What's new

Pakistan likely to extend MFN status to India

@Members

Just one quick thought....All those who are against this MFN status to India should read this...

Official trade between the two countries might be low, but, the volume of third country and illegal trade indicates the tremendous potential for bilateral trade between the two countries. Informal trade, via third countries (such as the United Arab Emirates, specifically Dubai), is estimated at some US$ 2 billion to US$ 3 billion per year, and this trade could obviously be undertaken bilaterally at significantly lower cost. The guesstimates of illegal trade between India and Pakistan range widely between 0.5 to 3 billion dollars. It exceeds considerably the value of legal trade between the two countries.

PatnaDaily.Com | Indo-Pak Trade: Present Situation

Just open your eyes and accept the reality....trade is already there and that too in billions....Make it legal and enjoy the even extended benefits....

Many of you (mostly Indians) will hate me for saying this,

I am against any kind of trade with Pakistan.

Having said that my company itself provides Automation solutions to Pakistan 3 topmost retailers and I have been to Pakistan twice for the same.

However keeping the bitter fact aside, I am against any kind of relationship with Pakistan.

No need for any samjhauta express neither any bus service.

Indian economy or its industries wont die if we don't trade with Pakistan.

The money that will be made out of this trade will be used agaisnt us to bleed us.

We spend 1000 rupees for development in Kashmir which is destroyed at a mere cost of Rs.1 from Pakistan.

I am rather fan of the below.

8 ways India can hurt Pakistani economy : Rediff.com Business

GB

Trade is always beneficial between counties. Even US benefits trading with Somalia. This is called law of comparative advantage (Ref: Ricardo). Unless, of course, in an imaginative situation, where both counties have similar opportunity costs of producing a product.

Moreover, trade is the best tool to stimulate peace. IMO, in the history of mankind, there was no war between countries which had healthy trading relationships

And that too when you do not have a local industry capable of meeting all of the needs of a growing population. All of the Pakistani leadership knows that MFN status to India makes sense, however Kashmir politics stand in the way. I do see the GoP's point and am not against the point, however economically speaking, there is no argument that can be made suggesting that opening up the economy to India would be a bad thing.

To me this is the biggest problem...Even educated folks like you fall pray to such sentiments.....When something is making economically sense then all other points are worthless.....How come by trading with New Delhi you will loose an edge on kashmir Issue....Why is it so hard to look at India-China equation??? A $60 billion worth trade ...unresolved and yeat peaceful borders...

Please educate me in past 6 decades have you been able to resolve kashmir by not trading with India???? How will on this earth you think by not trading kashmir will be resolved??? These are the sentiments that New delhi has been raising from quite some time....reason we have practically seen the benefits of trading with adversaries(read china)....Its been quite a while we have given you MFN and high time GOP reciprocate....

As far as trade goes if not legal then illegal one will continue...Only different is respective govt. won't see the fruit and consumers will keep getting things at higher price....

Then you should not be on this Pakistani forum either :) dont you think so

or the moderators should do him a favour by terminating his relationships with this forum and help him take a first step of breaking relationships with Pakistan and Pakistanis

Right Gharib Nawaz?

orthe moderators should do him a favour by terminating his relationships with this forum and help him take a first step of breaking relationships with Pakistan and Pakistanis

Right GB?

:agree: very right

To me this is the biggest problem...Even educated folks like you fall pray to such sentiments.....When something is making economically sense then all other points are worthless.....How come by trading with New Delhi you will loose an edge on kashmir Issue....Why is it so hard to look at India-China equation??? A $60 billion worth trade ...unresolved and yeat peaceful borders...

Please educate me in past 6 decades have you been able to resolve kashmir by not trading with India???? How will on this earth you think by not trading kashmir will be resolved??? These are the sentiments that New delhi has been raising from quite some time....reason we have practically seen the benefits of trading with adversaries(read china)....Its been quite a while we have given you MFN and high time GOP reciprocate....

As far as trade goes if not legal then illegal one will continue...Only different is respective govt. won't see the fruit and consumers will keep getting things at higher price....

let the education begin.
1. No business with enemy.
2. supporting enemy goods is like saying my convictions do not matter and u as my enemy are right.

3. Matters of Kashmir, water and of Afghanistan do not matter to us, u as an enemy should get our business at all costs.

Your interfering in Bangladesh was right, and now u can interfere in all Internal Pakistani affairs as all I need is to do business with you. Anf give u more of my foreign exchange.

there is more if u like I can continue, but i hope u caught the drift.

@Members

Just one quick thought....All those who are against this MFN status to India should read this...

PatnaDaily.Com | Indo-Pak Trade: Present Situation

Just open your eyes and accept the reality....trade is already there and that too in billions....Make it legal and enjoy the even extended benefits....

First thing first, smuggling of goods must be stopped. Before the business starts. Because by starting business in these circumstances the volume of smuggling will spin out of control.

let the education begin.
1. No business with enemy.
2. supporting enemy goods is like saying my convictions do not matter and u as my enemy are right.

3. Matters of Kashmir, water and of Afghanistan do not matter to us, u as an enemy should get our business at all costs.

Your interfering in Bangladesh was right, and now u can interfere in all Internal Pakistani affairs as all I need is to do business with you. Anf give u more of my foreign exchange.

he had given the chinese example,the same issues are with china also,but trade is very high.there is rift b/w u.s ,china but trade goes on.as an example in whole market 80% of the electronics is chinese,now shud we stop to purchase considering them as enemy.
demand does not c indian or pak label,it just c that our needs are completed or not.also with this rift what we have gained in past in case of trade.

he had given the chinese example,the same issues are with china also,but trade is very high.there is rift b/w u.s ,china but trade goes on.as an example in whole market 80% of the electronics is chinese,now shud we stop to purchase considering them as enemy.
demand does not c indian or pak label,it just c that our needs are completed or not.also with this rift what we have gained in past in case of trade.

Both China and U.S had never and will never occupy each others land and the enmity is only on surface due to U.S. loosing grounds to china for its Manufacturing surpassing U.S. and enormous trade deficit in favor of China.

Now U.S. should stand up to the challenge and match or exceed the Manufacture/productions done by China.

U.S has the know how, the Industry, the Raw materials and the fantastic education system, and is capable of competing with anyone including China.

Instead of going to wars in various parts of the world, U.S. can set an example by leading in the areas noted above and can be the country all look up to as all did in 20s, 30s, 40s,50s 60s 70s 80s and part of 90s.

What went wrong.

-Unions worked themselves out of the competitive edge.

-Leaders gave in to the demands of Unions except for Ronald Reagen.

-Education became very expensive and only elite could afford to send their children to Universities.

-Crimes and mafia became the big players in the game of business.

-poor felt abandoned and lost the interest they had, and somehow believed that they are being marginalized.

I am no expert in the economy but another big factor contributed to the already difficult situation was the inability/reluctance of U.S to solve Middleast and or Kashmir problem.

let the education begin.
Sure!!!

Yes sir i did catch it :agree:...For those who did not let me make quick points

a) You know nothing about economics
b) You have no idea how beneficial this would be for Pakistani markets and end user
c) You have no idea how many job opportunities it will create in Pakistan
d) You have no idea how good this would be for the region....because once Pakistan and India engages like Indo-China they will understand how damaging a war/low-level conflict would be for both....
e) You have no idea how important this step would be to bring normalcy between India and Pakistan which in turn will help masses
f) Last but not the least you have no idea that your hatred has made you blind because while we are talking common man in Pakistan are busy watching movies made in the same adversary land and common man in my country are busy watching Pakistani plays....On top of that we both are using products made in adversary lands by virtue of Legal and Illegal trade ...

I hope i did get the drift...Do help me if i have not....

Last edited:
Perhaps its good to let our politicians sort this one out , and focus on other issues we really do not know the political impact.

I mean if Shoiab Malik can be prisoned , what chance does normal business man has in India is my main concern its quite dangerous

I think this is another CBM between our countries.

Perhaps its good to let our politicians sort this one out , and focus on other issues we really do not know the political impact.

I mean if Shoiab Malik can be prisoned , what chance does normal business man has in India is my main concern its quite dangerous

Better have one bird in hand, then two in bush :yahoo::yahoo:

Indeed, but we still have a lot to offer each other. Perhaps if we adopt the Chinese model and have company sponsored visas that would be good due diligence and also ensure a certain amount of protection for the visiting businessmen/women.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom