priorities are elsewhere and another thing I will confess - the political establishment lacks the SPINE. Though not every leader in the future may be a wimp like the one in power now.

The point was not if you can 'beat' Pakistan in a war. We both know you will 'win' eventually -- whatever it means to 'win' a nuclear war. The point was that India cannot do a standalone strike without it escalating into a war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom