What's new

Pakistan scores a diplomatic brownie point: Kayani gets Russia to 'ignore'

Russia is playing both Pakistan and India, this helps them keep their options open.

As things stand today, Russsia does not have many cards to play.

Instead of a " player' it remains an ' option'.

Badly in need of markets it would sell to Seychelles too if they paid in $.

It will take decades if all goes well for Russia to come close to where USSR once was.

Your post is idiotic in wat way ur post make relevance 2 my post. In fact what I said about them is true.

off topic: Here almost 99% expect few fellows like Nishan_101 were writing anti-Indian , anti-hindus posts. My stance is anti-Pakistan and their respective religion I don't find anything wrong in that. Simply ignore my post don't cry over there.

try to Become a Part of the other 1 percent and you will see the stats Changing .

see. people claiming Russia loves India and this and that 'Russia love centers' across their country , so this is the love you brag about much??

thumbs up for COAS, more understanding and corporation between Russia and Pakistan is highly welcomed

on a side note, I would love to see an exercise between SSG and Russian Spetsnaz.

I dont understand for what Pakistanis are gloating about..
The Russian minister just postponed the visit..instead of coming on October 4th, he came on October 10th.
And the reason he did so was because the Pakistani Army chief was visiting Russia and second straight snub from a top level bureaucrat of Russia would send Russia-Pakistan relations to dangerous levels.

Red Bear............have not fogotten the Saber in Chest from Pakistan in Afghanistan and Chechnya

Pakistani national TV still announce Islamic terrorist attacking Russians in Chechnya as freedom fighters. I watched PTV news and the news reporter was addressing them as shaheed (Martyrs) and jaanbaaz (brave) against Russian occupation even after when Beslan Siege was over.

This is not a brownie point or something of the sort. This is indicative of changes taking place in the geo-political and geo-strategic environment. As the environment are emerging, taking shape of new alignments are being discerned. Russia at this stage and even in future as well is very important for India, this despite the upstart Indians here saying that we don't need Russia. After all, close to 75-80 % weapon platforms used by India are of Russian origin and getting the replacement if at all, would take decades to accomplish and probably some trillion dollars. In addition, for establishment of a foothold in Central Asia, India would need Russia's nod, without which, India may not be able to enhance its influence. India's current trade with 5-6 Central Asian states is between merely 500-600 million dollars. And India does not have a viable route to reach these markets unless it improves its relations with Pakistan and China.

Hemmed in as it is, India can not exploit its power potential and is more and more dependent on others despite its economic growth and the downturn. Contrarily, Pakistan is emerging as a potent player in the region and beyond. All the three powers in the region, US, Russia and China would want to have good relations with Pakistan. India on the other hand, after some time, may only have America's shoulder to cry her heart out.

Indians kids here brag "Oh oh we have alot of projects with Russia" blah blah...While Russians don't give a sh!t about Indian Defence Minister and instead prefer to meet General Kiyani!!! :lol:

Bhartiyon ki aukat hi yeh hai...

Did some pakistani used the word "aukat" ??? :rofl:

. Contrarily, Pakistan is emerging as a potent player in the region and beyond. All the three powers in the region, US, Russia and China would want to have good relations with Pakistan. India on the other hand, after some time, may only have America's shoulder to cry her heart out.

you are dream boy , None of them want relation with pak. USA just for Afghanistan today , Russia ...hehehe Their President even don't consider Pakistan for a visit . China , Chinese people hate Pakistan and islamist .

you are dream boy , None of them want relation with pak. USA just for Afghanistan today , Russia ...hehehe Their President even don't consider Pakistan for a visit . China , Chinese people hate Pakistan and islamist .

Yes I dream. But I am not a boy.

You need to grow up to be able to post coherent responses on such forums.

The Russian president will visit Pakistan on a later date soon - Foreign office statement last night ... So , what were you saying , kid ?

Yes , they just expelled the Pakistani ambassador in China :rofl:

Just a meeting with Russia in Russia and here goes the celebration in Pakistan. :lol:

If you are ignorant of recent developments in Russia-Pakistan relations then better do not post and ridicule yourself ... :azn:

The Russian president will visit Pakistan on a later date soon - Foreign office statement last night ... So , what were you saying , kid ?

Yes , they just expelled the Pakistani ambassador in China :rofl:

If you are ignorant of recent developments in Russia-Pakistan relations then better do not post and ridicule yourself ... :azn:

It is all assumptions well within PDF only, Normalising relations is no problem provided earlier US proxy attitiude of Pakistan towards USSR. But overjoying for the same has no logic. Afterall it is everybody's interests thats it.

If one thinks that it is Indian money vs Pakistan partnership in Afghanistan, then he/she is sadly mistaken. It is the SCO vs Indian money - nothing more, nothing less. But Russia will not pull the trigger first against Indian partnership. Russia willl build her relationship with Pakistan but would wait for how India's foreign policy shapes up along with its economy in the next decade.

I think its Russian way of sending messages to India for getting closer to Washington. Indian reaction will formulate Russian policy but Russia wont just discard india for it has been a very good milk producing cow

Lt-Gen (retd) [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]Hamid Gul, former ISI director-general, believes it's the first step towards forming a Pakistan-Russia-China block - a move Kayani would like to take credit for[/COLOR].[/B][/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I want to see, so INSHAALLAH soon we will see this happening & this is exactly what I have been saying in my other posts.

Back
Top Bottom