What's new

Pakistan to buy only 18 F-16s

We went down on order because of the earth quake that we faced. Anyways, we need to exercise the option for 18 more of the new type and increase our force level for the new type not just the MLU. IMO if PAF wants to carry on with the jet, as it seems to be the case, then they should maintain a force level of atleast 50-60 block 52. India is already multiplying the MKI's, we cannot rely solely on just 18 of these birds. JF-17 will need time to become a mature platform and so is the J-10. They could be used as a force multiplier but not the force itself.

Ice, in my opinion and in terms of an Air Defence deterrence (with its BVR/WVR capability), the MLU offers the same capability as the blk 52. For Strike and Maritime interdiction, the Blk52 is a better solution.

This is good step by GoP. This is insane if any country buys Fighter Jet of $5 B when cash reserve is only $15B.

People, just think about poors in our country, then need Roti, Kapada aur Makan not Jet.

And there is not threat from Indian side to Pakistan. Tell me any country who is doing every thing to grow its economy, how can afford to attack a nuclear power. Whole threat perception is illusion created by people who want to grab some money.

Buying $5 billion worth of hardware does not mean that it impacts the $15 billion in FOREX reserves. Like all defence procurement, this deal would pay out over a certain stipulated amount of time for which GoP would put aside funding in each of the defence budgets.

And there is not threat from Indian side to Pakistan. Tell me any country who is doing every thing to grow its economy, how can afford to attack a nuclear power. Whole threat perception is illusion created by people who want to grab some money.

Good point but the reality is that there are fear/conflict mongers on all sides.

This is good step by GoP. This is insane if any country buys Fighter Jet of $5 B when cash reserve is only $15B.

People, just think about poors in our country, then need Roti, Kapada aur Makan not Jet.

agreed to some extent but one must maintain some detrance at all times...moreover....ab tu hum nay paisay phasa diye hoye hain itnay arsay..its better to get the planes rather then getting the money back

guys lets cool down now on this topic, we should realise that what ever decision that PAF will take, they know what is best, they have always taken the best decisions in the interest of PAK, this is one of the reasons PAK still stands today as a proud Nation and the only Muslim Nuclear power, after fighting many wars, so let them do what they do best!!!!

WE ARE PROUD OF OUR ARMY, NAVY and AIRFORCE:pakistan:

May Allah help them in all times!!!

To my friend who started to post it in first place.
Pakistan ordered 44 F-16s and not 36. 26 used ones and 18 new ones.
Its just shameful for the new government to take such a move. India has 70 Mig 29s and aside from MKIs and pakistan would only have 54 F-16s. The new government promises are merely dreams 2 months have passed where is that special economic package/plan of BB. finance minister has increased oil and Atta prices..this govt is going to kill the remaining poor people. anyways if this is true then wherei s the money of the rest 22 F-16 going to land? that is 68 million dollars approx for a single f-16 X 22 more F-16s equals 1.49 billion dollars and vice versa. Since the purchase and cost of Jf-17's have already been sorted out and the payments have been kept aside my question is where is this money going to go because this money is not going to be used in economic development this govt is as corupt as the last one. Only would like to hear if that money goes for more J-10s instead. Senior members i would like to know from you where the hell is going on.

Ok firstly its 24 plus 18 (plus possibly a additonal 18 as n other source other than dawn has said this) These are Additional units to the ones already being operated I have explained that once already. The 24 re being subsidised by EDA which means the aircraft are free but the upgrade packages (of which 60 were purchased) would cost. so its 42 plus 32 (+18to come no doubt)

lol when it comes to best interests of pakistan then Pakistan shouldn't buy any F-16s and invest in importing Atta!!. Seriously if you take look at Egyptian Air Force may be in few years their F-16s will be upgraded to MUU BLK 50/52 and youknow they have 100 plus F-16s. Pakistan is going to be called vintage Air force. P.D these F-16s were going to served for the next 15 years or so in Pakistan Air Force there was no need to cut down the number of F-16s and i doubt if PAF is mostly happy about that...India must be laughing at this if we can't afford these 44 F-16 then shame on our govt saying we can protect our skies cuz we can't not a chance JF-17s alone can't do much although their capabilities are better than Mirages and F-7 and A-5s still we've to face MKIs, Mig 29s, possile MIG-35 or f-18s and Mirage 2000s do u seriously think alone 52-54 F-16s and 150 JF-17s can do the Job? well think again (never Under estimate you enemy) but the same does not apply for Pakistan.

Oh great another troll lol
Ignore ths one guys!

lol when it comes to best interests of pakistan then Pakistan shouldn't buy any F-16s and invest in importing Atta!!. Seriously if you take look at Egyptian Air Force may be in few years their F-16s will be upgraded to MUU BLK 50/52 and youknow they have 100 plus F-16s. Pakistan is going to be called vintage Air force. P.D these F-16s were going to served for the next 15 years or so in Pakistan Air Force there was no need to cut down the number of F-16s and i doubt if PAF is mostly happy about that...India must be laughing at this if we can't afford these 44 F-16 then shame on our govt saying we can protect our skies cuz we can't not a chance JF-17s alone can't do much although their capabilities are better than Mirages and F-7 and A-5s still we've to face MKIs, Mig 29s, possile MIG-35 or f-18s and Mirage 2000s do u seriously think alone 52-54 F-16s and 150 JF-17s can do the Job? well think again (never Under estimate you enemy) but the same does not apply for Pakistan.

we don't give a damn to any one who call our Airforce either a vintage airforce or one of the most modern, well our rival always had a bigger airforce but did their airforce help them to win PAK bak to them, anwer is NO, and will never will inshallah!!!!

as many other senior members have already told abut JF-17 and J-10's that they will take time to mature but believe me we will be proud of our decision to purchase/manufacture these jets not far from now!!!!

by the way by readin ur posts abut PAF, i doubt u r a PAKISTANI:undecided:

Guys,

I really think that we are getting all worked up over nothing. As I mentioned above and others have previously alluded to the same, PAF has only purchased 18 as of now. So I really don't understand this point about cutting back from 36 etc. etc.

Maybe I am not understanding the confusion here..help! :P

Guys,

I really think that we are getting all worked up over nothing. As I mentioned above and others have previously alluded to the same, PAF has only purchased 18 as of now. So I really don't understand this point about cutting back from 36 etc. etc.

Maybe I am not understanding the confusion here..help! :P

It doesn't help when you have idiots trolling Blain lol

I wanna clear up any nonsense.

32 original aircraft (MLUed to BLK 50)

+ 28 MLUed BLK 50 aircraft (aircraft under EDA)

+18 F-16's

Option to get another 18 (which I have not heard from a official source is being cancelled.

THATS 78 AIRCRAFT + 18

People, we had ordered 18 new 16s!! with an option of 18 more. This is nothing new.

God, our gossiping media makes a huge fuss out of nothing.

This same news channel stated China was starting the manufacturing of F-22P while it was being launched in Hudong!

It doesn't help when you have idiots trolling Blain lol

I wanna clear up any nonsense.

32 original aircraft (MLUed to BLK 50)

+ 28 MLUed BLK 50 aircraft (aircraft under EDA)

+18 F-16's

Option to get another 18 (which I have not heard from a official source is being cancelled.

THATS 78 AIRCRAFT + 18

Correct. I think the fun part would be to see how quickly the 28 under EDA are delivered. Thus far we have received 4 from this batch.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom